1 Winston

2. Gregory

3 Fowler

4 white

5 ray

6 Mariota to Cleveland

I'd be okay with this if it was the #12 pick plus their 2nd and 4th round pick

Or #12 and 5th rd pick plus 2016 #1

Screw that. I want the 12 and the 19th. Forget second round or third round. Both first rounders if you want the QB.

If anyone knows Mariotas skill set it's Kelly. Guys the most innovative coach in this league after Belichick.

Jets will never be in the Conner Cook sweepstakes next year, Fitz is stopgap & most of you hate Geno Smith. You hit on Mariota & he turns out to be the real deal your owning the AFC East after Brady finally ages.

It's a no brainer if he's sitting there.

I'd be shocked if he gets past the Titans if no one moves up for him. Even if the Titans GM & coach want to pass on him because they need to win now, their owner might trump them both & say we need a face for the franchise to put fannys in the seats.

Now like others have said, if he does fall to 6 and the Browns want to trade both 1s & add a 2 & something next year, than yes, that could make sense & grab Petty later.

It's gotta be a big deal to pass on him.

I agree. If Mariota falls to six the Jets should land on him with both feet. QB is the MOST IMPORTANT POSITION in the NFL. Now, with Fitzpatrick the Jets can afford to let Mariota sit a season and then see if he's ready to plug and play. Pass rusher would be the next best option if he is gone, which I suspect he will be. The Titans, can't 'win now' as you say with Zach Mettenberger. They will almost surely take Mariota. Think about it. They have a need for a face of the franchise player, who is also a QB. Yes, he is a project, but the risk reward is in the favor of reward because his ceiling is high.

With all due respect, sometimes I think you're trolling.

Anyway, you don't spend the #6 pick on any player at any position who won't play that year.

If and a big If Jets took mariota, I assume intent WILL BE to play him, but Jets were smart to get a Vet QB who knows Chans playbook so in case Mariota looks iffy in camp, we have a QB who can manage the game with our great D since he 100% knows our playbook. Then I assume Jets would go all in w/Mariota in 2016. Geno by the way, is out of the equation IMHO. GM/HC didnt draft him and he was a 2nd round pick. I dont think Geno sees the field this year whether we draft Mariota or not. You actually think Geno will grasp the new playbook by Week 1 as well as the Vet who played in system for 2 years? Hell, I think Mariota will have better grasp of playbook than Geno by Week1 from what I have heard about Mariota Football IQ smarts. Bowles w/his D is gonna tell Chan, play the guy who wont screw it up for my Top5 Defense.

Why would Cleveland take Mariota when they already got Johnny ???

BREAKING NEWS: @TheRealTRizzo said a source very close to him said Johnny Manziel will not play in the 2015 @NFL season #SameOldBrowns

BREAKING NEWS: @TheRealTRizzo said a source very close to him said Johnny Manziel will not play in the 2015 @NFL season #SameOldBrowns

maybe Casserly knew this when he made his 'Jets will trade #6 to Browns' comment in interview yesterday?

casserly has earned more cred in my book this summer/winter. Mac (casserlys protege) seems to have makings of very smart GM.

Other than picks, are there ANY Browns on roster who Jets could ask for as part of trade?

Anyway, you don't spend the #6 pick on any player at any position who won't play that year.

why not?? most nfl qb's selected in the 1st round are not nfl ready in any way shape or form. I am not sold on mariota, but if the front office is, why throw the kid into the fire like so many other 1st round qb's that eventually don't work out. college and pros are 2 different animals. I don't see that playing a first year qb is seeing what the kids got. I look at it as doing irrepairable damage

See, this is what I'm talking about.

Aaron Rodgers was drafted #24, a huge difference. You must know this, no?

Who the f*ck cares?

Every freaking team that let him slide past them saying "it's not good value" are kicking themselves in the azz now.

If The Jets trade out of 6 and grab the Browns 1st this year and their 1st next year.  I would take Melvin Gordon at 12.  Then try and move up with your 2 number ones next year to land Cook or Hackenburg.

OK, I would definitely be on board with that!

If anyone knows Mariotas skill set it's Kelly. Guys the most innovative coach in this league after Belichick.

Jets will never be in the Conner Cook sweepstakes next year, Fitz is stopgap & most of you hate Geno Smith. You hit on Mariota & he turns out to be the real deal your owning the AFC East after Brady finally ages.

It's a no brainer if he's sitting there.

I'd be shocked if he gets past the Titans if no one moves up for him. Even if the Titans GM & coach want to pass on him because they need to win now, their owner might trump them both & say we need a face for the franchise to put fannys in the seats.

Now like others have said, if he does fall to 6 and the Browns want to trade both 1s & add a 2 & something next year, than yes, that could make sense & grab Petty later.

It's gotta be a big deal to pass on him.

Mariota sucks and Petty sucks. Kelly saying Mariota is the best quarterback in the draft is like saying your son who is a straight C student is the smartest kid in class. You may mean it and believe it, but it's not true.

