Milliner out 6-8 weeks (MERGED)

nj meadowlands

why ?

he could be ready for week 2

his cap number this year is $3.4 million

the dead money to cut him would be $5 million ( the jets are only carrying $3.4 million in total for like 17 players)

the cap hit would be $1.6 million ( as in no savings)

so cutting him hurts the team

the only reason to do it would be spite

Or that we could put the roster spot to better use, so not the "only" reason.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beyond frustrating but I wouldn't cut him just yet. If there's some way to free up a roster spot while he recovers, great. Regardless though, let's see how he heals/plays the 2nd half of the season. Even if only to build his trade value a bit.

Delicate Dee!!!!

Nice one.

I was mauled around here for suggesting the Jets trade this guy for a 5th before the draft. People are just so foolish sometimes. The only thing he had going for him was enough "potential" to get something in return from some other hopeful GM. Now he is utterly worthless to everyone.

However, he can still hurt the Jets if management is stupid enough to decide to keep the paper mache man over some other less heralded guy that shines in camp and might actually contribute.

Kick Delicate Dee to the curb!

This was such a stupid FKNG pick when that dip sh$t Idzik made it. The guy had shown he was made of paper and match sticks in college, and was there for the Jets only because of a knee injury. Some guys are paper, this guy is one of them, missing on a top 10 pick is devastating, so glad that moron Idzik is gone.

This was such a stupid FKNG pick when that dip sh$t Idzik made it. The guy had shown he was made of paper and match sticks in college, and was there for the Jets only because of a knee injury. Some guys are paper, this guy is one of them, missing on a top 10 pick is devastating, so glad that moron Idzik is gone.

Agreed.  I played golf with an NFL GM about 3 years ago who was telling me what a great draft we had with Geno and Millner.

I was high as a kite thinking wow!  Well he's been fired since then and clearly he was as far from the truth as you could be.

Injury history in college matters. I remember people dismissing his college injuries based on the argument that he never missed a game, wholly ignoring the greater body strain put on football players in the pros.

The fact that he was injury prone in college but was lucky to play should have been a big warning sign for Idzik. Crazy that his 2 first rounders turned out to me Mr. Glass and Puff the Magic Dragon his first season.

20/20 hindsight. Gronkowski could have been in a wheelchair by now. sh*t happens. Sheldon I'm starting to think clearly was preventable. I've never been in a room with him or the billboard goofballs but I think the difference between lovable a$$hole and contemptible a$$hole tends to be fairly palpable.

It's sad. The kid obviously has boat loads of talent but simply can not stay healthy. He was drafted with an injury and has had three different injuries now while on the Jets. Having Revis and Cro as mentors was the best possible scenario for him to maximize his potential and then he hurts his wrist.

This is why you don't take chances that high in the draft on guys with injury backgrounds.

I guess there's still hope but his light is flickering.

20/20 hindsight. Gronkowski could have been in a wheelchair by now. sh*t happens. Sheldon I'm starting to think clearly was preventable. I've never been in a room with him or the billboard goofballs but I think the difference between lovable a$$hole and contemptible a$$hole tends to be fairly palpable.

Gronks still injury prone.

Archived