2015 JN Mock Draft V.1 DISCUSSION Thread

T0mShane

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the 13th pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, the New Orleans Saints Select:

Dante Fowler Jr. 

Nice pick -- probably goes top 5 when the draft comes down for real.  I am sure the Saints would love to get him at 13.

I am curious as to what others think of the Gurley pick at 11.  

Without the injury history, it would be a great pick for the Vikings, but coming off of an ACL, he may not be ready to go in September.  He hasn't worked out, hasn't been examined by NFL docs yet -- I am sure that will all happen closer to the draft.  He could turn out to be a great pick, but he may have to miss part of his rookie campaign.  Personally, I think this is a little early.  Late first to a playoff team that can be patient with him I think would be ideal.

OK, so missed today... Who the fck picked scherff #1?? is this draft for real? the guy isn't even a consensus right tackle, let alone a tackle period...

Wow.

yeah...  At first, I really thought it was a troll just trying to muck up our mock.  Obviously, there would have been attempt at a trade down but this is a 'no-trade' zone,  Let's see how it goes the rest of this draft.  We can always do a 2nd one later on, closer to the real thing.

Without the injury history, it would be a great pick for the Vikings, but coming off of an ACL, he may not be ready to go in September. He hasn't worked out, hasn't been examined by NFL docs yet -- I am sure that will all happen closer to the draft. He could turn out to be a great pick, but he may have to miss part of his rookie campaign. Personally, I think this is a little early. Late first to a playoff team that can be patient with him I think would be ideal.

It'd take a pretty comfortable GM, but that has a chance to be a goldmine pick down the road.

Without the injury history, it would be a great pick for the Vikings, but coming off of an ACL, he may not be ready to go in September.  He hasn't worked out, hasn't been examined by NFL docs yet -- I am sure that will all happen closer to the draft.  He could turn out to be a great pick, but he may have to miss part of his rookie campaign.  Personally, I think this is a little early.  Late first to a playoff team that can be patient with him I think would be ideal.

Agree that he will probably  last to the bottom third of the 1st, surely the bottom half.  A little early there.  There are some very good backs later in the draft that could allow Minny to fill another need or go BPA in that spot.  A trade down, if Minny can find a willing trade partner, could allow Gurlie plus another need.  

Feel the same way about the Jets.  A trade down a few slots to collect an extra pick in round 2 or even 3 (again, a big if that they can find a willing partner) just might allow them to get an OLB, WR, RB and QB  in 4 of their first 5 picks.  That's one of the reasons I hope Mariota falls to #6.  I sure don't want a trade down to #20 though.  That's too far and all 4 of the top edge rushers, Fowler, Beasley, Gregory and Ray, will be gone gone gone.  

Without the injury history, it would be a great pick for the Vikings, but coming off of an ACL, he may not be ready to go in September. He hasn't worked out, hasn't been examined by NFL docs yet -- I am sure that will all happen closer to the draft. He could turn out to be a great pick, but he may have to miss part of his rookie campaign. Personally, I think this is a little early. Late first to a playoff team that can be patient with him I think would be ideal.

I wouldn't take a RB that high unless he's a virtual lock to be the next AP or other great RB. Gurley and his injuries are definitely worrisome. I would have taken Fowler in that situation and then hold off on taking a RB until the 3rd or 4th.

Agree that he will probably  last to the bottom third of the 1st, surely the bottom half.  A little early there.  There are some very good backs later in the draft that could allow Minny to fill another need or go BPA in that spot.  A trade down, if Minny can find a willing trade partner, could allow Gurlie plus another need.  

Feel the same way about the Jets.  A trade down a few slots to collect an extra pick in round 2 or even 3 (again, a big if that they can find a willing partner) just might allow them to get an OLB, WR, RB and QB  in 4 of their first 5 picks.  That's one of the reasons I hope Mariota falls to #6.  I sure don't want a trade down to #20 though.  That's too far and all 4 of the top edge rushers, Fowler, Beasley, Gregory and Ray, will be gone gone gone.  

