Rex Ryan throws the Jets under the bus with bomshell SI article.

Jetsbb

There probably never will be another Marv Levy. I know that Russ Brandon (Pres), Doug Whaley (GM) and the Pegulas (owners) were all high on Rex. I have confidence in their ability to choose a good coach. In addition, maybe Rex has learned from his mistakes. For now we (Buffalo fans, etc) are excited, optimistic and look forward to the play offs this season.

You have an excellent chance at the playoffs this season. You were 9-7 last yr. Come back in 2 yrs after Club Rex has been open and watch whatever discipline & accountability Marrone & his staff instilled evaporate. Enjoy the pre-snap penalties & lack of timeouts at the end of the half / game.

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've read a lot of articles where Rex talked about the Jets.  This was the first one (I've seen) where Rex had anything negative to say about the Jets.  I think Amaro's comment, that may or may not have been true,   really ticked him off.  The bottom line is that the Jets are glad he's gone and we here in Buffalo are thrilled Rex is with us.  

what did you make of the snow game last year ?  rex had 2 weeks to get ready and the bills had 2 days

were you impressed with his preparation ?

Missed this thread today. Anyone make any good pro-Rex hot takes?

Ignore track record, wait to see what happens on derp field.

When was the last time a coach quit?

Why would he quit with a guarenteed 3+ million salary?  

Doug Marrone, a couple months ago. 

Ironically.

You guys say that stuff like it is some kind of hypocrisy.  That is what Rex is.  He is insecure.  He does rant and act like everybody is against him.  I didn't say he was a well adjusted, great guy.  He does what he does and you guys get all upset.  Big ******* shock.  Worse than that, you act like people like him because of that.  Some probably do.  I like him because his Dad had ties to the Jets and I believe that he puts a great defensive game plan together.  How many guys here complaining about this blowhard will be all excited if Bowles calls him out and wins?  It's the same sh*t  There isn't much new.

I don't get upset.

To me, this is like pour gasoline on a bonfire. The later it gets in the night, the more fun it becomes.

I don't even know how to respond to the odd logic you're laying out in bold.

If Bowles calls him out and wins, then it would be the polar opposite of the same sh*t. Rex called out the league, and then lost more than he won. In particular against the one team he called out the most.

If Bowles calls out anyone and then backs it up with a win, it would be a nice change of pace. I don't antipate Bowles need the call-out part. He seems very comfortable with his station both professionally and personally.

My question - are there any other coaches out there (except Rob Ryan) that behave the way Rex does?  Talks about other players.  Guarantees wins.  Boasts about their coaching abilities.  Any others?  And do they have the recent coaching resume of Rex (see below)

I took a look and over the last four years of Rex's tenure (64 games) here are the facts:

• 64 games played
  • Lost 13 of them by 20 or more points (20%).  We got blown out 1 of every 5 games played.
  • Won 2 games in a row - 5x over 4 seasons (didn't do it in 2014, won the last two in 2013)
  • Won 3 games in a row - 1x over 4 seasons
  • Lost 3 games in a row - 7x

I am not a fan of people in any walk of life that say one thing when the reality is another.  They have no credibility with me.  Put Rex in that boat.  Like him, dislike him...I don't care.  The facts are the facts.  He was the head coach, no one else was.  His record overall is below .500 and his last four years were terrible (he won 40% of the time, an average of 6.5 wins a season).  He can talk all he wants.  To me it's actually a big joke.  Many of his comments embarrassed me as a Jets fan over the years.  I've had to defend my team time and time again because of his actions (toes, tatoos, guarantees, books, etc.).  I'm just sick of him.

Someone has to explain to me how a Bills fan can be jacked up about Rex coming to town when the Bills beat us 2x by a combined score of 81-26, he just went 4-12 and he brought over all his coaches.  

Get him as far away from our franchise as possible...

Great post.

You should be excited.

Rex is an good HC, the key to his success however lays with his assistants!!

The truth is the Jets were never a super talented team in 2009 or 2010.  Rex in that first year as HC did as good a job with that team as any team in the last ten years in the NFL, he was masterful!!

So I for one can never take that away from.

When Rex staff got weaker he just wasn't as effective, period those are the facts.

