Roger Goodell says Deflategate report should be released 'soon'...***updated 5/6: REPORT RELEASED*** (starts page 8)

Jet Fan RI

2 games would be a joke. Of course, Pat Kirwan still insists it was all environmental and there is no evidence, and does not matter because they won the game, ignoring the fact that they have been doing this for 7 year.

It is amazing there are still people who think that, in view of what is presented in the appendices of the report. I can only assume those still making that claim did not read the appendices or, if they did, do not understand what they read.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is so much going on with this thread, maybe I haven't digested everything. BUT WHAT ABOUT THE FRIGGIN' SNOW PLOW?

In this thread there was a post that shows how Pats make a mockery of it by putting up sort of a mural!!!

It goes to show how arrogant some Pats fans/Organization are thinking that was no big deal either.

In this thread there was a post that shows how Pats make a mockery of it by putting up sort of a mural!!!

It goes to show how arrogant some Pats fans/Organization are thinking that was no big deal either.

In 1982, there were no rules against using a snowplow to clear the playing field.

Just like there were no rules saying the home team must cover the field with a tarp.

Two perfect examples of teams gaining a competitive advantage by not breaking any rules.

Bedard saying that the Pats are "keeping score" with reporters right now, and that there will be consequences for slamming the organization moving forward. Pretty much pointing the finger directly at Tom Curran.

Might not matter that much if the penalties are severe enough. Who cares if they aren't allowed to get interviews with players from a sub-0.500 team? 

Bedard saying that the Pats are "keeping score" with reporters right now, and that there will be consequences for slamming the organization moving forward. Pretty much pointing the finger directly at Tom Curran.

What, Belichick is going to share even less information now?  Talk about an empty threat.  And I thought Curran has been relatively pro-Patriots through this? 

What, Belichick is going to share even less information now? Talk about an empty threat. And I thought Curran has been relatively pro-Patriots through this?

I think Bedard is pointing to Curran as a guy who's kowtowing to the Pats, similar to the way Isola calls out his colleagues on the Knicks beat for homerism.

Curran has been one of the best since day one, always calls it like it is.

Who cares what the Pats think?

I think Bedard is pointing to Curran as a guy who's kowtowing to the Pats, similar to the way Isola calls out his colleagues on the Knicks beat for homerism.

Ah, got it.  I misunderstood the Curran reference.  Thanks. 

So now after cheating and covering it up they are resorting to intimidation. What class.

In 1982, there were no rules against using a snowplow to clear the playing field.

Just like there were no rules saying the home team must cover the field with a tarp.

Two perfect examples of teams gaining a competitive advantage by not breaking any rules.

No my friend you and I see the situation totally differently which is fine.  But the Pats are a team that is literally looking to not only look for advantage but to destroy the basic understanding of a level condition and playing field.  If every conceivable rule bending had to be SPECIFICALLY enumerated as you are implying the rule book would 10,000,000 pages or more in length. 

Under your rational a team (the Pats) would be perfectly alright to do the following:

1. No explicit rules against drugging your opponents say their water or food before a game with sleep tablets or diuretics.  Would it be ok for the Pats to do this?
  2. No rules against sending infer -red or light directed images to interrupt a players play on the field, should this be ok to do?  Under your rationale it would be fine so long as it is not explicitly in the NFL rule book!!!

I could go on and on but you can’t honestly believe so long as it isn’t written down you should do it!!

This is precisely why the snow plow was so egregious no one actually believed that a team would show so little regard for the other team to even attempt such a dishonorable stunt!  But the Pats showed they would.

Yea your team has won SBs using lying, deception, bending the spirit of the rules and even cheating and I guess it seems all worth to you but to me is embarrassment and literally destroying the game that I grew up loving.

Also under your rationale the Pats are perfectly say justified in destroying Tom Curran's livelihood and career with pressure to his employers because he dares to write the truth!

Think about it my friend ... just consider what you are implying

Again the Pats showing how classy they are by threatening folks who dare to TELL THE TRUTH!!!!

It is sickening!!

