Drew Brees being shopped? (Unsubstantiated rumor)

bergenjets

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It feels so good to be in the offseason playoffs again. 

Right?  Wish I could see the faces of all the Idzik/Rex apologists.  Now, I hope everyone realizes what unprofessional dicks they were/are.  

Massive thanks to Bowles and Mccagnan for creating an air of respectability and serious approach to our team.  So far, well done, men.

Right?  Wish I could see the faces of all the Idzik/Rex apologists.  Now, I hope everyone realizes what unprofessional dicks they were/are.  

Massive thanks to Bowles and Mccagnan for creating an air of respectability and serious approach to our team.  So far, well done, men.

What have they done exactly ?  Be as  specific as you can be ?

If we get Brees we better have a stable of RB's he can throw the ball to since that's when hes at his best

Brees needs BIG targets and RBs in a screen game.

Gates, Colston (a converted TE) and Graham have been the guys he's had the best chemistry with over his career. I think Marshall, Decker and Amaro fit the bill. We'd need a guy who can take the lid off, and then a Reggie Bush / Pierre Thomas type of back for screen passes, etc. 

I really hope this has legs. I wanted us to sign Brees back when the Saints got him.

I dunno if Brees is available.

I dunno what the Saints are looking for in return if he is available.

But if he is available and let's say the JETS are able to swing a trade a fair value let's not forget that Brees for all his ability still could not carry his previous team to a playoff spot or even a .500 record.

I still would like to see a deal done BUT there is no way in hell I would want the JETS to bet the farm on this one.

Brees needs BIG targets and RBs in a screen game.

Gates, Colston (a converted TE) and Graham have been the guys he's had the best chemistry with over his career. I think Marshall, Decker and Amaro fit the bill. We'd need a guy who can take the lid off, and then a Reggie Bush / Pierre Thomas type of back for screen passes, etc. 

I really hope this has legs. I wanted us to sign Brees back when the Saints got him.

yes we do have the receivers in place ...bush would be nice as would Thomas

Keep in mind if this happens everything changes because we would be built to win NOW especially if we get Revis as well. What I mean by that is we could possibly target a few of the older FA's on the cheap to contribute to a strong run

yes we do have the receivers in place ...bush would be nice as would Thomas

Keep in mind if this happens everything changes because we would be built to win NOW especially if we get Revis as well. What I mean by that is we could possibly target a few of the older FA's on the cheap to contribute to a strong run

Ivory would fill the Ingram role. Powell maybe ca do the Thomas rolw

I dunno if Brees is available.

I dunno what the Saints are looking for in return if he is available.

But if he is available and let's say the JETS are able to swing a trade a fair value let's not forget that Brees for all his ability still could not carry his previous team to a playoff spot or even a .500 record.

I still would like to see a deal done BUT there is no way in hell I would want the JETS to bet the farm on this one.

We don't have a farm, we're lucky if we have a petting zoo. Bet the figgin thing!

You replying to integrity regarding trading for Revis. Did I misread your reply to him about you suggesting Wilk for Brees? If so, I aploogize.

where did Revis come in ? I did mention Wilk for Brees what do you think your going to get Brees for free ? Do you think Wilk for Brees  is a bad trade for us ? A good One ? just elaborate is all Im asking

where did Revis come in ? I did mention Wilk for Brees what do you think your going to get Brees for free ? Do you think Wilk for Brees is a bad trade for us ? A good One ? just elaborate is all Im asking

I did mean to say Revis. I meant to say Wilk. You would honestly think about trading Wilk for Brees?

I think that would be terrible for us. He's one of the cornerstones on this team. A young pass rushing stud that essentially has no weaknesses. As much as I want Brees, he has clearly taken a step, or two back.

I did mean to say Revis. I meant to say Wilk. You would honestly think about trading Wilk for Brees?

I think that would be terrible for us. He's one of the cornerstones on this team. A young pass rushing stud that essentially has no weaknesses. As much as I want Brees, he has clearly taken a step, or two back.

So it would be bad to have an experienced QB to run this team for 2 or 3 years while we figure out who we're going to draft in the next 2 or 3 years to be Brees Replacement ? You think a DE is more important than a QB ? Remember Wilk is a very good player but in respect to the entire team Brees would make us a winner now and allow a young QB to develop under him.

Also I was not aware that 6, 10, 5 and 3 sacks over the past 4 years constituted a pass rushing stud

So it would be bad to have an experienced QB to run this team for 2 or 3 years while we figure out who we're going to draft in the next 2 or 3 years to be Brees Replacement ? You think a DE is more important than a QB ? Remember Wilk is a very good player but in respect to the entire team Brees would make us a winner now and allow a young QB to develop under him.

Also I was not aware that 6, 10, 5 and 3 sacks over the past 4 years constituted a pass rushing stud

Sacks are extremely misleading, especially for a 3-4 defensive end. Wilk is a monster. I understand Brees is a monster as well, and I would love to trade for him, but trading Wilk will be ridiculous. I'll think about trading Coples or a conditional pick, but definitely not Wilk. That's your opinion though.

Sacks are extremely misleading, especially for a 3-4 defensive end. Wilk is a monster. I understand Brees is a monster as well, and I would love to trade for him, but trading Wilk will be ridiculous. I'll think about trading Coples or a conditional pick, but definitely not Wilk. That's your opinion though.

Coples ? he might get ya next to nothing . If we offered Coples for Brees Mac would hear laughing as the phone was hanging up in his face

Archived