Im really impressed with Todd Bowles.

Villain The Foe

He's happy, so the Bills are mediocre?

Seriously, where do you come up with this sappy, tra, la, la, stuff?

Mediocre?   Well that's a step up from where you thought we were yesterday.  By the way,  Cassel is getting better everyday.  How's Geno working out for you?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mediocre? Well that's a step up from where you thought we were yesterday. By the way, Cassel is getting better everyday. How's Geno working out for you?

He is a million times better than Cassel. Genos had a great camp and is winning the job. Cassel will get the job because EJ and Taylor suck more than he does.

Funny yesterday I told you Cassel would start for the Bills, you told me it would be Taylor. Today you're feeding me Cassel as smack?

And I never said the bills were below mediocre.

He is a million times better than Cassel.

Funny yesterday I told you Cassel would start for the Bills, you told me it would be Taylor. Today you're feeding me Cassel as smack?

And I never said the bills were below mediocre.

No,  you said the Bills were lousy.   And yes,  I remember our conversation yesterday.  Taylor had a great week (last 3 practices in previous  week) and has shown good strides throughout training camp.   Cassel is doing better this week and has also had good practice days throughout training.    He's starting in Friday's preseason game just like EJ and Taylor will be starting in upcoming preseason games.    I'm glad you think that Geno is a million times better than Cassel.  Based upon all of the negative comments (re: Geno) in this forum,  I am not sure many posters agree with you.    Of course,  if all else fails,  you still have "has been former Buffalo Bills QB,  Ryan Fitzpatrick.  Really doesn't matter who you put behind the ball when you play against our defense.  Clearly,  we are not concerned about the fins or Garopollo either.  Bring them on.

No,  you said the Bills were lousy.   And yes,  I remember our conversation yesterday.  Taylor had a great week (last 3 practices in previous  week) and has shown good strides throughout training camp.   Cassel is doing better this week and has also had good practice days throughout training.    He's starting in Friday's preseason game just like EJ and Taylor will be starting in upcoming preseason games.    I'm glad you think that Geno is a million times better than Cassel.  Based upon all of the negative comments (re: Geno) in this forum,  I am not sure many posters agree with you.    Of course,  if all else fails,  you still have "has been former Buffalo Bills QB,  Ryan Fitzpatrick.  Really doesn't matter who you put behind the ball when you play against our defense.  Clearly,  we are not concerned about the fins or Garopollo either.  Bring them on.

As much as jets fans can pile on Geno, no one thinks Cassel is better than Geno.

Almost all, however will tell,you that Fitz is much better than Cassel.

The jets D will be better than the Bills, so the same to you. I can't wait to see whichever scrub QB Rex puts out onto the field lines up against Revis, Cro and our front line. They'll stuff McCoy and dare your QB, whoever he is, to try and throw the ball.

As much as jets fans can pile on Geno, no one thinks Cassel is better than Geno.

Almost all, however will tell,you that Fitz is much better than Cassel.

The jets D will be better than the Bills, so the same to you. I can't wait to see whichever scrub QB Rex puts out onto the field lines up against Revis, Cro and our front line. They'll stuff McCoy and dare your QB, whoever he is, to try and throw the ball.

If Fitz is so good why is he second line?   Revis or no Revis,  Ryan knows how to beat the Jets.  Good luck with stuffing McCoy.  

It's a step in the right direction.  

I sort of feel bad for you because I know you believe that. 

You will have a pretty good defense for a while, that will not be able to stop a 3rd down except for occasionally against Brady, in a valiant yet failing effort, and one or 2 surprise teams a year.... Just to make things completely confusing when they just decide not to show up every other week, or for weeks at a time. 

Your head coach is dyslexic and has a learning disorder which has been a very obvious issue to anyone who's been watching. 

His post bye week games are a thing of beauty in their disaster. 

Remember Rex getting his ass kicked by your Bills? Well Rex is gonna get his ass kicked in those games again. 

He can't beat the Ravens and he won't be able to beat the Jets. 

Because he can't use rationality or tact and his emotions will lead him right into traps and boneheaded gaffes. 

Also he seems to have trouble counting 11. 

