2015 JN Mock Draft V.1 DISCUSSION Thread

T0mShane

I really like Dorsett. It's a very good pick. Just pointing out that he's projected lower. I'm always thinking about what value will be around for the Jets in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th and figured he'd be an option for Mac in round 2 and possibly in rd 3. And you're right that Cleveland desperately needs some talent at WR. (And everywhere else practically).

A bunch of the talking heads have them trading up w with us to move into 6. Assuming they have to mortgage the farm to do that, could be a barren team for years to come with all those holes.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A bunch of the talking heads have them trading up w with us to move into 6. Assuming they have to mortgage the farm to do that, could be a barren team for years to come with all those holes.

Only way I can see them doing that is if they really love Mariota.  If they think they can get their franchise QB this year and they have two 1st round picks, this would be the time to be aggressive and make the move.  Other than for the QB,I would expect Cleveland to stay put at 12 & 19.

And this is why teams go off and on about 'character'.  A team like the Browns must be gnashing their teeth that they have a guy like Gordon that when playing is probably a top 5 wr in the game.  It must be frustrating as hell having guys like Gordon and Manziel on your team.  We may draft a lot of busts but at least they are busts without character issues..  :winking0001:

Only way I can see them doing that is if they really love Mariota. If they think they can get their franchise QB this year and they have two 1st round picks, this would be the time to be aggressive and make the move. Other than for the QB,I would expect Cleveland to stay put at 12 & 19.

Agreed. Can't really see them doing it. Wouldn't hate 12 and 19 for 6 though. Their 1 St next year will P probably be in the top 15 if they decide to part with that instead.

And this is why teams go off and on about 'character'. A team like the Browns must be gnashing their teeth that they have a guy like Gordon that when playing is probably a top 5 wr in the game. It must be frustrating as hell having guys like Gordon and Manziel on your team. We may draft a lot of busts but at least they are busts without character issues.. :winking0001:

#ericmanginicalled

I didnt want Dorsett that early but WRs are going and Cleveland really needs them. 

So, I get back to the draft table to see that one of the mock GM's looked at a guy generally thought of as a 3rd round talent in Phillip Dorsett and decided that he was actually a top 20 talent. 

The balls on that guy! 

So, I get back to the draft table to see that one of the mock GM's looked at a guy generally thought of as a 3rd round talent in Phillip Dorsett and decided that he was actually a top 20 talent. 

The balls on that guy!

I wanted a WR with the 19th pick but someone who doesn't know how to send a pm took the guy I was planning on taking at 18 and I like Dorsett more then Smith or Perriman so I took him.

I'm taking Amari Cooper over Collins any day of the week.

I agree and I like the Cooper pick for them.  I think one of the pass rushers could be an option at 9 for the Giants -- that was their strength when they won those two SBs.  Add a guy to go with JPP and get after opposing QBs.

Further evidence.

I'm not personally attacking or harassing anyone when I use the terms "Jesus Christ" or "Oh my God". I believe in God, I just don't believe in the God that was invented to scare ignorant rubes. Therefore, I don't believe in the man-made doctrine for how and when to say God's name. I'm not attacking you, so I'm not apologizing. You are following me around and nagging with the audacity to suggest things about me personally and my relationship with God. This isn't your business, and to continue to harass me about it is your choice, your fault, and makes it personal.

This subject shouldn't be derailing the mock draft thread, and it is at your fault.

Just put me on ignore, it'll work out better for you that way.

So you don't agree with my original point...?

I agree with taking the BPA. Cooper is better than Collins. It's not even close. I understand the Giants need some offensive line help but Amari Cooper is going to be a stud. Cooper is simply the better player.

Archived