How about a sniper positioned on top of the pressbox who picks off the opponent's best players? Oh wait. That would violate the law. Maybe that's the Pats' guiding principle for a tactic going too far: If it might result in indictments, that's going a bit too far.

Tom sucks … im going make that next ball a [expletive] balloon

Also helped that Don Shula was the leader of the rules committee just like  Goddell is in Bob Krafts pocket.

They were not illegal so the teams got the opportunity to gain an unfair advantage. And you think that's good? Both were despicable. And both generated new rules forbidding such unethical tactics. Yet the Pats are proud of their little unethical snow plow tactic. They actually glorify it in their "Patriots Hall" where the snow plow hangs on display as if it's something to be proud of. That, my troll, says all you need to know about the culture of the Patriots. Your f-ked up team actually thinks it's cool to glorify and celebrate an unsportsmanlike action that was morally corrupt, by enshrining the device used. What's next? Enshrining the deflate syringes in a trophy case in the Hall? The Patriot Way indeed.

Again the Pats showing how classy they are by threatening folks who dare to TELL THE TRUTH!!!!

It is sickening!!

It's like Elisabeth Kubler-Ross' 5 stages of grief:

Denial: We've seen plenty of that since January

Anger: Oh the rage expressed by Pats fans and wrath toward Ted Wells. They are foaming at the mouth that the truth has been revealed. The explicit and veiled threats against the media are a component of this stage.

Bargaining: We'll be seeing that soon enough in the appeal process that will begin as soon as the suspension and lost draft pick are announced.

Depression

Acceptance.

Anybody else think it's odd the Wells' investigation didn't ask Belicheat for his cell phone cell phone wasn't asked for? Belicheat is one of the most detail oriented coaches there is so it's ludicrous to think he didn't know this was going on. 

The report could very be a whitewash to protect Belicheat. I happen to think Brady is being thrown under the bus to protect Belicheat. 

Anybody else think it's odd the Wells' investigation didn't ask Belicheat for his cell phone cell phone wasn't asked for? Belicheat is one of the most detail oriented coaches there is so it's ludicrous to think he didn't know this was going on. 

The report could very be a whitewash to protect Belicheat. I happen to think Brady is being thrown under the bus to protect Belicheat. 

my take on that is belicheat doesn't handle the balls, that's on brady.  belicheat isn't going to tell brady how to have his balls done

I mean you can't tell another man how to handle his own balls

CB, you are one of the better posters on the board and I have always respected your opinion.

Don't try and soften me up now!!!

Heheheheheh the money is on its way...

The truth is I am sad by this whole thing.  Yea I hate Brady as a Jets fan but I LOVE the guy as a QB.  He has been terrific.  A once in a generation player, who all the teams could love to hate and only wish somehow have the football Gods shine upon them and bestow such a talent on their team. Great player, historically beautiful wife, winning.. and so on....  As a Jets fan it sucks, cause I say why not my team!!

So this hurts because it hurts the little boy in me who still can see the Namath football my father got me on X-MASS DAY, when Namath, my hero at the time seemed so much bigger than life. So I am sad because while I WANT JUSTICE DONE (as a Jets fan).... I know that there are kids who will be hurt by this, have their hero destroyed and their X-MASS gifts trashed and so the game is somehow made smaller.

So I may joke around and vent out here with my fellow Jets fans but the truth is, true fans, are damaged by this and wish it all wasn't so.

my take on that is belicheat doesn't handle the balls, that's on brady.  belicheat isn't going to tell brady how to have his balls done

I mean you can't tell another man how to handle his own balls

Could be...  However, if Belicheat is aware that lower psi and a tacky football results in less fumbles, I have a hard time believing he wouldn't purposely do this.

A team that employs a full time football researcher like Ernie Adams was probably very aware of this years ago.

Let's hope it doesn't work and he gets the Sean Payton treatment. Then we'll get rid of both him and Brady for awhile. 

