Milliner out 6-8 weeks (MERGED)

nj meadowlands

Damn first Allen, now Milliner again. Hopefully he can make a full recovery and have a successful, healthy rest of the season but I won't hold my breath for it to happen.

Its a shame too because I really do think he has the talent and work ethic to make it happen, but he has GOT to stay healthy!

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

And Cro has been pathetic against speed. Really needs Milliner with Cro showing age. Hope Dex can step up in pre season n challenge Cro.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think he did roids in college. Reason why he was so good and now can't stay healthy.

Ugh, bbbbbut I thought Idzik was a moron for drafting a guy who was hurt in college?

He's had two injuries, neither hat have a thing to do with body type, have to do with horrible luck. As Bowles said he needs more time to figure out what he is.

Ugh, bbbbbut I thought Idzik was a moron for drafting a guy who was hurt in college?

He's had two injuries, neither hat have a thing to do with body type, have to do with horrible luck. As Bowles said he needs more time to figure out what he is.

I'm an Idzik hater and was calling for his firing when most jet fans were still defending him but I don't see the milliner pick as logically a bad move at the time. There weren't any great players on the board in that range at the time Tyler Eifert sucks balls as a NFL Tight End and the BPA we got a couple picks later with Sheldon.

Seriously please stop with the bitching and moaning.  Sure it sucks but the preseason hasn't even started yet and he could be back by game 2 or 3.  Injuries are going to happen (AA); at least the team has the depth to withstand them for the most part.   As was posted previously; NEXT MAN UP.  

Look at what Revis had to say about him recently in Phil's article when he "coached him up" - 

All boilerplate crap - nothing like "this kid has instincts" or "this kid has heart and drive".

Loved the pick when we made it because I thought he was going to be a money corner.

He isn't. He's glass fragile and even when he's healthy he's not good.

Cut bait and see if there's any takers. 

I'm an Idzik hater and was calling for his firing when most jet fans were still defending him but I don't see the milliner pick as logically a bad move at the time. There weren't any great players on the board in that range at the time Tyler Eifert sucks balls as a NFL Tight End and the BPA we got a couple picks later with Sheldon.

Fair...but many great players were available. vhance Warmack as an example.

We simply were a REX driven team of defense first.

Uhhh... no.

He has a history of having the durability of a pane of glass and not a single thing that has happened since he got to this level has changed that perception.  On the contrary in fact, the notion has been reinforced in spades.  The NFL is a far more physical level of play than college ball and Dee Miliner seems to seems to have a body that is vulnerable to serious injuries almost everywhere.  Shoulder, Achilles, Wrist.  You name it and he seems to be made of glass there.

What next, a double hernia stepping out of his bathtub?  Ruptured disks in his back from a bumpy cab ride?  Perforated ulcer from too much hot sauce in Taco Bell?

Uhhh... no.

He has a history of having the durability of a pane of glass and not a single thing that has happened since he got to this level has changed that perception. On the contrary in fact, the notion has been reinforced in spades. The NFL is a far more physical level of play than college ball and Dee Miliner seems to seems to have a body that is vulnerable to serious injuries almost everywhere. Shoulder, Achilles, Wrist. You name it and he seems to be made of glass there.

What next, a double hernia stepping out of his bathtub? Ruptured disks in his back from a bumpy cab ride? Perforated ulcer from too much hot sauce in Taco Bell?

Ok Dr., explain to us how someone has a weak Achilles or a weak wrist tendon. Otherwise it's what I said, bad luck.

What next? I don't know. Could be 10 straight years without an injury, has happened plenty of times this way. Even if it would disappoint many

Ok Dr., explain to us how someone has a weak Achilles or a weak wrist tendon. Otherwise it's what I said, bad luck.

What next? I don't know. Could be 10 straight years without an injury, has happened plenty of times this way. Even if it would disappoint many

Who knows, maybe he is just clumsy or not well coordinated and the end result is that he puts himself into situations where his body is coming down awkwardly and is taking impacts that cause damage.

Maybe he simply  has a fragile body and the same impact that would not result in an injury to other players does result in injuries for him.

Either of those two explanations are more plausible than your "just bad luck" line.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter.  He gets injured and he sits out as a result.  How long are we going to carry that reality? Bad luck, bad coordination or a weak body, the end result is the same and it has him on an exercise bike. taking up one of 53 roster spots (and some cap room).

If he were a car he would come under the lemon law

Who knows, maybe he is just clumsy or not well coordinated and the end result is that he puts himself into situations where his body is coming down awkwardly and is taking impacts that cause damage.

Maybe he simply  has a fragile body and the same impact that would not result in an injury to other players does result in injuries for him.

Either of those two explanations are more plausible than your "just bad luck" line.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter.  He gets injured and he sits out as a result.  How long are we going to carry that reality? Bad luck, bad coordination or a weak body, the end result is the same and it has him on an exercise bike. taking up one of 53 roster spots (and some cap room).

If he were a car he would come under the lemon law

Yeah, he's not well coordinated but can play a sport and position that 99.9% of us cant even imagine playing.  Yeah, your explanations are much more plausible.  Because how the hell can 2 whole injuries to a football player not make him fragile, uncoordinated or the best yet, clumsy.  Sh1t, couldnt possibly be bad luck.  