In the end the wheels fell off for Rex the last four years and it was time to move on, no harm no foul.  Was it all his fault? No.  But we all get blamed for and are responsible for things we have no control over and at the same time we get credit for things that happen that we are often tangentially responsible for, its called life.   

Rex talks big and it sounds good when you are winning or upsetting teams on the field of play but IMO you sound incredibly silly when you are getting your teeth kicked in like the Jets have been for those same last four years.

I wish the Bills, Rex and the City of Buffalo great success except when they play the Jets :)

Thank you Charlie.  This is the best post I've read since I joined this forum.  I enjoy honest opinions that are also not offensive or bashing.  I also wish the Jets the best of luch except when they play the bills :)  and remember the Jets and Bills have to take 4 games against the Patriots this year.

I don't get upset.

To me, this is like pour gasoline on a bonfire. The later it gets in the night, the more fun it becomes.

I don't even know how to respond to the odd logic you're laying out in bold.

If Bowles calls him out and wins, then it would be the polar opposite of the same sh*t. Rex called out the league, and then lost more than he won. In particular against the one team he called out the most.

If Bowles calls out anyone and then backs it up with a win, it would be a nice change of pace. I don't antipate Bowles need the call-out part. He seems very comfortable with his station both professionally and personally.

What is odd about the logic?  I have heard it here and heard it from you.  Rex is a big mouthed buffoon and that is why the great unwashed (Buffalo) like him.  Then I have to read hundreds of posts here because he said some mild thing that it is decided that some douchebag old guard guy from the coaching Mount Rushmore would never allow.  People act like everybody likes him when I would say more people hate him for stupid reasons than like him.   

this reminds me of some young guy getting his heart broken by some girl for the first time. Rather than moving on and living your life, poor Rex just can't let his love of the Jets go :rl:

I think this is hilarious. He looks like a uh buffoon and a jackass. Just like when he was coaching the Jets :)

The only time Rex mentions the Jets is when he is asked about your team.   I think he's definitely moved on.  He's happy here, made a lot of friends.  Everyday,  I see a picture of Rex and another Bills fan that meets Rex and wants a picture.  He is most friendly to everyone he meets here too.

The only time Rex mentions the Jets is when he is asked about your team.   I think he's definitely moved on.  He's happy here, made a lot of friends.  Everyday,  I see a picture of Rex and another Bills fan that meets Rex and wants a picture.  He is most friendly to everyone he meets here too.

The poster you responded to BP has always hated Rex who is a nice guy.. His idol was the Tuna who was a real dick..LOL 

The Bills coach this year..

Rumors had it that he thought he was going to be the next Jets Coach.  This would have given him 3Mil from Buffalo and a salary from the Jets.    It didn't work out that way but he's still double dipping this year.  

What is odd about the logic? I have heard it here and heard it from you. Rex is a big mouthed buffoon and that is why the great unwashed (Buffalo) like him. Then I have to read hundreds of posts here because he said some mild thing that it is decided that some douchebag old guard guy from the coaching Mount Rushmore would never allow. People act like everybody likes him when I would say more people hate him for stupid reasons than like him.

Rex sucks.

What is odd about the logic?  I have heard it here and heard it from you.  Rex is a big mouthed buffoon and that is why the great unwashed (Buffalo) like him.  Then I have to read hundreds of posts here because he said some mild thing that it is decided that some douchebag old guard guy from the coaching Mount Rushmore would never allow.  People act like everybody likes him when I would say more people hate him for stupid reasons than like him.   

You can't say "Worse than that, you act like some people like him because of that." as though we're wrong and it's a false premise, and then immediately say "Some people probably do." which completely contradicts what you implied with the prior sentence. Calling it odd logic was a polite way of saying "that was stupid".

You don't have to read anything.

More people used to like him than not. What's wrong with crowing about it now? He's a rival coach in the division. He played a huge role in ******* up the past 4 years (at least). He's talking about the Jets. There's literally no other news about the Jets right now because it's April.

If you really don't like reading about Rex, then click on one of the several "what would you do with the 6th pick" threads, or maybe one of the "okay you guys, i've decided who i want us to take" threads. Those are super compelling.

You can't say "Worse than that, you act like some people like him because of that." as though we're wrong and it's a false premise, and then immediately say "Some people probably do." which completely contradicts what you implied with the prior sentence. Calling it odd logic was a polite way of saying "that was stupid".