And there's the whole clock management and general Head Coaching stuff... no biggie. 

Just a start, i could go on. I feel for you, I do. 

If Fitz is so good why is he second line?   Revis or no Revis,  Ryan knows how to beat the Jets.  Good luck with stuffing McCoy.  

Because he's not as good as Geno?  

Not too hard

Because Rex beat this Jets team when?  Because this Jets team is the same as Rex's Jets team where?  Because Rex is a X's & O's guy who will look into a roster and picks it apart?  

Not sure if I'm interpreting this right due to the ? ... But felt the need to chime in

It has yet to be determined whether Geno or Fitz is better in 2015, although TC reports seem to give Geno an edge.

Geno also has more of the dreaded P word (Potential) and is younger, while Fitz is who he is at this point.

Geno is starting due to that possible upside & to let the CS get a better understanding of his game.

I sort of feel bad for you because I know you believe that. 

You will have a pretty good defense for a while, that will not be able to stop a 3rd down except for occasionally against Brady, in a valiant yet failing effort, and one or 2 surprise teams a year.... Just to make things completely confusing when they just decide not to show up every other week, or for weeks at a time. 

Your head coach is dyslexic and has a learning disorder which has been a very obvious issue to anyone who's been watching. 

His post bye week games are a thing of beauty in their disaster. 

Remember Rex getting his ass kicked by your Bills? Well Rex is gonna get his ass kicked in those games again. 

He can't beat the Ravens and he won't be able to beat the Jets. 

Because he can't use rationality or tact and his emotions will lead him right into traps and boneheaded gaffes. 

Also he seems to have trouble counting 11. 

And there's the whole clock management and general Head Coaching stuff... no biggie. 

Just a start, i could go on. I feel for you, I do. 

When Bills' GM Doug Whaley,  Owners Terry and Kim Pegula and Pres. Russ Brandon interviewed Rex, they also had his stats.  I  have to believe that our people knew what they were doing.

Yeah Rex is pretty good at showing his old teams up...

I remember how he manhandled the Ravens all the times we played them  :biggrin:

If you weren't a Bills fan I would feel sorry for you....you really have no idea what the Bills signed up for 

When Bills' GM Doug Whaley,  Owners Terry and Kim Pegula and Pres. Russ Brandon interviewed Rex, they also had his stats.  I  have to believe that our people knew what they were doing.

Rex is a very convincing salesman.  No doubt he can sell ice to an eskimo.  For the Bills org to have success with Ryan, you have to see through him and not let him engrain himself in all the moves the org makes.  Rex with the Jets was allowed some input and control over personnel because over time he wears you down to convince you he is smarter then everyone else (see jets wildcat).

As long as Whaley keeps Rex out of the draft room and deafens his ears to Rex asking for a specific player and stays the course surrounding Rex with vet talent and not young talent, the Bill will be fine if not very dangerous.  

Just don't let the Rex cancer spread throughout the org, if it can be contained and controlled it can be very dangerous for everyone else.  If it spreads its dangerous internally to the org.

edit:

For further truth of what I'm talking about see this headline:

"Rex briefly considered bringing Vick to Buffalo before deciding it really wasn't a good idea"

Why is Rex considering bringing Vick to Buff?  Thats the GMs job, not Rex's.  Its a slippery slope b/c he gets all buddy buddy with the GM and the GM eventually wears down control to Rex as they become best buds, just look at Tanny.

Not too hard

Because Rex beat this Jets team when?  Because this Jets team is the same as Rex's Jets team where?  Because Rex is a X's & O's guy who will look into a roster and picks it apart?  

Well all that matters to me is that Geno is not good enough to help the Jets beat the Bills.  That's a fact.  Just to answer your question - Rex beat the Jets back in 2007. Above and beyod the X's and O's, Rex knows the strengths and weaknesses of the majority of players on your team.  Please,  give the guy credit for something.  

Thank you, thank you.  I've been saying this very same thing for months.  

You've been saying that for months because Rex has been your head coach for months. 