When Simms missed 2 or 3 seasons to preseason injuries and little EMs were calling him fragile, glass, etc I bet they never thought he would go 10 or so years without missing a game later on.   

Seriously, why do we make absolutes after two seasons?  Patience might be a better approach as Bowles said

I don't want to read the whole thread... just wondering if, at any point, the amount of outrage levels over Owusu sustaining another head injury are on parallel with those for Milliner. I only ask because having 1 concussion is actually an indicator that more are coming, while a shoulder injury and leg injury are probably not nearly as much of an indicator of an impending wrist injury... 

and when you consider that Milliner is a "maybe" as our 5th or 6th corner, and Owusu is a "maybe" as our 5th or 6th WR, it just seems like there's a 6 page thread missing....

Yeah, he's not well coordinated but can play a sport and position that 99.9% of us cant even imagine playing.  

Sorry but this has yet to be established.  It is not clear whether he us durable enough to have an NFL career somewhere other than the stationary bike.

Sorry but this has yet to be established.  It is not clear whether he us durable enough to have an NFL career somewhere other than the stationary bike.

His comment wasn't about durability, it was about coordination: the implicit amount required to play in the NFL vs. the amount one would have to lack to sustain these injuries

Sorry but this has yet to be established. It is not clear whether he us durable enough to have an NFL career somewhere other than the stationary bike.

My point exactly, nothings been established yet. I haven't said anything has been. All those, like you claiming it is established that he'll never stay healthy new to read that line. What is clear is that "what next, a double hernia stepping out of his bathtub? Ruptured disks in his back from a bumpy cab ride? Perforated ulcer from too much hot sauce in Taco Bell?" was pointless at this point.

Yeah, he's not well coordinated but can play a sport and position that 99.9% of us cant even imagine playing. Yeah, your explanations are much more plausible. Because how the hell can 2 whole injuries to a football player not make him fragile, uncoordinated or the best yet, clumsy. Sh1t, couldnt possibly be bad luck.

When Simms missed 2 or 3 seasons to preseason injuries and little EMs were calling him fragile, glass, etc I bet they never thought he would go 10 or so years without missing a game later on.

Seriously, why do we make absolutes after two seasons? Patience might be a better approach as Bowles said

2 injuries? Bad luck? The dude has been banged up since Alabama.

Some players are injury prone. See: Grant Hill, Mark Prior, and Dee Milliner.

How about Owusu as was mentioned? Where's the vitriol over his injuries? Antonio Allen? He has the same Achilles that Milliner had, so he's a sprained wrist ligament from being in the same boat. Only difference between Milliner and others who have had as much or more injuries, they aren't as hated as a healthy Milliner is.

Yeah bad luck, as in of a DL falls into a QBs knee he's out a season. Just misses another QBs knee nothing happens.

1. We're not at Alabama anymore, we're talking about his NFL career

2. He never missed a game at Alabama.

So a torn ACL makes Dex injury prone? There's a list a mile long of injury prone athletes if that were somehow true. Want to add Revis to that list. He had an ACL too. Won't fit your failed argument though

I don't want to read the whole thread... just wondering if, at any point, the amount of outrage levels over Owusu sustaining another head injury are on parallel with those for Milliner. I only ask because having 1 concussion is actually an indicator that more are coming, while a shoulder injury and leg injury are probably not nearly as much of an indicator of an impending wrist injury... 

and when you consider that Milliner is a "maybe" as our 5th or 6th corner, and Owusu is a "maybe" as our 5th or 6th WR, it just seems like there's a 6 page thread missing....

Chris Owusu's injury history led him to go undrafted. Despite Dee Milliner's extensive injury history, he was still drafted #9 overall. Referring to Milliner as "maybe" the team's 5th or 6th corner is disingenuous. Again, this was a top ten pick in the NFL draft. This is a guy who should be no lower than 4th on the team's CB depth chart (only because they signed three free agents to start this year), a guy who should be winning a starting job from an expensive and deteriorating Antonio Cromartie.

Chris Owusu is an NFL minimum guy who cost the team nothing, a guy most people understood was always a concussion away from a potential retirement. A guy who definitely never had the roster spot guarantee that Milliner continues to enjoy.

There's really no comparison to make.

1. We're not at Alabama anymore, we're talking about his NFL career

2. He never missed a game at Alabama.

So a torn ACL makes Dex injury prone? There's a list a mile long of injury prone athletes if that were somehow true. Want to add Revis to that list. He had an ACL too. Won't fit your failed argument though

McDougall IS injury prone. Jesus bro.

And Milliner has played just 16 of a possible 32 games. That's brutal.

Chris Owusu's injury history led him to go undrafted. Despite Dee Milliner's extensive injury history, he was still drafted #9 overall. Referring to Milliner as "maybe" the team's 5th or 6th corner is disingenuous. Again, this was a top ten pick in the NFL draft. This is a guy who should be no lower than 4th on the team's CB depth chart (only because they signed three free agents to start this year), a guy who should be winning a starting job from an expensive and deteriorating Antonio Cromartie.

Chris Owusu is an NFL minimum guy who cost the team nothing, a guy most people understood was always a concussion away from a potential retirement. A guy who definitely never had the roster spot guarantee that Milliner continues to enjoy.

There's really no comparison to make.

lol, I can still get you ;)

Archived