2015 JN Mock Draft V.1 DISCUSSION Thread

T0mShane

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with taking the BPA. Cooper is better than Collins. It's not even close. I understand the Giants need some offensive line help but Amari Cooper is going to be a stud. Cooper is simply the better player.

You made the right pick.

Giants selected Beckham Jr last year when pretty much everyone else looked at OL, LB and TE.  WR was not a need.  Look how that turned out for them.

Add Cooper to the mix and you have two young studs locked up for minimal money.  If Cruz never regains form than this pick is even bigger.

Im not going to lock this thread.  Next person to bring up or hint about religion is going away for a month.   Anybody like to talk about God PM me.  One of my favorite topics.  not to be done here in this thread or any thread on this forum.  First and final warning.  

If you are anywhere close to picking, as in within 5-10 picks email TomShane with some choices before you leave the forums.  (The thing that holds up these drafts is people will be waiting for pick 20 and the guys with pick 21, 22, 23 and 24 are all waiting, then one of them gives up and leaves and the guy picking at 20 finally shows up thus another stall.) 

Have picks ready, if you are leaving the forums leave a list of a few choices.

If you are anywhere close to picking, as in within 5-10 picks email TomShane with some choices before you leave the forums.  (The thing that holds up these drafts is people will be waiting for pick 20 and the guys with pick 21, 22, 23 and 24 are all waiting, then one of them gives up and leaves and the guy picking at 20 finally shows up thus another stall.) 

Have picks ready, if you are leaving the forums leave a list of a few choices.

I'll be sharing mine with Hess, regardless of whether we're sharing teams. So if I tell him who I want for the Colts, and I'm not around to submit, he can.

Cam Erving is a one of my fav players in the draft.  May not be rated as high as he has gone here but really good and really versatile guy none the less.  Has played all oline positions at a high level.  I had hoped that he would fall to the 2nd round in the real draft so the Jets could pick him up.

Cam Erving is a one of my fav players in the draft.  May not be rated as high as he has gone here but really good and really versatile guy none the less.  Has played all oline positions at a high level.  I had hoped that he would fall to the 2nd round in the real draft so the Jets could pick him up.

I get the sense that the OL and the Secondary are two position groups that Mac doesn't want to have to draft for this year. By playing FA the way he has, he's set up BPA, but can choose to prioritize playmaking positions like OLB, WR, RB and QB.

Cam Erving is a one of my fav players in the draft. May not be rated as high as he has gone here but really good and really versatile guy none the less. Has played all oline positions at a high level. I had hoped that he would fall to the 2nd round in the real draft so the Jets could pick him up.

Agreed. Great pick. Depth and skill in one.

No tight ends taken yet. Very light on the D line too. Who is the next QB off the board?

Lousy class for tight ends.  I would have gone D-Line with Chicago and taken Danny Shelton had Mariota not dropped.  I have a feeling that come draft day in April, Petty just might be taken ahead of Hundley on the 2nd day of the draft.  Sounds like he had a great pro day yesterday and his stock is rising.

Why do you say that? He is an explosive pass rusher, great size and strength and he has more drop back expierience than most of these big beast DE's that convert to 3-4 LB.

What are you reservations?

My top 10'prospect that I hope we avoid is Beasley. I have a gut feeling this guy is a bust.

I was referring to Hundley, Scherff's dad.

Sorry I dropped the ball there. Really surprised Dom missed his pick. We're moving at a good clip otherwise.

Haha.  Serves you right!  I told you I was in an arb.  I actually checked my phone, but never saw any PMs.  I didn't know having a full box was a thing.  I don't think I have ever deleted anything.  Not the pick I would have made, but maybe I will get him in the 2nd.

The Cardinals selected- Jalen Collins - CB - LSU.

Nice pick and a great spot to be in wit PP on the other side.

Thanks! Big, athletic, physical corner. Lost Cro. Had some issues vs the pass. Trying to go all LSU secondary. Haha

Thought it was value and need based.

Was targeting Malcom Brown. So when he was selected it was between Collins and Arik Armstead. Armstead is a monster but he's a little stiff and I'm worried about him getting off blocks.

Archived