If Mariota is on the board at 6 -- unless Mac and Bowles are completely sold on him as a franchise QB, I would hope we auction off the pick.  Rams, Browns, Saints could all be options where we don't have to drop all the way to 20.  We could still get one of the top pass rushers or WRs and add a couple of extra picks.

Not a huge fan of Strong in the first round but I'm not a huge fan of any of the WRs after the top 3 guys. I think everyone is overrating them. But I went with need, even with Shorts signed. Already would have rather picked Gordon, Collins or Brown. 

I thought the Texans would have been more fun to pick. Took me over an hour to deliberate. 

On the high end ceiling thing, Strong could be the next Michael Irvin. Strong's college game had a lot of similarities to Irvin's pro game at least. Not saying  it'll happen but trying to be positive about the pick. He catches everything and ran a surprisingly very fast 40 at the combine. 

Not a huge fan of Strong in the first round but I'm not a huge fan of any of the WRs after the top 3 guys. I think everyone is overrating them. But I went with need, even with Shorts signed. Already would have rather picked Gordon, Collins or Brown.

I thought the Texans would have been more fun to pick. Took me over an hour to deliberate.

I wonder how much the success and depth of last year's WR crop is affecting GMs this year.

I'm not sold on it. Huge payoff if it hits. Team just has significant needs. Hard to spend another first on a WR when it's arguably their deepest position and their QB is aging.

That's why I took him. Eli Manning is not the same QB and definitely took a step back so why not get another weapon to help him out? On top of that, Victor Cruz is coming off a very serious knee injury. I think OBJ and Cooper make a helluva duo.

I wonder how much the success and depth of last year's WR crop is affecting GMs this year.

Jeremiah calling for 7 first rounders this year got me all confused. I'm still not sure after the top 3 guys. There's a lot of really good looking #2 guys (like Strong imo) and slot guys but I don't see 7 potential All Pros. Jmo. Strong probably does have the most upside after those three though, I guess. Maybe.

That's why I took him. Eli Manning is not the same QB and definitely took a step back so why not get another weapon to help him out? On top of that, Victor Cruz is coming off a very serious knee injury. I think OBJ and Cooper make a helluva duo.

They'd be set for the next 6 years. With the doubles both of them get, you could plug and play any slot receiver and have a field day. Just hope their defense can get their offense on the field enough to flourish.

We all can identify one ex-GM who failed to recognize the depth and had no success with last year's freakishly good crop of WRs.  His name starts with an "I".  One of the primary reasons he is an ex-GM.

Cooper there is a GREAT pick for the Giants.  OBJ, Cruz and Cooper?  What a sick group of WRs and VERY young and cheap.  He was the BPA there and if I were Giants' GM and he were there, I'd do the exact same thing and look to fill other needs later on.  You just can't pass on having a relatively inexpensive WR group for many years.  Cruz being the only expensive one.  That would surely add a couple of years to Eli's NFL productive life span as well.  Great pick!

Does anybody want to do position taken page? Doing it on my phone would take forever.

Can I give it  try?  Now, I am working from 2:00 to 11:00pm tonight, so I probably won't be able to have it up until tomorrow, if that's ok.  Let me know.

I am curious as to what others think of the Gurley pick at 11

My thinking was when healthy, probably the most dynamic offensive weapon in the draft, sans-serif Cooper. If a Vikings GM I am sick of the AP drama. I ship him and his contract out the door for a 2nd in a minute. Gurley won't miss a beat

Sorry, I guess I missed our first pick together? Or did you just drop me like a hot rock? 

I'm hurt.

Sorry, I guess I missed our first pick together? Or did you just drop me like a hot rock? 

I'm hurt.

Dude, these things just move really fast and I hate feeling that I'm making other people wait on me. I thought about PM'ing you first and going through the process or hoping you were gonna PM me. Then I just said screw it bc theoretically we should have been talking 3-4 picks in advance. 

Archived