Starting to get a Big Mac odor of trade down and OL/gamble taken

SouthernJet

This trade down sh*t is ridiculous.  Everybody on these boards acts like there is no difference between the #1 and #4 pass rusher or the #1 and #2 offensive lineman.  We may fight over who is better, but the idea that there is going to be this great value sitting there in the 2nd is off the wall.  If Harold is such a good value at 37, he will probably be gone.  Same with Perriman or Smith or whoever

That's not really true. The Jets are 5/12 picking pro bowlers in the first round in the last ten years. The average is something like 35%.

Good point.  But Im thinking if we look at the last five years that stat changes.  Yet, new regime so I guess none of us know anything for certain until three years after tomorrow.  

Good point.  But Im thinking if we look at the last five years that stat changes.  Yet, new regime so I guess none of us know anything for certain until three years after tomorrow.  

can u break that 3 years down into how many meals until we know? ;)

unless mariota falls to 6, which is not likely, why would a team want to trade up to that spot?

Other than Mariota?

Williams, White, Cooper, Beasley, Fowler, Gurley.  You never know when a team is going to all in love with a player.  A team like the Browns could trade up to 6 with their 12 and not even have to give up their 19th pick in the 1st round.

You need a trading partner.

Only way I see any team behind the Jets looking to trade up is if Mariota falls to us at 6.

Other teams will think the same thing, why draft White when I have a shot at Parker. Why draft Ray or Beasley if Harold is still on the board.

The way this thing is going down it could be Winston, Leonard, Mariota, Cooper, Fowler are gone.

I don't see teams trading a 2nd round pick to move up at that point unless it's for a CB. Waynes could be a target.

Some teams may be completely infatuated with certain players or really dislike others. I really think offers will be there, im sure there are teams in the middle of the round who want a White or Beasley, like the Falcons with Julio jones a few years back.

Some teams may be completely infatuated with certain players or really dislike others. I really think offers will be there, im sure there are teams in the middle of the round who want a White or Beasley, like the Falcons with Julio jones a few years back.

yup, it's a entity that based on  Front Offices machinations, evolves starting Thursday night  through actions/non-actions, over-thinking and paranoia to some extent. why its so interesting, it was the original (or close to it) Reality TV show and ESPN had it..   :)

We should trade out of 6 to 12 and 19 with the Browns, let them trade the 6 and next year's number 1 to the Titans for Mariota.

We grab our pass rushing OLB at 12 and WR at 19.

That's a 3 way deal that can happen now and not wait until tomorrow.

DONE!

Archived