Brooks Bollinger > Geno Smith

jgb

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A fan base that does nothing but bash its players. Blue chip QBs are far and few between in the NFL maybe with the proper coaching and an offensive coordinator who designs plays around his strengths Geno Smith can be a successful QB here. A viable running game WRs who run complete routes and battle for the ball and YAC I'm excited to see what Geno Smith does this season. 

A fan base that does nothing but bash its players. Blue chip QBs are far and few between in the NFL maybe with the proper coaching and an offensive coordinator who designs plays around his strengths Geno Smith can be a successful QB here. A viable running game WRs who run complete routes and battle for the ball and YAC I'm excited to see what Geno Smith does this season.

Have to say that I agree with u. I am looking forward to seeing if Geno can improve under these circumstances. I remember watching Eli struggle badly with the west coast system for half of last season. Eli is no Brady but if he struggled grasping it then imagine Geno doing it..and he had less weapons. He has a better supporting cast, better defense to take the pressure off him and the system is similar to his VA days.

Not sure what the point of this is. Both guys suck. Geno sucks but right now given the current situation the best case scenario is Geno turns it around and becomes solid. We as a fan base should all hope and pray this happens. Gailey tends to do wonders with nothing, let's see if this will be another example of that.

Not sure what the point of this is. Both guys suck. Geno sucks but right now given the current situation the best case scenario is Geno turns it around and becomes solid. We as a fan base should all hope and pray this happens. Gailey tends to do wonders with nothing, let's see if this will be another example of that.

No; too many fans want to be "right" so they don't want Geno to improve and actually become a good quarterback.  They can't even allow themselves the possibility no matter how remote, that Gailey can turn his career around.  It doesn't fit their "worldview". 

"Does nothing but bash its players." Gross oversimplification.

We also bash the HC, GM, Owner, J-E-T-S chant leader, concessions guy, parking attendant, etc.

No; too many fans want to be "right" so they don't want Geno to improve and actually become a good quarterback.  They can't even allow themselves the possibility no matter how remote, that Gailey can turn his career around.  It doesn't fit their "worldview". 

I don't know any fans like that. Maybe Tom Shane. But Geno is horrible. If you love the Jets you should hate Geno.

More like delusional case scenario.

Getting dumber by the day.

Geno sucks, will always suck and won't olay a snap this year unless other QBs get hurt.

Exhibit A....

Not sure why such a foreign concept for homers but if you "bash" players who prevent the Jets from winning it is actually indicative of greater fandom than worshiping any bum in uniform. If geno starts playing well then I will support him. He keeps costing jets games then damn straight I will continue to vilify.

I liked Geno as a talent simply when he was on the field.  However what he acts like off the field and in interviews is not the way a leader should act.  For that reason alone, I would much rather see Fitzpatrick start this year.  Usually, those off the field remarks/leadership qualities improve over time with younger guys but I really don't see Geno improving in that regard at all.  

This instagram post he made was really unacceptable in the fact that he's getting paid millions to do a job yet he states something else is more important than that job.  

post-28451-0-59373200-1426972848_thumb.p

To be fair, a highly drafted QB deserves more than 2 seasons before thrown to the curb, alot of Giant fans had given up on Eli after year 2 also

Not sure why such a foreign concept for homers but if you "bash" players who prevent the Jets from winning it is actually indicative of greater fandom than worshiping any bum in uniform. If geno starts playing well then I will support him. He keeps costing jets games then damn straight I will continue to vilify.

Your quote was if you love the Jets you should hate Geno; thats just stupid, sorry.  

I don't know why it is necessary to label someone with a different point of view than you have.  I am a homer because I hope the guy can get better? If he doesn't improve he will be gone but I don't see the point in rooting against the guy to succeed.   You bashing the guy has nothing to do with how much of a fan you are.  Just shows how impatient you are.  The guy is going into his 3rd year and now has a offensive coordinator known for helping qbs excel.   Am I a homer for hoping he can help Smith take the next step as a qb?  Even if it means backing up Fitz and learning from the sidelines and getting better that way, in the end that only works in our favor.   Sorry if I want our new coaching staff to get more out of a recent 2nd round pick than just cut him because he was force fed the job and struggled.  

If he shows no significant improvement, he will be gone.  I trust Bowles and Co. will make the right decision regarding him. 

Archived