Milliner out 6-8 weeks (MERGED)

nj meadowlands

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on... you should have seen that one coming a mile away.

It's the second time I've seen you refer to Milliner as maybe the team's 5th or 6th CB. I couldn't let it go a second time. That's the way bullsh*t winds up being gospel around here.

If you roped in anyone it was Jet Nut, who seemed pretty empowered by your post. :)

It's the second time I've seen you refer to Milliner as maybe the team's 5th or 6th CB. I couldn't let it go a second time. That's the way bullsh*t winds up being gospel around here.

If you roped in anyone it was Jet Nut, who seemed pretty empowered by your post. :)

Well, if you consider that Revis, Cro, and Skrine are 1-3. McDougle and Marcus Williams sound like they are playing better than him, it's actually not that big of a leap to suggest that a guy who just missed a year is battling for a spot at the bottom of the depth at his position, regardless of where he was drafted. 

His comment wasn't about durability, it was about coordination: the implicit amount required to play in the NFL vs. the amount one would have to lack to sustain these injuries

And my comment was that it unclear that Milliner has shown himself to part of this 1% (athletic ability including coordination) given his record.

My point exactly, nothings been established yet. I haven't said anything has been. All those, like you claiming it is established that he'll never stay healthy new to read that line. What is clear is that "what next, a double hernia stepping out of his bathtub? Ruptured disks in his back from a bumpy cab ride? Perforated ulcer from too much hot sauce in Taco Bell?" was pointless at this point.

I am saying that he HAS NOT stayed healthy.  This is in the past and it is an established fact.  

Sorry but I side with the army of NFL professionals who believe that a history of injuries is not something that changes at the NFL level.  This is his third consecutive preseason where he has suffered some injury or other.  That makes him 0 for his professional career in that regard.

McDougall IS injury prone. Jesus bro.

And Milliner has played just 16 of a possible 32 games. That's brutal.

OK, we all get it, Milliner had an achilles that cost him a season, we all get that.  The math doesn't help anyone, least of all you.

And if you think you know what someone is off of one season in the NFL you're either Nostradamus or making it up.  

Which one are you?

I am saying that he HAS NOT stayed healthy.  This is in the past and it is an established fact.  

Sorry but I side with the army of NFL professionals who believe that a history of injuries is not something that changes at the NFL level.  This is his third consecutive preseason where he has suffered some injury or other.  That makes him 0 for his professional career in that regard.

Find the army of NFL professionals that you see in your head agreeing with you that this is what he is and its going to continue every season as you stated earlier.  

Skip the army of NFL professionals, give me 10 or so.

Find the army of NFL professionals that you see in your head agreeing with you that this is what he is and its going to continue every season as you stated earlier.  

Skip the army of NFL professionals, give me 10 or so.

If you are unaware of a general reluctance in NFL circles to draft players with an injury history precisely because those players tend to remain injury-prone then I cannot help you.  You must have been living under a rock if you do not know this and yuou must have missed all of the discussions here on these boards about the possibility of injury happening.

Listen I will make it simple for you.  There was pretty significant disagreement on these boards from the moment we first drafted Dee Milliner.  The disagreement was on this very topic.  His injuries in college and his ability to stay healthy.  The fact is that he had a long history of injury in college and a whole bunch of surgeries to show for that even if he did not miss college games because of those injuries.

Fast forward three years.  He has not made it injury-free through any of his three preseasons at the professional level.   0 for 3 now.  He has only been available to play in half of the regular season games and for the most part he has played like complete dogsh1t when he has made it onto the field.  His two most recent injuries have both been significant and they both occurred on plays with no contact.

So yes, he is made of glass.

If you are unaware of a general reluctance in NFL circles to draft players with an injury history precisely because those players tend to remain injury-prone then I cannot help you.  You must have been living under a rock if you do not know this and yuou must have missed all of the discussions here on these boards about the possibility of injury happening.

Listen I will make it simple for you.  There was pretty significant disagreement on these boards from the moment we first drafted Dee Milliner.  The disagreement was on this very topic.  His injuries in college and his ability to stay healthy.  The fact is that he had a long history of injury in college and a whole bunch of surgeries to show for that even if he did not miss college games because of those injuries.

