Jets have agreed to terms with Bilal Powell

Jet Life

JAG, could've drafted a rb with more upside in the 5th round.

Vereen would've been perfect

We'll see what the two contracts look like. I'm not a big fan of giving veteran backs second contracts, but I have a feeling Powell signed pretty cheaply. Don't see his one year deal stopping the Jets from doing anything else they want to do at the RB position.

he sucks which is why he could never carve out any real role here-we would have been better off targeting vareen -I hope this does not kill the spiller to jets concept  either

this team loves re signing its jags -maybe we can lock up nelson for a few years  too

Without seeing the money, this is a solid resigning for the Jets. Powell is an ideal backup. A Jack of all trades type who can fill in on any down. He can run, he can catch, he can pass protect. Good guy to have on the team.

His presence doesn't stop the Jets from looking for another vet, or taking a RB high in the draft. Don't sweat that.

Gordon in round 2 if he's still there

Not in favor of this signing.  There are better options out there on the RB front.  We have cash to spend and have to get better on the offensive side of the ball, and we decide instead to bring back an extremely average player. 

Archived