Milliner out 6-8 weeks (MERGED)

nj meadowlands

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not unless they IR miliner. He'll still be taking up a roster spot and 5 active CBs is enough

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

He isn't going to be back healthy for the start of the season.  I'd say he will miss the first 4 games, so maybe they don't IR him but he won't be back before the bye.

Idiotzik's 2 best picks Richardson, who can't stay out of trouble, and Milliner, who can't stay healthy. And I am an eternal optimist, but have to say it like it is. Problem with Milliner now is do we wast a roster spot on him going into the reguler season or simply leave him on the PUP, which I believe means we can only bring him back after 6 weeks/GMs? for the one time activation instead of a full IR. Not sure all the rules there, but I believe the way I stated it is the way it still is. I know if we waive him he is going to go to another team, stay healthy, and be very good. I'd rather that not happen. Though, if as we are seeing, maybe he is just not durable enough to play in the NFL. He was often injured in college, but never missed any real time. In this league those types will probably sustain bad/worse injuries than in college due to the NFL level player strength/speed that will sideline them long term, like what has been occurring to Milliner. 

Your username says it all.  This guy is one of the biggest catastrophes in our team's illustrious history.  Guy can't stay on the field, so he's beyond irrelevant at this point.

Face it all you Milliner apologists.   Drafting him was a mistake.  He's officially a mega-bust.

Milliner apologists ? Is there such a thing ?

Guy is made of glass unfortunately.  I'm usually patient with players coming out of college and have some fluke injuries in the first 2 years, but this dude, the wind changes direction and he gets hurt.  Too many injuries over too short of a time period, his development is in the sh*tter so yes imo he is a bust and should be gone at the end of the season.  Really unfortunate because the dude def has some talent hidden inside that frail exterior.

Idzik is putrid.  One good draft pick and the guy turns out to be Mad Max.

Idzik was the worst GM we've ever had. This was his 2nd best draft pick. His *best* draft pick is a dude who does 140+ MPH in a car with a loaded gun and a 12 year old, resists arrest, gets busted for the NFL substance policy and claims you will never hear about him in the news ever again right before the speeding/endangering/resisting charges come out.

Idzik was the worst GM we've ever had. This was his 2nd best draft pick. His *best* draft pick is a dude who does 140+ MPH in a car with a loaded gun and a 12 year old, resists arrest, gets busted for the NFL substance policy and claims you will never hear about him in the news ever again right before the speeding/endangering/resisting charges come out.

Even Kotite brought in KJ,Wayne,Hugh Douglas,Matt O'Dwyer,Mickens and Marcus Coleman..

if he's not eligible for IR the Jets might outright cut him.

why ?

he could be ready for week 2

his cap number this year is $3.4 million

the dead money to cut him would be $5 million ( the jets are only carrying $3.4 million in total for like 17 players)

the cap hit would be $1.6 million ( as in no savings)

so cutting him hurts the team

the only reason to do it would be spite

You know what 4th player chosen in the first rd didn't complete a 16 game season till year 5 for the Jets due to injuries?? I'll give you a hint his nick name was Shadetree.. :winking0001:

Apparently another one of Marvin Jones' nicknames was "waste of sperm".

he was such a terrible pick when drafted and I said so then -guy had a ton of injuries in college-no way he was ever going to stay healthy in the pros where they are bigger faster and stronger-if you want to gamble on an injury prone guy you dont do it that early in the draft

Your username says it all.  This guy is one of the biggest catastrophes in our team's illustrious history.  Guy can't stay on the field, so he's beyond irrelevant at this point.

Face it all you Milliner apologists.   Drafting him was a mistake.  He's officially a mega-bust.

Dump this disaster.

why ?

he could be ready for week 2

his cap number this year is $3.4 million

the dead money to cut him would be $5 million ( the jets are only carrying $3.4 million in total for like 17 players)

the cap hit would be $1.6 million ( as in no savings)

so cutting him hurts the team

the only reason to do it would be spite

If he's back week 2..... He will be out by week 4. He is a piece of thin glass.....

You know what 4th player chosen in the first rd didn't complete a 16 game season till year 5 for the Jets due to injuries?? I'll give you a hint his nick name was Shadetree.. :winking0001:

Yup..it's a shame...a low down dirty shame.

Marvin jones didn't look lost when he WAS healthy, though.

If ya can't stay healthy, ya can't make it a career. The truth hurts.

I knew he had some shoulder problems coming out of college, but 5 surgeries in college alone...holy s**t. Add the achilles and wrist an he had 7 surgeries the last couple of years:

• scope on his right knee
  • sports hernia 
  • procedure on his right tibia
  • right shoulder
  • left shoulder 
  • achilles
  • wrist tendon

Archived