Rex Ryan throws the Jets under the bus with bomshell SI article.

Jetsbb

idzik being bad at his job does not make Rex good at his job. 

where did I say I thought Rex did a good job? He didn't do as bad a job as some here like to pretend, but that doesn't mean he was good

That said, that roster was as much if not more on Rex than it was Idzik. 

That is the crux of our disagreement cause I think it's complete baloney

There is no way that Rex wanted to go into the season with poo at CB. And Rex was never a Geno guy, just look at the difference between how Geno was talked about / treated and Sanchez.

The 2 biggest reasons for our failures last year were QB and CB.. that's all idzik

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think? 

A topic you know about?

Mike Glennon is our former head coach?

Glennon is old news driven by a poster or 2.  Isnt even on the same page and he's someone that there are talks of joining the team.  Rex is still almost every Jets fans favorite topic.  Its sad and pathetic.  And this is coming from someone who loved him.

On April 6, Jets tight end Jace Amaro reflected on his rookie season and told Sirius XM NFL Radio that Ryan’s 2014 team lacked accountability. To which Ryan says, “He’s full of s—, and I’ll remind him of that when we play him. Look, we weren’t perfect, and I never said we were going to be perfect. But that’s a f—— b.s. comment. But, hey, he’s happy that he’s got a different coach in place. We’ll see how happy he is when I play against him.”

This is the biggest problem I have with the entire article: you don't f*cking play in the game Rex, like, at all. 

This is the biggest problem I have with the entire article: you don't f*cking play in the game Rex, like, at all. 

Eh.  I understand not wanting him to think that way, but he always had the us against the world mentality.  I think he identifies with the team - he is the face, he takes it personal, etc.  He generally doesn't throw players under the bus when things go wrong or call his own guys out, so he isn't going to say - "Hey Brick, wait until Super Mario gets his hands on you!"  I think when he says I, he means like "I,am the Buffalo Bills"  Not my favorite way to do things, but I am always surprised that it bothers people so much when they could live with Mangini's stupidity

Rex can whine about Idzik and the regime all he wants. The only reason Idzik was around is because he was on a very short list of people willing to take the job with Rex forced on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this the Tom Gamble defense? Tom Gamble only passed on the job because of Rex.  Then he couldn't get hired by any of the other 9 teams looking for GMs and had to take a lesser job with the Eagles?  Then he got canned from Philly.  I admit the Rex thing may have been problematic, but who were the other candidates?  I honestly can't remember.  Gamble really took a tumble since he was the frontrunner.

Because people dislike loudmouth idiots more than quiet ones?

Yeah, I guess.  The thing that bothers me is that people keep acting like they believe everything he says.  We know what he does and how he acts, yet they act surprised and shocked.  It's a bit.  I actually appreciate it more than sh*t like Mangini and Coughlin because at least he is true to himself - if nobody else. Mangini is just a toady and I could not imagine listening to that rah rah bullsh*t he pulls.  Rex has a certain credibility - far from total, but at least on the defense side he brings something. Mangini brought nothing but a poor Belichik impersonation. 

Not my favorite way to do things, but I am always surprised that it bothers people so much when they could live with Mangini's stupidity

I can't speak for others, but I hated Mangini just as much.

I hate incompetence.

I hate.

Hate.

MMmmmmmmm.... yes. 

Yeah, I guess.  The thing that bothers me is that people keep acting like they believe everything he says.  We know what he does and how he acts, yet they act surprised and shocked.  It's a bit.  I actually appreciate it more than sh*t like Mangini and Coughlin because at least he is true to himself - if nobody else. Mangini is just a toady and I could not imagine listening to that rah rah bullsh*t he pulls.  Rex has a certain credibility - far from total, but at least on the defense side he brings something. Mangini brought nothing but a poor Belichik impersonation. 

I don't think anyone in this thread is surprised or shocked. It's typical. Much like everything Belichick does. It's just fun discussing how big of a douchebag he is.

I actually appreciate it more than sh*t like Mangini and Coughlin because at least he is true to himself - if nobody else.

I don't see his behavior as being "true to himself".

I think that's the enabler's mentality of "I can't stop myself from being a petty, insecure a$$hole, so I'm just going to arrogantly insist that I'm being true to myself to justify it". 

It's like white trash that exclaims "redneck!" when they do or say white trash things. It's become common in our country to just embrace your moral or social flaws, and then justify them with emboldened declarations of how "proud" you are to be whatever it is. 

It's not wonder most of this country is on meds.

