Roger Goodell says Deflategate report should be released 'soon'...***updated 5/6: REPORT RELEASED*** (starts page 8)

Jet Fan RI

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...-released-soon

Roger Goodell says Deflategate report should be released 'soon'

By John Breech | CBSSports.com
April 28, 2015 6:45 pm ET

If you've been holding your breath waiting for the Deflategate investigation to be released, you're probably not alive right now, but for the rest of us, there looks to be some light at the end of the Deflategate tunnel.
During an interview with "CBS This Morning" on Tuesday, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell told Charlie Rose that he expects the report to be released "soon." 
"I do think it will be soon," Goodell said. "We have a responsibility to the 32 teams -- not just the one team, to 32 teams -- and our fans and the general public here to make sure things were done fairly."
The league is definitely doing its due diligence.
The NFL announced in January that it was going to investigate whether or not the footballs used by the Patriots in the AFC Championship game were deliberately deflated. That investigation, which is being run by Ted Wells, reached Day 100 on Tuesday.
During the interview with Goodell, Rose asked the commissioner why the investigation has taken so long.
"I think it's hard because you want to make sure you have all the information," Goodell said. "It's not just whether the balls are properly inflated. The question is, one of things [Wells would] be asked to look for, 'Was it just one game?'"
Goodell did add that there's no suspicion that the Patriots played more than one game with deflated footballs. 
"There's no suspicion of anything," Goodell said. "What we're trying to do is try to make sure we're thorough. The most important thing here is, 'Was there a violation of the rules and if so, how did that occur?'"
Although the investigation has seemingly taken forever, let's not forget all the laughter Deflategate's brought us.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's just trying to figure out the best way to ignore the Patriots' obvious cheating and look the other way for the benefit of his good buddy Kraft.

roger-goodell-gq-magazine-february-2015- roger-goodell-robert-kraft.jpg

Probably. But I was encouraged to see that Goodell at least stated that the league was interested in whether the deflation could have been done in more than just one game. I had not heard that before, and was worried they really would just be concerned with the AFC champ game. This suggests the investigation may consider some evidence that the Pats' fumble rate went way down at just the time the ball-handling rule was changed. Hope the physicist who was tasked to look into this considered that aspect too.

Presented without comment.

All that means is that the league is not admitting that the web reports about the fumble rate going down have any weight. But if the physicist does his own calculations, I think that would be a different matter. And the fact that the league expressed an interest in it would seem to give the guy license to look into it.

All that means is that the league is not admitting that the web reports about the fumble rate going down have any weight. But if the physicist does his own calculations, I think that would be a different matter. And the fact that the league expressed an interest in it would seem to give the guy license to look into it.

All that means is Pats are going to get away with cheating once again with little more that a slap on the wrist.

Textbook fluff piece.

You may want to follow the original link. The "laughs" you reference are in regard to Deflategate jokes made by the president, not because the league was doing any laughing. The original link includes a video with the president in it that I did not upload in my post. No fluff piece here. 

You may want to follow the original link. The "laughs" you reference are in regard to Deflategate jokes made by the president, not because the league was doing any laughing. The original link includes a video with the president in it that I did not upload in my post. No fluff piece here. 

You sure you are JETS fan or a disguised troll ?

Yeah so they get a slap on the wrist when there is video catching them red handed... do you really think anything significant will come out of this? Not a chance.

I think there is a chance. And I think the long delay in announcing results suggests that exoneration is not what the investigation found. 

He's just trying to figure out the best way to ignore the Patriots' obvious cheating and look the other way for the benefit of his good buddy Kraft.

roger-goodell-gq-magazine-february-2015-

Is it normal to close your eyes when hugging another man?

I think there is a chance. And I think the long delay in announcing results suggests that exoneration is not what the investigation found. 

I do not expect exoneration. I expect wrist slap with some corporate-speak about how policies and procedures were not followed but there was no intent to obtain unfair competitive advantage and that none was gained. Thus the results of the season are inviolate and legitimate. From a business perspective, I don't see how Goodell can go another way without calling into question the legitimacy of the champion. Above all he is paid to protect the brand, and a serious punishment without stripping a title would be bad for business. The fact that there is no decision before the draft--despite ample time--to me indicates that no serious punishment is forthcoming.

Archived