Drew Brees being shopped? (Unsubstantiated rumor)

bergenjets

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dedication

Desperation is more like it, faba.  Too many years of watching dog shyte at the QB position.  And the prospect of having Geno or Fitz behind center this year bugs the crap out of me. 

Yeah, I know getting Brees on board is a long shot/pipe dream. But until the rumor is squashed, it makes the upcoming season hopeful.

Schefter on Mike and Mike.. said this talk about Brees being traded was "ridiculous"

I'm sure it's ridiculous but the truth is the Saints don't have a chance in hell to make the playoffs.

If Payton Manning can be cut anyone in the NFL is fair game.

It actually would be smart for the Saints to suck for Cook in the long run.

By holding on to him they'll just flounder around until he's done. Sometimes you have to just pull the bandaid off even if it takes the scab.

They will be one of the worst teams in the NFL anyway, without Brees they're vying for the #1 pick.

After their 1-6 start no one will be showing up to the Super dome anyway.

I'm sure it's ridiculous but the truth is the Saints don't have a chance in hell to make the playoffs.

If Payton Manning can be cut anyone in the NFL is fair game.

It actually would be smart for the Saints to suck for Cook in the long run.

By holding on to him they'll just flounder around until he's done. Sometimes you have to just pull the bandaid off even if it takes the scab.

They will be one of the worst teams in the NFL anyway, without Brees they're vying for the #1 pick.

After their 1-6 start no one will be showing up to the Super dome anyway.

I feel like I'm being punked. 

If I had a twatter I'd go on there and say:  Breaking News: Luck is being shopped and Jets are trying to put together a package

You maroons could start a 10 page thread wishing upon a star for it to come true.

If I had a twatter I'd go on there and say:  Breaking News: Luck is being shopped and Jets are trying to put together a package

You maroons could start a 10 page thread wishing upon a star for it to come true.

Yeah but nobody would listen to you because you mow lawns. 

Yeah but nobody would listen to you because you mow lawns. 

I guess we can add racist next to fat and bald on your resume.

Secondly the tweet that you bubbleheads are yanking each others cranks over is from some dudes that are hanging out in one of their moms basements. 

Secondly the tweet that you bubbleheads are yanking each others cranks over is from some dudes that are hanging out in one of their moms basements. 

You once posted an article written by a middle schooler in order to defend Rex Ryan.

So your saying you don't mow lawns anymore?  You the hedge guy now?  Congratulations man.

You once posted an article written by a middle schooler in order to defend Rex Ryan.

Aiden Mackie is a respected columnist that writes for a site that gets millions of hits.  Sure he may be diminutive but to label him a "middle schooler" because he doesn't look like Mike Lupica is a bit much.

And incidentally Mackie was dead right in that article.

Aiden Mackie is a respected columnist that writes for a site that gets millions of hits.  Sure he may be diminutive but to label him a "middle schooler" because he doesn't look like Mike Lupica is a bit much.

331572_2123986553448_620722779_o_crop_15

e96cb4e00e402135aff2ce0cba3fb189c8f4ef3d

Honestly man, we've gotten a lot better so far, but also older, and it all means nothing cause we have a steaming pile of crusher dung at QB..

I don't get it

His scathing review of the new cast of power rangers was spot on too

Honestly man, we've gotten a lot better so far, but also older, and it all means nothing cause we have a steaming pile of crusher dung at QB..

I don't get it

I don't see how fantasizing about an elite QB who isn't available helps.

Dont get me wrong favre pickup was brilliant. Cant control injuries. If he didnt get hurt we wouldve def made playoffs and he wouldve stuck around imho

Or if we fire Schitty and replace him with a coordinator who uses a west coast package Favre already knew he stays with us in 2009 and we win a Super Bowl.

1. Drew Brees is still a franchise QB.

Brees signed a $100 million deal before the 2012 season and it runs through 2016. Even at 36, he's still playing at a high level and the hope, presumably, is that he can continue to do so until the Saints find their next franchise quarterback. Brees is set to make $18.75 million in 2015, $19.75 million in the final year of his deal, and unless the Saints have a change of heart (and they very well may, given their recent decisions to rebuild), there's every reason to think he'll earn that money.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25104558/are-the-saints-in-full-on-rebuilding-mode-4-things-to-know

Archived