My question - are there any other coaches out there (except Rob Ryan) that behave the way Rex does?  Talks about other players.  Guarantees wins.  Boasts about their coaching abilities.  Any others?  And do they have the recent coaching resume of Rex (see below)

I took a look and over the last four years of Rex's tenure (64 games) here are the facts:

• 64 games played
  • Lost 13 of them by 20 or more points (20%).  We got blown out 1 of every 5 games played.
  • Won 2 games in a row - 5x over 4 seasons (didn't do it in 2014, won the last two in 2013)
  • Won 3 games in a row - 1x over 4 seasons
  • Lost 3 games in a row - 7x

I am not a fan of people in any walk of life that say one thing when the reality is another.  They have no credibility with me.  Put Rex in that boat.  Like him, dislike him...I don't care.  The facts are the facts.  He was the head coach, no one else was.  His record overall is below .500 and his last four years were terrible (he won 40% of the time, an average of 6.5 wins a season).  He can talk all he wants.  To me it's actually a big joke.  Many of his comments embarrassed me as a Jets fan over the years.  I've had to defend my team time and time again because of his actions (toes, tatoos, guarantees, books, etc.).  I'm just sick of him.

Someone has to explain to me how a Bills fan can be jacked up about Rex coming to town when the Bills beat us 2x by a combined score of 81-26, he just went 4-12 and he brought over all his coaches.  

Get him as far away from our franchise as possible...

Rex can whine about Idzik and the regime all he wants. The only reason Idzik was around is because he was on a very short list of people willing to take the job with Rex forced on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's on the owner, not on Rex.

Moreso than "slapdick a snack" and "can't wait" I would think.

Honestly, Amaro seems like he's in that Gronk IQ range, and he trolled the sh*t out of the most easily trolled head coach in the NFL. Good for Amaro... how horribly pathetic of Rex, more blabber about the Jets than the Bills, after all that posturing about how long he's been a Bills fan and whatnot.

I'm getting warm here... I'm telling you, magnum opus, it may just happen in this thread... 

Hey I'm glad the kid spoke up and won't take any sh*t from Rex. Lets play baby.

It's football and we have a coach that likes to talk the football and locker room jargon.  No big deal for us here in Buffalo

I am huge fan of MARV LEAVY and those Bills teams.  I learned to really love the NFL when I was in Buffalo during those Championship efforts, they taught me a lot and trust me Rex is NO MARV LEVY!!!!

All Marv did was have his team prepared week in and week out and consistently said (as I now say to my friends and clients) "where else would you rather be than right here right now!"  Locker room jargon not needed :winking0001:  

Is this the Tom Gamble defense? Tom Gamble only passed on the job because of Rex.  Then he couldn't get hired by any of the other 9 teams looking for GMs and had to take a lesser job with the Eagles?  Then he got canned from Philly.  I admit the Rex thing may have been problematic, but who were the other candidates?  I honestly can't remember.  Gamble really took a tumble since he was the frontrunner.

Tom Gamble didn't pass on the job.  He wanted the job, but Woody didn't like him.

I am huge fan of MARV LEAVY and those Bills teams.  I learned to really love the NFL when I was in Buffalo during those Championship efforts, they taught me a lot and trust me Rex is NO MARV LEVY!!!!

All Marv did was have his team prepared week in and week out and consistently said (as I now say to my friends and clients) "where else would you rather be than right here right now!"  Locker room jargon not needed :winking0001:  

And your also a huge Fan of Hermie the Horrible.. :animal0029:  Levy was a very good Coach even though his team lost 4 Bowls in a row..

Rex is not true to himself at all, not in the least.  He puts on a big act because he is insecure as hell.

I don't see his behavior as being "true to himself".

I think that's the enabler's mentality of "I can't stop myself from being a petty, insecure a$$hole, so I'm just going to arrogantly insist that I'm being true to myself to justify it". 

It's like white trash that exclaims "redneck!" when they do or say white trash things. It's become common in our country to just embrace your moral or social flaws, and then justify them with emboldened declarations of how "proud" you are to be whatever it is. 

It's not wonder most of this country is on meds.

You guys say that stuff like it is some kind of hypocrisy.  That is what Rex is.  He is insecure.  He does rant and act like everybody is against him.  I didn't say he was a well adjusted, great guy.  He does what he does and you guys get all upset.  Big ******* shock.  Worse than that, you act like people like him because of that.  Some probably do.  I like him because his Dad had ties to the Jets and I believe that he puts a great defensive game plan together.  How many guys here complaining about this blowhard will be all excited if Bowles calls him out and wins?  It's the same sh*t  There isn't much new.