Fast forward three years.  He has not made it injury-free through any of his three preseasons at the professional level.   0 for 3 now.  He has only been available to play in half of the regular season games and for the most part he has played like complete dogsh1t when he has made it onto the field.  His two most recent injuries have both been significant and they both occurred on plays with no contact.

So yes, he is made of glass.

You said there was an army of NFL professionals who were going to agree with you. He would blow a knee in the shower, etc

Dont make it simple,  its you who doesnt get the point, its you who hasnt come up with a single person who agrees with you.  Nevermind one of the army at your disposal.   So don't give me your simple routine.

And what was his injury his first camp?  He tweeked a hammy? 

But hey, keep going, your army of NFL professionals are really impressive.  lol

You said there was an army of NFL professionals who were going to agree with you. He would blow a knee in the shower, etc

Dont make it simple,  its you who doesnt get the point, its you who hasnt come up with a single person who agrees with you.  Nevermind one of the army at your disposal.   So don't give me your simple routine.

And what was his injury his first camp?  He tweeked a hammy? 

But hey, keep going, your army of NFL professionals are really impressive.  lol

Hammy, achilles, shoulder, wrist.  What does it matter at this point?  He apparently has equal opportunity fragility.

Or it could simply be "bad luck"

I guess you are unaware that there are many NFL front offices who simply stay away from players with significant injury history as a matter of policy.  I guess you are un aware of that despite the fact that we had numberous threads on this very subject with respect to both Milliner and McDougal.

This really does not matter at this point.  The actual debate happened three years ago when some were predicting the possibility of injuries and others like yourself were saying any such predictions were so much SOJF negativity.  The results are in already.  The injuries have happened every single year.  Every single one.  He gets injured on plays with zero contact.  He is made of glass.

When he is not injured he plays like dogsh1t.

If they were to redo that draft again now, I doubt he goes higher than the 6th round if he even gets drafted at all.

OK, we all get it, Milliner had an achilles that cost him a season, we all get that. The math doesn't help anyone, least of all you.

And if you think you know what someone is off of one season in the NFL you're either Nostradamus or making it up.

Which one are you?

Da Fuq?

The Jets have had countless sh*tty players, coaches and GM's. But not a single one of them, in the history of the team, has been as poor at their job as Idzik was at his. Worse as a GM than Gholston was as a player, and worse than Kotite was as a coach.

No.  At least Idzik tried and got his suit dirty.

Hammy, achilles, shoulder, wrist.  What does it matter at this point?  He apparently has equal opportunity fragility.

Or it could simply be "bad luck"

I guess you are unaware that there are many NFL front offices who simply stay away from players with significant injury history as a matter of policy.  I guess you are un aware of that despite the fact that we had numberous threads on this very subject with respect to both Milliner and McDougal.

This really does not matter at this point.  The actual debate happened three years ago when some were predicting the possibility of injuries and others like yourself were saying any such predictions were so much SOJF negativity.  The results are in already.  The injuries have happened every single year.  Every single one.  He gets injured on plays with zero contact.  He is made of glass.

When he is not injured he plays like dogsh1t.

If they were to redo that draft again now, I doubt he goes higher than the 6th round if he even gets drafted at all.

The "army" has spoken.

The "army" has spoken.

Made of glass.

Was there a stiff breeze when he injured his wrist?

Never mind.  Stiff breezes are well known for being unpredictable and so it must be just bad luck,  You would need to be Nostradamus in order to predict when exactly the next stiff breeze is likely to occur.

Made of glass.

Was there a stiff breeze when he injured his wrist?

Never mind.  Stiff breezes are well known for being unpredictable and so it must be just bad luck,  You would need to be Nostradamus in order to predict when exactly the next stiff breeze is likely to occur.

Its painfully obvious that your army consists of you and your imagination.  But hey, keep the goofy injury scenarios coming, helps. 

Its like the mindless argument that CMar wasn't as good as Jet homers made him out to be.  

Its painfully obvious that your army consists of you and your imagination.  But hey, keep the goofy injury scenarios coming, helps. 

Its like the mindless argument that CMar wasn't as good as Jet homers made him out to be.  

Such nonsense is only painfully obvious to shortsighted fools such as yourself.  If you do not understand that MANY front offices steer clear of players with injury histories as a matter policy that I am not going to do your remedial education for you.  I also do not need to provide you with a list of names of who those front offices are.

