Jameis Winston sued over 2012 sexual assault allegation

32EBoozer

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Former Florida State star quarterback Jameis Winston has been sued over a December 2012 sexual assault allegation, Matt Baker of the Tampa Bay TImes reports.

Erica Kinsman filed a lawsuit Thursday in the Circuit Court of the Ninth Judicial District over claims of sexual battery, assault, false imprisonment and "intentional infliction of emotional distress arising out of forcible rape."

Kinsman's attorney, John Clune, released the following statement:

"Today, a very brave young woman filed her lawsuit against Jameis Winston for the sexual battery that she reported to police in December 2012. Over the past two years, this survivor of sexual violence has had to endure a delinquent police investigation, a hostile FSU athletic department, and Mr. Winston's bullying lawyer. But the more these forces sought to silence her, the more determined she has become to step forward and hold Jameis Winston accountable for his actions. With the support of her family, she is prepared for this fight and for the counterclaims and the smear campaigns that will surely follow.

"We know that quite often the public is quick to support the cause against sexual violence but at times can be slow to support the individual women who come forward. We hope that this case becomes a model for understanding what real sexual assault cases look like as well as the barriers that survivors face in coming forward. Perhaps more than anything, Erica hopes to show other survivors the strength and empowerment that can come from refusing to stay silent no matter what forces are against you.

"Jameis Winston in contrast has proven time and time again to be an entitled athlete who believes he can take what he wants. He took something here that he was not entitled to and he hurt someone. There are consequences for that behavior and since others have refused to hold him accountable, our client will."

I'm with these guys lol if Winston falls to 6 I'm all over it if I'm Mac. Let's get ourselves that franchise QB we've been needing forever!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I'd assume TB expected something like this, but if the Jets were looking to trade up for Winston, I could see this effecting the overall compensation.

TB would not expect to get an RGIII type bounty. They may be OK with less to avoid making the pick. OR... maybe they actually go Marriota.

if this woman was out for a pay day don't you think she would have waited for him to get his number 1 pick over all contract ? There are some college and pro athletes who think they are above the law and with all the domestic violence we have seen in pro sports alone its very alarming. Are some out for money ? Im sure there are but lets wait until a verdict before we point fingers no matter which way it goes. Winston reminds me of a punk who will get his payday from the NFL and move on I can't for the life of me see what anyone see's in him

Thank you.

This sites inability to sympathize with the women amazes me.

Yes, the suit was filed for maximum impact but doesn't seem like a money grab. Seems like an upset, rape victim looking to inflict maximum damage on her attacker.

I say good for her. I wouldn't want him on the Jets.

Thank you.

Yes, the suit was filed for maximum impact but doesn't seem like a money grab. Seems like an upset, rape victim looking to inflict maximum damage on her attacker.

She's changed her story over a dozen times. Winston was never indicted on any charges...innocent until proven guilty. 

Thank you.

It's a money grab dude. lol. Read the facts of the story. He did not rape her.

Thank you.

Word.

The duplicitous view of JN is amazing.  There is a thread where most of JN rips the Patriots over drafting Hernandez.  Then we have this thread where people are cool with drafting him if he falls to them.

If you can read that USA Today story and not have serious doubts, then you are a f'd in the head fan boy.

Word.

The duplicitous view of JN is amazing. There is a thread where most of JN rips the Patriots over drafting Hernandez. Then we have this thread where people are cool with drafting him if he falls to them.

If you can read that USA Today story and not have serious doubts, then you are a f'd in the head fan boy.

How is there any possible connection between us wanting a guy who was cleared to you guys cheering on the return of a serial killer

Thank you.

You're easily mislead. The lawsuit is private, non criminal and less of a burden to prove. she's just trying to get set up now so that when he gets paid she can continue making noise until he settles.

This is a college kid who met a chick at a bar. She wasn't even intoxicated as tests proved that night. Took her to his dorm. She blew him and rode him like a cowboy. He took her to her dorm on his scooter. Then she had a change of heart. Even her friends statement corroborate the events.

Forgive me if I don't beleive any of these rape allegations anymore, or at least take them with a Rock of Gibraltar size grain of salt. This false narrative of girls getting raped at all hours of the day every day at college campuses needs to end immediately. Maybe when false accusers and 'victim advocates' start getting a year or 2 in jail for false allegations and ruining people's lives things will change.

I can't stand Winston, but he didn't rape the first girl to begin with. Neither did Kobe, or the Duke Lacrosse players, or the UVA frat boys. This is an epidemic.