Tom Gamble didn't pass on the job.  He wanted the job, but Woody didn't like him.

You know that and I know that, but there is a guy around here that swears that the only thing that kept Gamble from taking the job was Rex.  Worse than that, he still thinks Gamble is a slam dunk candidate.

My question - are there any other coaches out there (except Rob Ryan) that behave the way Rex does?  Talks about other players.  Guarantees wins.  Boasts about their coaching abilities.  Any others?  And do they have the recent coaching resume of Rex (see below)

I took a look and over the last four years of Rex's tenure (64 games) here are the facts:

• 64 games played
  • Lost 13 of them by 20 or more points (20%).  We got blown out 1 of every 5 games played.
  • Won 2 games in a row - 5x over 4 seasons (didn't do it in 2014, won the last two in 2013)
  • Won 3 games in a row - 1x over 4 seasons
  • Lost 3 games in a row - 7x

I am not a fan of people in any walk of life that say one thing when the reality is another.  They have no credibility with me.  Put Rex in that boat.  Like him, dislike him...I don't care.  The facts are the facts.  He was the head coach, no one else was.  His record overall is below .500 and his last four years were terrible (he won 40% of the time, an average of 6.5 wins a season).  He can talk all he wants.  To me it's actually a big joke.  Many of his comments embarrassed me as a Jets fan over the years.  I've had to defend my team time and time again because of his actions (toes, tatoos, guarantees, books, etc.).  I'm just sick of him.

Someone has to explain to me how a Bills fan can be jacked up about Rex coming to town when the Bills beat us 2x by a combined score of 81-26, he just went 4-12 and he brought over all his coaches.  

Get him as far away from our franchise as possible...

I liked Rex and I agree with what is written here.....

This is awful, worst than Herm!!!

There probably never will be another Marv Levy.    I know that Russ Brandon (Pres), Doug Whaley (GM) and the Pegulas (owners) were all high on Rex.  I have confidence in their ability to choose a good coach.  In addition,  maybe Rex has learned from his mistakes.    For now  we  (Buffalo fans, etc)  are excited, optimistic and look forward to the play offs this season.   

And your also a huge Fan of Hermie the Horrible.. :animal0029:  Levy was a very good Coach even though his team lost 4 Bowls in a row..

I was a fan of Herm.  I do not deny it.... :sign0103:  and will take Marv Levy at 100 years of age over Rex and I am not ashamed to say it!!! :character0069:

No, the Bills didn't win it all but I have never seen a franchise carry itself with more dignity and grace even while losing and representing their fans than those teams...

Yes I am a Jets fan but I will never forget the great times I had watching and learning about a great franchise up close and personal!

There probably never will be another Marv Levy.    I know that Russ Brandon (Pres), Doug Whaley (GM) and the Pegulas (owners) were all high on Rex.  I have confidence in their ability to choose a good coach.  In addition,  maybe Rex has learned from his mistakes.    For now  we  (Buffalo fans, etc)  are excited, optimistic and look forward to the play offs this season.   

You should be excited.

Rex is an good HC, the key to his success however lays with his assistants!!

The truth is the Jets were never a super talented team in 2009 or 2010.  Rex in that first year as HC did as good a job with that team as any team in the last ten years in the NFL, he was masterful!!

So I for one can never take that away from.

When Rex staff got weaker he just wasn't as effective, period those are the facts.

In the end the wheels fell off for Rex the last four years and it was time to move on, no harm no foul.  Was it all his fault? No.  But we all get blamed for and are responsible for things we have no control over and at the same time we get credit for things that happen that we are often tangentially responsible for, its called life.   

Rex talks big and it sounds good when you are winning or upsetting teams on the field of play but IMO you sound incredibly silly when you are getting your teeth kicked in like the Jets have been for those same last four years.

I wish the Bills, Rex and the City of Buffalo great success except when they play the Jets :)

this reminds me of some young guy getting his heart broken by some girl for the first time. Rather than moving on and living your life, poor Rex just can't let his love of the Jets go :rl:

I think this is hilarious. He looks like a uh buffoon and a jackass. Just like when he was coaching the Jets :)

If by excited you mean several days of vigorous masturbation, then yes, I would be excited.

So, you plan to cut back?

this reminds me of some young guy getting his heart broken by some girl for the first time. Rather than moving on and living your life, poor Rex just can't let his love of the Jets go :rl:

I think this is hilarious. He looks like a uh buffoon and a jackass. Just like when he was coaching the Jets :)

Nice analogy, but I think you may be confused about which is the girl and which the heartbroken young guy.

Archived