The fact is that the injury concerns were voiced three years ago (well in advance of his NFL career). We had the arguments here on these boards and the results are unambiguous in this case.  You are wrong, Dee Milliner is made of glass and only an idiot would try to debate that reality at this point.

It is a rhetorical trick to go and ask people to name names as if information about such a consensus were not available from other sources. 

Name me even one GM who does not think that injury history is a factor in these kinds of decisions.

Idzik rolled the dice,  He made a risky bet that looks now for all the world right like a stupid risky bet.  Or you can choose to live in la la land where down is up and up is down.

he's like the white chad pennington

Even less durable than Chaddy-cakes i am afraid.

Pretty soon we will be referring to someone as the next Dee Milliner and he will likely become the new benchmark low for fragility at the NFL level.

But don't worry.  There will still be at least one idiot who will insist that all of Milliner's problems are a result of bad luck. 

Such nonsense is only painfully obvious to shortsighted fools such as yourself.  If you do not understand that MANY front offices steer clear of players with injury histories as a matter policy that I am not going to do your remedial education for you.  I also do not need to provide you with a list of names of who those front offices are.

The fact is that the injury concerns were voiced three years ago (well in advance of his NFL career). We had the arguments here on these boards and the results are unambiguous in this case.  You are wrong, Dee Milliner is made of glass and only an idiot would try to debate that reality at this point.

It is a rhetorical trick to go and ask people to name names as if information about such a consensus were not available from other sources. 

Name me even one GM who does not think that injury history is a factor in these kinds of decisions.

Idzik rolled the dice,  He made a risky bet that looks now for all the world right like a stupid risky bet.  Or you can choose to live in la la land where down is up and up is down.

You said you had an army of NFL experts who agreed with you, who said so.  You keep arguing that I don't understand this but cant come up with a list.  But I'm the fool.  Bring up remedial education.  Call it a trick to ask for a link, a list of names from this army.  A rhetorical trick to ask who when you claim theres an army that can back you.  

I get it, you don't.  You went over the top with the stupid example of how he would next be injured, I called you out on your army and you can't come up with anything.  Forget it already, go on an on about it doesn't make your army comment and smarter or factual.  Stop already, its dead 

And don't ever call me an idiot.  You've proven over and over again that you're not smart enough to call anyone an idiot.  I haven't called you any names, stcik yours back to JI where they belong 

You said you had an army of NFL experts who agreed with you, who said so.  You keep arguing that I don't understand this but cant come up with a list.  But I'm the fool.  Bring up remedial education.  Call it a trick to ask for a link, a list of names from this army.  A rhetorical trick to ask who when you claim theres an army that can back you.  

I get it, you don't.  You went over the top with the stupid example of how he would next be injured, I called you out on your army and you can't come up with anything.  Forget it already, go on an on about it doesn't make your army comment and smarter or factual.  Stop already, its dead 

And don't ever call me an idiot.  You've proven over and over again that you're not smart enough to call anyone an idiot.  I haven't called you any names, stcik yours back to JI where they belong 

Ah so you cannot come up with a single GM who feels injury history is not a significant factor when drafting players?  Got it.  So my army is actually every NFL GM and coach who is not on your (nonexistent) list.

Capiche?

Stiff breeze, 6-8 week wrist injury.. Just "Bad luck" to be out in such a stiff breeze... Got it.

Ah so you cannot come up with a single GM who feels injury history is not a significant factor when drafting players?  Got it.  So my army is actually every NFL GM and coach who is not on your (nonexistent) list.

Capiche?

Stiff breeze, 6-8 week wrist injury.. Just "Bad luck" to be out in such a stiff breeze... Got it.

I didn't claim there are GMs making your argument, YOU did. Why the hell is it on me to find them to make your argument?  

Then you call me an idiot?  LOL

I didn't claim there are GMs making your argument, YOU did. Why the hell is it on me to find them to make your argument?  

Then you call me an idiot?  LOL

The whole discussion around the pick included references to front offices who would never spend a high draft pick on a player with his injury history.  The people making these claims were knowledgeable draft experts and/or people with direct experience such as Mike Westhoff.

Call it a low pain threshold call it bad luck lack of durability or lack of coordination that leads to more injury outcomes.  At the end of the day he is still on an exercise bike and the people who took the position that players who have a history of that happening to them tend to keep on having that thing happen to them were correct.  In this case Westhoff was correct about Milliner and he was very far from being the only one who is in that camp.

Archived