This will likely be the last time (in the foreseeable future) the Jets are anywhere near the top of the draft where "top" QB prospects like Mariota tend to be drafted. This team is going to win between 7-10 games next year, which pegs you right in the middle of the draft - any QB's being picked there are going to be flawed, so it's either Mariota or the next flawed QB.

So this 

This will likely be the last time (in the foreseeable future) the Jets are anywhere near the top of the draft where "top" QB prospects like Mariota tend to be drafted. This team is going to win between 7-10 games next year, which pegs you right in the middle of the draft - any QB's being picked there are going to be flawed, so it's either Mariota or the next flawed QB.

Mariota is flawed.  I would rather use #6 on a potential stud and grab the flawed QB in the middle of the draft next year.

How the Jets finish in 2015 has very little impact on their ability to maneuver in the 2016 draft. If they need a top pick in 2016 for Cook or Hackenburg or whomever, they'll have the resources to move up. This isn't a suck for luck position.

So this 

Mariota is flawed.  I would rather use #6 on a potential stud and grab the flawed QB in the middle of the draft next year.

I don't disagree. If the Jets can trade down and accumulate a significant number of picks, I'd be on board. Then you can use your surplus of draft picks taking fliers on middle-round QBs. The Jets need to draft a QB every year until they find one worth keeping.

I don't disagree. If the Jets can trade down and accumulate a significant number of picks, I'd be on board. Then you can use your surplus of draft picks taking fliers on middle-round QBs. The Jets need to draft a QB every year until they find one worth keeping.

+1,000,000

Go back & look at last years playoff teams.

All had Quartbacks.

Brady, Flacco, Luck, Rothlisberger, Manning

Romo, Stafford, Rogers, Wilson, Cam

The only playoff team without a QB was Arizona (hmm, don't we have their DC as our coach?) eerie.

If The Jets trade out of 6 and grab the Browns 1st this year and their 1st next year.  I would take Melvin Gordon at 12.  Then try and move up with your 2 number ones next year to land Cook or Hackenburg.

I'd Rather take Brandon Scherff if he's there. Watching him Mash people with Mangold and Dbrick would be awesome

Casserly has the draft going this way

1 Winston

2. Gregory

3 Fowler

4 white

5 ray

6 Mariota to Cleveland

I'd be okay with this if it was the #12 pick plus their 2nd and 4th round pick

Or #12 and 5th rd pick plus 2016 #1

if the draft goes this way we will need a call center to help answer the calls for people who want leonard williams. or maybe we take him and trade wilk

If the Jets do take Mariotta(I think they will if he is there) he will not start the first year. That's why they probably traded for Fitz. Do not make the same mistake they made with Geno. If Mariotta is there for them at 6 and they take him his butt will be on the sidelines for year 1. It does make sense. Fitz's deal is up after the coming season and Mariotta on the sidelines watching him run the offense will benefit him greatly. Of course Geno is probably gone. I know alot of guys hate him and it is justified but I feel he got a bad deal. He was to immature and not ready to start. Rex and CO kinda threw him into the fire and he simply was not ready. I think He would have been alot better off if he was holding a clipboard in his first season instead of starting.

If the Jets do take Mariotta(I think they will if he is there) he will not start the first year. That's why they probably traded for Fitz. Do not make the same mistake they made with Geno. If Mariotta is there for them at 6 and they take him his butt will be on the sidelines for year 1. It does make sense. Fitz's deal is up after the coming season and Mariotta on the sidelines watching him run the offense will benefit him greatly. Of course Geno is probably gone. I know alot of guys hate him and it is justified but I feel he got a bad deal. He was to immature and not ready to start. Rex and CO kinda threw him into the fire and he simply was not ready. I think He would have been alot better off if he was holding a clipboard in his first season instead of starting.

90% of these types of picks (1st and 2nd round QBs) should sit at least a year. Rodgers sat for 3.

90% of these types of picks (1st and 2nd round QBs) should sit at least a year. Rodgers sat for 3.

Agree.

Pennington sat for 2 and a 1/2 years until he FINALLY got a shot to replace an ineffective Vinny Testaverde.

Chad LIT IT UP when he got to start and led the Jets to an improbable back-peddling AFC East Championship (2nd ever and the last since). He got to sit and LEARN the game. For Mariotta to succeed he HAS TO SIT AT LEAST a year or so. Under new CBA, you can AFFORD to let him sit 2 years and still be under contract for 4 more (5th year option, then Franchise Tag),

Agree.

Pennington sat for 2 and a 1/2 years until he FINALLY got a shot to replace an ineffective Vinny Testaverde.

Chad LIT IT UP when he got to start and led the Jets to an improbable back-peddling AFC East Championship (2nd ever and the last since). He got to sit and LEARN the game. For Mariotta to succeed he HAS TO SIT AT LEAST a year or so. Under new CBA, you can AFFORD to let him sit 2 years and still be under contract for 4 more (5th year option, then Franchise Tag),

If MacDaddy thinks this kid can be the Franchise QB moving forward, you take him and he sits.

If not, I use him to gain extra picks in a trade down unless White, Cooper, Beasley, Ray or Fowler are seen as All Pro type talent, then I keep the pick

Archived