The truth is I am sad by this whole thing.  Yea I hate Brady as a Jets fan but I LOVE the guy as a QB.  He has been terrific.  A once in a generation player, who all the teams could love to hate and only wish somehow have the football Gods shine upon them and bestow such a talent on their team. Great player, historically beautiful wife, winning.. and so on....  As a Jets fan it sucks, cause I say why not my team!!

So this hurts because it hurts the little boy in me who still can see the Namath football my father got me on X-MASS DAY, when Namath, my hero at the time seemed so much bigger than life. So I am sad because while I WANT JUSTICE DONE (as a Jets fan).... I know that there are kids who will be hurt by this, have their hero destroyed and their X-MASS gifts trashed and so the game is somehow made smaller.

So I may joke around and vent out here with my fellow Jets fans but the truth is, true fans, are damaged by this and wish it all wasn't so.

Yes. We wish it wasn't so that he cheated. He has no one to blame for his damaged legacy but himself. So now, true fans hope they throw the book at him.

Yes. We wish it wasn't so that he cheated. He has no one to blame for his damaged legacy but himself. So now, true fans hope they throw the book at him.

I agree with you..

This type blatant disregard for the truth and literally thumbing his nose at the league and the fans has to be harshly addressed.. PERIOD!!!

As I said in post after post when this was disclosed, the fact that he wasn't suspended immediately was already outrageous favoritism for the Pats.

Let's hope it doesn't work and he gets the Sean Payton treatment. Then we'll get rid of both him and Brady for awhile. 

I wouldn't be totally surprised to see Marsha retire after this. Her contract was restructured in 2014 so that Patriots can cut ties with her. Belicheat is still a problem. 

I wouldn't be totally surprised to see Marsha retire after this. Her contract was restructured in 2014 so that Patriots can cut ties with her. Belicheat is still a problem. 

There are those who say BB's success is entirely due to Brady. So if Brady goes, the coach may go too. Wouldn't bother me in the least.

there is no rule stating that you cant urinate on your opponents head during a chess tournament,but..

hate to break it to ya,son, but this "once in a generation player" you speak of has been living a lie since 2001. only thing brady is great at is doing what he is told and cheating. put aside the fact that brady was told exactly what defense he was looking at on every play, compliments of spygate, he also knew where to throw the ball, via the eye in the sky, where he was in constant communication with someone in the box telling him which receiver to throw to.helmet communication that never shut off. basically a man made qb, remote control robot,if you will. by the time spygate hit, brady was already a master of his craft, no longer needing the remore control. if it was ever proven, brady would be banned for life, as would belichek

The sad thing is CB even without the cheating crap the Pats and Brady have had a great run.. Too bad they keep screwing themselves. :fan:

hate to break it to ya,son, but this "once in a generation player" you speak of has been living a lie since 2001. only thing brady is great at is doing what he is told and cheating. put aside the fact that brady was told exactly what defense he was looking at on every play, compliments of spygate, he also knew where to throw the ball, via the eye in the sky, where he was in constant communication with someone in the box telling him which receiver to throw to.helmet communication that never shut off. basically a man made qb, remote control robot,if you will. by the time spygate hit, brady was already a master of his craft, no longer needing the remore control. if it was ever proven, brady would be banned for life, as would belichek

Even with what you say and I AGREE with everything you say I think he still was a great QB.  He is in my top ten to fifteen QBs of all time based on his on the field performances.  And if you are in the top 15 QBs of all time you are IMO a once in a generation player.  Even you said in your post the man is "a master of his craft", something recent Jets QBs Sanchez nor Smith could heretofore only dream about.  

Now how much the skull doggery accounted for his rise I don't know but as you can see I still feel he was a good one.  By the way my number 1 and 1A QBs of all time are Otto Graham and Joe Montanna. 

Hmmm just thinking...

The real truth no one wants to say is this without Bellichick's cheating ways that you outline in your post - - Are the Pats really better than the Jets even under Herman Edwards?   ....  Hmmmmm I don't think so and that is all you can say about the "great" BB.

And Savage before you start I am not saying Herm is a HOF HC.... :animal0029:

Archived