You don't have to read anything.

More people used to like him than not. What's wrong with crowing about it now? He's a rival coach in the division. He played a huge role in ******* up the past 4 years (at least). He's talking about the Jets. There's literally no other news about the Jets right now because it's April.

If you really don't like reading about Rex, then click on one of the several "what would you do with the 6th pick" threads, or maybe one of the "okay you guys, i've decided who i want us to take" threads. Those are super compelling.

I don't mind reading about Rex.  I am just disappointed that T0m's "Rex sucks" is one of the more well reasoned things to take away from the thread.  Rex is a big mouth.  That does not change the score of the games, no matter what bullitenboards it goes up on.  Rex says stupid sh*t, that is not why he is a bad head coach or why he deserved to be fired.  Enjoy your crowing.

Well we think Rex is a nice guy so to me,  that is a fact   

Merriam-Webster says it's an opinion. 

Rex is the head coach of the Buffalo Bills. That is a fact. 

Rex lost more games than he won. That is a fact.

Rex threatened fans at a UFC event because he was intoxicated. That is a fact.

Rex broke his neighbors jaw in Baltimore. That is a fact. (LOL, I never even heard this story before.)

Rex is a nice guy. That is an opinion. A very under-informed opinion.

I don't mind reading about Rex.  I am just disappointed that T0m's "Rex sucks" is one of the more well reasoned things to take away from the thread.  Rex is a big mouth.  That does not change the score of the games, no matter what bullitenboards it goes up on.  Rex says stupid sh*t, that is not why he is a bad head coach or why he deserved to be fired.  Enjoy your crowing.

I've put equal effort into arguing why Rex is a bad coach as I have into arguing that he's an insecure doosh.

The reality, in my opinion, is that part of why he is a bad coach IS because he's an insecure doosh. He's not a good head coach, that has been beaten to death... he's not going to ever become a good head coach, nor do I root for him to become one, because he's a 14 year old ugly girl trapped in a flabby old man's body.

Merriam-Webster says it's an opinion. 

Rex is the head coach of the Buffalo Bills. That is a fact. 

Rex lost more games than he won. That is a fact.

Rex threatened fans at a UFC event because he was intoxicated. That is a fact.

Rex broke his neighbors jaw in Baltimore. That is a fact. (LOL, I never even heard this story before.)

Rex is a nice guy. That is an opinion. A very under-informed opinion.

No,  it's a fact that we (Bills fans) think he's a nice guy.  

You are an obsession, you're my obsession...

Member name Posts

jeaniec 47

Integrity28 32

T0mShane 24

jetsrebirth 19

Savage69 15

http://youtu.be/hIs5StN8J-0

God forbid the Bills win a game this year, you and Glenn will fill a thread with your versions of The Odyssey.

God forbid the Bills win a game this year, you and Glenn will fill a thread with your versions of The Odyssey.

Yeah but, seriously, no.

I like Rex. I want to win a contest where I get to be his best friend for a week. Knocking back beers from the keggerator in his garage before going upstairs and licking his wife's toes while he watches. Man, that would be great.

I can't root for him in the division. I hope his haters are closer to correct about him than logically possible. Particularly the amateur psychobabble. But I want the offense there to be stagnant, and the defense to be unable to get a takeaway. That'll work for me.

You are an obsession, you're my obsession...

Member name Posts

jeaniec 47

Integrity28 32

T0mShane 24

jetsrebirth 19

Savage69 15

http://youtu.be/hIs5StN8J-0

We're not allowed to break Bills trolls chops now?

Yeah but, seriously, no.

I like Rex. I want to win a contest where I get to be his best friend for a week. Knocking back beers from the keggerator in his garage before going upstairs and licking his wife's toes while he watches. Man, that would be great.

I can't root for him in the division. I hope his haters are closer to correct about him than logically possible. Particularly the amateur psychobabble. But I want the offense there to be stagnant, and the defense to be unable to get a takeaway. That'll work for me.

L

M

F

A

O

giphy.gif

We're not allowed to break Bills trolls chops now?

Jeanie's a Bills fan, but I haven't witnessed much (if any) trolling from her. She seems like a good sport, volleying attacks at her and her new head coach rather pleasantly.

Archived