Yeah, you're not forgiven for this bullsh*t view on things.  But, that's ok.  This is a football forum.

Forgive me if I don't beleive any of these rape allegations anymore, or at least take them with a Rock of Gibraltar size grain of salt. This false narrative of girls getting raped at all hours of the day every day at college campuses needs to end immediately. Maybe when false accusers and 'victim advocates' start getting a year or 2 in jail for false allegations and ruining people's lives things will change.

I can't stand Winston, but he didn't rape the first girl to begin with. Neither did Kobe, or the Duke Lacrosse players, or the UVA frat boys. This is an epidemic.

And Aaron Hernandez is innocent. And you forgot about Mike Tyson, he was railroaded.

Holy could you pick a worse subject to stand up and take the wrong side on?

Gold diggers =/= women across college campuses lying about rape. You're a fool

?

Rolling Stone did a big story on Campus Rape that was totally bogus.. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/04/05/rolling-stone-rape-author-apology/25328225/  Anytime a story like this one about Winston surfaces years later when he's about to be drafted smells of "Show me the money".. Now if the girl in question said I want no money just justice she would to me be more believable..

Rolling Stone did a big story on Campus Rape that was totally bogus.. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/04/05/rolling-stone-rape-author-apology/25328225/ Anytime a story like this one about Winston surfaces years later when he's about to be drafted smells of "Show me the money".. Now if the girl in question said I want no money just justice she would to me be more believable..

At what point in my comment did I say that she wasn't probably a gold digger? I said that it's completely insane to say that all women in colleges everywhere are faking their rape reports.

At what point in my comment did I say that she wasn't probably a gold digger? I said that it's completely insane to say that all women in colleges everywhere are faking their rape reports.

I agree it is but some girls get drunk and put themselves in bad situations..It helps if they would use some common sense sometimes.. That is if they had any to start with.. :winking0001:

She wasn't even drunk.

And this was 2 years ago?? And now she's coming forward right before the draft?? Remember the beauty contestant that Tyson got jail time for raping?? She was sober but went to his hotel room did she think he just wanted to show her some fight film highlights??

Rolling Stone did a big story on Campus Rape that was totally bogus.. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/04/05/rolling-stone-rape-author-apology/25328225/  Anytime a story like this one about Winston surfaces years later when he's about to be drafted smells of "Show me the money".. Now if the girl in question said I want no money just justice she would to me be more believable..

Civil lawsuits are all about money.

Why didn't she wait until after he was drafted with a large signing bonus before filing the suit?

What happens (no way it will) if he is drafted in the 5th round, or not at all?

She then has no money to go after.

Civil lawsuits are all about money.

Why didn't she wait until after he was drafted with a large signing bonus before filing the suit?

What happens (no way it will) if he is drafted in the 5th round, or not at all?

She then has no money to go after.

Excellent point Tex brains are probably not her strong suit..

Yeah, you're not forgiven for this bullsh*t view on things. But, that's ok. This is a football forum.

Kobe, Duke, and UVA were all falsely accused. When this stuff keeps happening and happening how do you just ignore it?

Lawsuit against Winston refers to second victim

Posted by Mike Florio on April 16, 2015, 6:02 PM EDT

Winston

Getty Images

PFT has obtained, through NBC, a copy of the complaint filed Thursday against former Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston. The lawsuit contains a potentially ominous allegation that could, in theory, derail Winston’s bid to become the first overall pick in the draft.

“On October 25, 2013, Plaintiff’s victim advocate at FSU informed her that a second woman had come forward and reported being sexually assaulted by Winston,” the complaint alleges at paragraph 13.

If the Buccaneers are indeed going to select Winston, they likely will investigate the allegation of a second victim before putting him name on the card. It’s possibly they already have; it’s not publicly known whether the Bucs or any other NFL team are aware of the second allegation.

But the public now is, and until more is known about the second allegation, it could complicate Winston’s draft stock.

Oops.

And I said nothing if the sort. Long and short I said this is a major problem and something needs to be done.

FFS there's a children's fable based in this stuff. I'm going sit back and see if you can guess which one.

You actually said men being falsely accused of rape is an epidemic. Dear god. You actually said that.

There's some studies that say it's as low as 8% and as high as 25%. Google it. That's a major problem and it's not OK. Ever. And all it does is take away from real rape victims.

And where I come from evidence is kinda like...important and stuff. Saying you were raped when you weren't isn't evidence.

Do you remember Mike Nifong? Do you remember what happened to him? Do you honestly think he's the only prosecutor to do that?

Archived