2015 JN Mock Draft V.1 DISCUSSION Thread

T0mShane

I knew Lith was gonna do that. Sneaky, low key smart.

Thanks -- didn't expect him to be there and I wasn't sure I should pull the trigger, but living in Chicago and subjecting myself to all of the talk radio around here, I would be a hero in this city for getting the guy to replace Jay.  

Now if only I could get that WR back from the Jets.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good pick by the Bears if you ask me.  Gutsy because they have other needs but I do agree that they want to get rid of Cutler and his contract was the only thing keeping him around for now.  They can now work forward on dumping him and have their starter groomed for a year and much more ready.  Would like to see a team do this type of thing and show patience for a Qb not ready right now but with a lot of potential.

I choose Beasley because he fills a huge and can make an immediate impact on our already good defense.  With the pressure form the defensive line, excellent coverage in the secondary, Vic will be able to  get to the pass rusher from the outside which is his strength.   He is better suited for  our squad then Fowler.

I did not choose Mariota because I debated him last night and all day today.  With the 6th pick in the draft loaded with edge rushers and good WR's, I could not take a player that I was struggling to convince myself to take.  Mariota is a project and I do not want to select a QB  #6 to be a project.  I think we are better off picking up an OLB and getting a project QB in the 2nd or 3rd if available.  

I thought of Cooper here as well but i think LB is a greater need than WR at this point. 

I choose Beasley because he fills a huge and can make an immediate impact on our already good defense. With the pressure form the defensive line, excellent coverage in the secondary, Vic will be able to get to the pass rusher from the outside which is his strength. He is better suited for our squad then Fowler.

I did not choose Mariota because I debated him last night and all day today. With the 6th pick in the draft loaded with edge rushers and good WR's, I could not take a player that I was struggling to convince myself to take. Mariota is a project and I do not want to select a QB #6 to be a project. I think we are better off picking up an OLB and getting a project QB in the 2nd or 3rd if available.

I thought of Cooper here as well but i think LB is a greater need than WR at this point.

I'd love the rusher on the edge. Pace if s up there in years and the other side has been patchwork guys (Barnes etc). What do you think it means for coples?

I choose Beasley because he fills a huge and can make an immediate impact on our already good defense. With the pressure form the defensive line, excellent coverage in the secondary, Vic will be able to get to the pass rusher from the outside which is his strength. He is better suited for our squad then Fowler.

I did not choose Mariota because I debated him last night and all day today. With the 6th pick in the draft loaded with edge rushers and good WR's, I could not take a player that I was struggling to convince myself to take. Mariota is a project and I do not want to select a QB #6 to be a project. I think we are better off picking up an OLB and getting a project QB in the 2nd or 3rd if available.

I feel like Beasley could have the same impact as John Abraham did his rookie year.

Though Fowler's a beast and passing on Cooper would be tough, good pick.

I choose Beasley because he fills a huge and can make an immediate impact on our already good defense.  With the pressure form the defensive line, excellent coverage in the secondary, Vic will be able to  get to the pass rusher from the outside which is his strength.   He is better suited for  our squad then Fowler.

I did not choose Mariota because I debated him last night and all day today.  With the 6th pick in the draft loaded with edge rushers and good WR's, I could not take a player that I was struggling to convince myself to take.  Mariota is a project and I do not want to select a QB  #6 to be a project.  I think we are better off picking up an OLB and getting a project QB in the 2nd or 3rd if available.  

The nice thing was is that the Jets had lots of options at that spot.  I'll be pretty happy if they have the same choices on draft day. 

I love the idea of pass rusher here -- I might have gone Fowler ahead of Beasley, but I can't really argue with the pick.  The only missing element of our defense right now is an edge rusher.  You probably can still get a good WR at the top of Round 2.  There are not likely to be any pass rushers that will make an immediate contribution in the 2nd.  Pass rushers are hard to find -- either you have to draft them or overpay in free agency.  Solid pick.

I'd love the rusher on the edge. Pace if s up there in years and the other side has been patchwork guys (Barnes etc). What do you think it means for coples?

Great point on Pace -- if we pick an edge rusher, then Pace &/or Babin becomes expendable.  Pace is about $2 mil cap savings if cut and Babin is about another $1.5 mil.  That money can come in handy down the road.

This is a very realistic pick. I have expressed in a lot of threads that I am scared of Beasley. I am afraid he is a combine freak like Gholson was. He gained a ton of weight for the combine, he benched 225 35 times but on tape he gets manhandled by linemen, ... He just worries me, and I know it's a very unpopular opinion. But it's a great pick and has a huge % chance of happening.

I like Ray more if they are both available because he was also very productive in school, he's a natural sized 3-4 pass rusher and the real tie breaker is hes a former college teammate of Sheldon. I think that could really help his transition to the pros.

Beasley, Fowler, Fowler, Beasley...Wasn't easy once I decided I wanted an edge rusher.  Last week it was Fowler for me and this week it was Vic. Really tough choice for me but a good headache to have.   

Beasley? With Cooper and Dupree on the board? Dammit...

I wrote out a post about doing this, whining that I should be the Jets because I never get to be the Jets(!!), and I guess never posted it. Instead I will mercilessly meeeeeeeeeh the Beasley pick. He'll probably be alright, but he's overrated here.

I wrote out a post about doing this, whining that I should be the Jets because I never get to be the Jets(!!), and I guess never posted it. Instead I will mercilessly meeeeeeeeeh the Beasley pick. He'll probably be alright, but he's overrated here.

I actually thought about your reaction when I made my decision because I know u are super high on Dupree. I respect your opinion and your passion for the dudes u like.

Is Dupree better or worse than Oghobaase?

If the Jets board falls the way it did for you, it'll be a real tough decision. A lot of good talent to choose from that can be impact players for us early on. It'll really show us what Mccags values in their evaluation as far as chasing upside and what positions they value in this draft. For the Jets, I think they need a guy who can be a superstar, so I can respect taking the high ceiling guy in Beasley, albeit he's a bit of a risk.

Personally, I'd take Cooper if the board fell that way, but I think with a defensive minded HC they're more likely to go OLB. Nice job.

I actually thought about your reaction when I made my decision because I know u are super high on Dupree. I respect your opinion and your passion for the dudes u like.

Thank you, still meh!

Is Dupree better or worse than Oghobaase?

Both >>>>> Leinart, if that was you.

Shane Ray is a perfect Dan Quinn--Dimitroff pick.

Agree.  If he is on the board at 8, I would be shocked if the Falcons do not grab him there.  Pretty sure that the Falcons worked him out in a private visit.

The cutoff time for clock-watching is 10 PM. Picks can still be made by the designated GM, but time constraints are paused until 10 AM tomorrow. For instance, Ghost went on the clock at 8 PM, so the four hour limit brings him to noon tomorrow.

Archived