Look, you're a Bills fan so this is expected from you. But take it from a Jets fan who's gone through over a half decade watching this man disregard the offense and in close games watch him make the same coaching mistakes on third down bringing the same blitz that everyone (especially the Ravens) knew was coming. Rex Ryan is a mouth piece and lovable guy, but if your offensive coordinator cannot get this offense clicking to put alot of points on the board do not not expect to win alot of games. 

Rex Ryan is a 1 track head coach. He didnt make half time adjustments here, especially on the offensive side of the ball. He's emotional to a fault and soon you'll get tired of the mouth piece and occasional tears he'll shed and you'll see what most of us have been talking about. 

The Bills will most likely have a respectable year this year, maybe even next but when its time for those draft picks that he's picked to begin filling in for those old vets you're going to watch first hand as your beloved bills erode from the inside out. Trust me. 

A Jet fan told you so. 

Its pretty hard to be a .500 coach when you are sabotaged by GM's. Tanny and then Izadick were both threatened by Rex and sabotaged him.

You forgot that Rex was sabotaged by his players too - when they found out he wasn't really, really, their friend and was just acting like he was - they only won 4 football games. 

Finally a New York Jets coach that preaches discipline. This proves to me that Bowles will be successful in his tenure as New York Jets head coach. Already he is demanding the most out of his players unlike the previous regime under Rex Ryan. I hope that Bowles really pushes this team to the limit of winning significantly.

If Rex Ryan was still here he would of gone easy on everyone and ended practice. Bowles made them do sprints which tells me that he is taking coaching very seriously. I can't wait for the beginning of the Bowles era because I believe it's not going to be disappointing which will be a relief and probably more winning seasons ahead.Thank goodness Bowles isn't into the predictions of Super Bowls during training camp like Rex Ryan was which ultimately made Rex a laughing stock in the NFL. It's Playoffs or Bust this season. Lets Go Jets! In Todd Bowles we trust!

Yeah Rex is pretty good at showing his old teams up...

I remember how he manhandled the Ravens all the times we played them  :biggrin:

If you weren't a Bills fan I would feel sorry for you....you really have no idea what the Bills signed up for 

Well so far,  we signed up for a coach that helped break a record for season tickets sales. There's also a sellout of all tickets with the exception of the Jets on January 3, 2016.On a personal note,  thank you for not feeling sorry for me.  I'm not a pitiful person by any stretch of the word.  Just a diehard fan.  

Rex is a very convincing salesman.  No doubt he can sell ice to an eskimo.  For the Bills org to have success with Ryan, you have to see through him and not let him engrain himself in all the moves the org makes.  Rex with the Jets was allowed some input and control over personnel because over time he wears you down to convince you he is smarter then everyone else (see jets wildcat).

As long as Whaley keeps Rex out of the draft room and deafens his ears to Rex asking for a specific player and stays the course surrounding Rex with vet talent and not young talent, the Bill will be fine if not very dangerous.  

Just don't let the Rex cancer spread throughout the org, if it can be contained and controlled it can be very dangerous for everyone else.  If it spreads its dangerous internally to the org.

edit:

"Rex briefly considered bringing Vick to Buffalo before deciding it really wasn't a good idea"

Why is Rex considering bringing Vick to Buff?  Thats the GMs job, not Rex's.  Its a slippery slope b/c he gets all buddy buddy with the GM and the GM eventually wears down control to Rex as they become best buds, just look at Tanny.

You never eat ice cream during the winter?  Just because eskimos have a lot of snow around them doesn't mean it's flavorful.  I'm sure eskimos appreciate a good ice cream every now and again.  Honestly, I don't know what you were thinking with this point.  Downvoted.

edit:

Doug Whaley is a pretty sharp man.  I am certain he can hold ground if he doesn't think a player will enhance our team.

Well so far,  we signed up for a coach that helped break a record for season tickets sales. There's also a sellout of all tickets with the exception of the Jets on January 3, 2016.On a personal note,  thank you for not feeling sorry for me.  I'm not a pitiful person by any stretch of the word.  Just a diehard fan.  

Yea he helped us sell some PSL's too.....but how do you as a fan directly benefit from this? 

You don't know what you signed up for on the field....nice try running away from that one. I see the trainwreck coming from a mile away and no QB on your roster can save you....

Archived