Jets vs Colts

kevinc855

I've said it alot. Luck is a good QB but he's in the softest division in the NFL and when they play a playoff caliber team or a team with a great defense the Colts offense struggle. 

The way the media loves Luck beating the Colts would certainly make the Jets the talk of the NFL especially on MNF and pushing a SB favorite team to 0-2 on the season. However, the truth is Luck isnt as good as we like to portray him because he doesnt consistently play against good teams or dominant defenses. 

Luck could go off and throw for 4 TD's, but he could also throw 3Int's. I am not scared of this dude. especially if TY Hilton ends up not playing next week. 

I've said it alot. Luck is a good QB but he's in the softest division in the NFL and when they play a playoff caliber team or a team with a great defense the Colts offense struggle. 

The way the media loves Luck beating the Colts would certainly make the Jets the talk of the NFL especially on MNF and pushing a SB favorite team to 0-2 on the season. However, the truth is Luck isnt as good as we like to portray him because he doesnt consistently play against good teams or dominant defenses. 

Luck could go off and throw for 4 TD's, but he could also throw 3Int's. I am not scared of this dude. especially if TY Hilton ends up not playing next week. 

I disagree. Luck took a crappy team to the afccg last year. Luck is very dsamn good, but on a bleah team. If we had luck on the jets Wed be a Superbowl favorite.

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk

I disagree. Luck took a crappy team to the afccg last year. Luck is very dsamn good, but on a bleah team. If we had luck on the jets Wed be a Superbowl favorite.

When all you have to do is beat a shameful Bengals team that never shows up in the playoffs at home to get to the AFCCG, I'm not that impressed. Luck is very good, but he has had the easiest road by far of any young quarterback in recent memory. There has been virtually no competition to the Colts in that division since he entered the league. They beat up on bad teams and rarely beat good ones. Paper tigers.  

With ty out, revis erasing andre johnson and zero running game, theres only one thing that can hurt us against the colts.

The dreaded tight end position.  The position we havent figured out how to cover in over a decade.  

If we can stop fleener/allen we win the game.  Maybe even win going away.

colts d is terrible.  We should be able to move the ball at will.

Also, they're stupid ******* idiots for prioritizing Andre Johnson and Frank Gore in FA, and drafting another WR... while ignoring that OL and defense. They're doing the same ridiculous sh*t they did to Peyton when they had him. Ignoring too much of the rest of the team.

This is a winnable game. Luck is a good QB, but the rest of that team really sucks. Run Ivory at them all day.

Ivory and Powell. I've been saying it a while, Powell is a good RB. He was extremely productive with is touches today. I love them as a tandem, because their skillsets are slightly different, but they are both physical. It's not the cliche bruiser and lightweight pairing. They can both punish tacklers.

Gore with a calf and TY with a knee both have an extra day of rest but could quite possibly be out. It'll be tough sledding for them if they're out

statement game for the dline and secondary.  Their oline struggled all preseason and again today.  Snacks, wilkerson, and Big cat need a big day...

however, pretending the colts aren't coming out on national TV like this is their super bowl is crazy.  This is a statement game for the colts who don't want to defend their AFC championship game runny starting 0-2.  We will get the best the colts have to offer.

jets need to keep it simple like the pats did last year in the title game...control both lines of scrimmage, pound the rock down their throats, and dominate their oline.

statement game for the dline and secondary.  Their oline struggled all preseason and again today.  Snacks, wilkerson, and Big cat need a big day...

however, pretending the colts aren't coming out on national TV like this is their super bowl is crazy.  This is a statement game for the colts who don't want to defend their AFC championship game runny starting 0-2.  We will get the best the colts have to offer.

jets need to keep it simple like the pats did last year in the title game...control both lines of scrimmage, pound the rock down their throats, and dominate their oline.

It's nice that our strengths match up well against their weaknesses. And their strength is the passing game...which happens to be pretty formidable to say the least. But yeah they're going to be on fire I'm sure

Colts have one of the worst rosters in the NFL. Luck makes them a good team. That said, TY might be hurt, I heard Andre looked washed up and their running game is still trash.

On defense they can't stop a nosebleed, (yes, inspired by Bart Scott) Mathis might not even play and they have one good CB. We match up well with them, and our defense is right up there with Buffalo's. If we cause turnovers and get our sh*t together on 3rd down defense, we can create a similar result to what we saw them go through today. We already know they can't stop Ivory. 

The Browns are a bad team, but they aren't a great match up for the Jets. Quick shifty WRs, QBs who can run, and strong in the trenches. The Colts are none of those things. Obviously Luck is a top 5 QB right now, and that can cover a lot of flaws, but the Jets should be a lot more competitive in this game than most of the national media will think

Many people disagree when it comes to criticizing the "golden boy". Luck beat the "Andy Dalton" led Bengals in the first round. Who doesnt beat the Bengals in the first round, really? Then he beat a Peyton Led Denver team that could only put up 13 pts because Peyton completely broke down for all to see that prior November. Mind you, in that Denver game Luck threw 2 TD's and 2INT's and only survived because Denver was missing their QB. Thats how he got to the AFCCG. It wasnt like he had to play the Ravens in the 1st or second round. 

Go back to his playoff games. The only impressive game was the KC game where they were beating Luck so bad that they basically shut it down at half time and Luck came back. He still threw 3INT's against a good defense. Baltimore his rookie year, no TD's, 1INT and barely completed half his passes. Pats his 2nd year he throws 4 INT's and completes less than half of his 40+ passes in that game. Pats last year he throws 2INT's and completes only 36% of his passes. 

You can fall for the typical "He took a crappy team to the AFCCG all you want, but he played a crappy team in the 1st round, played a Manningless team in the 2nd round which the would have lost if Manning was healthy, then got completely exposed in the AFCCG playing against a good defensive team. He got to the playoffs beating 3 crappy teams 6 times that year in his division...which is the story every year. 

Look at his performances, not AFCCG's because he beat a crappy playoff team and a team that didnt have their QB healthy to get beat down in the AFCCG by a solid team. So as stated, im not scared of this dude at all because he has proven that he will throw multiple picks and get rattled against a good defense. 

When all you have to do is beat a shameful Bengals team that never shows up in the playoffs at home to get to the AFCCG, I'm not that impressed. Luck is very good, but he has had the easiest road by far of any young quarterback in recent memory. There has been virtually no competition to the Colts in that division since he entered the league. They beat up on bad teams and rarely beat good ones. Paper tigers.  

Exactly. Its not like he has to take the Russell Wilson road playing the 49ers (before extraction of talent), Cardinals and Rams twice a year in the division before going to the playoffs and beating teams like Green Bay, 49ers, Denver (before the Manning breakdown) etc. 

Andrew Luck would be exposed if the Colts were still in the AFCE. People can talk about that team sucking all they want, that dude throws picks against good defenses every time. Luck had 5 game where he threw 2INT's in the reg season, those teams? Denver, Baltimore, Pitt, Cleveland & Dallas. The only team last year that has a good defense that he didnt throw a pick against was the same team that continuously chokes in the playoffs which was Cincy...the same team the entire AFC beats in the 1st round on the consistent basis. The Bengals are like the "Glass Joe" of the Playoffs. It would be hard NOT to beat Glass Joe. 

And for reminders, The last time Luck played the Jets he threw 2INT's 0TD's and they lost 35-9. 

I'm not so sure we can beat the colts.  Yesterday's win was nice, but the defense still concerns me. It certainly didn't FEEL like a 31-10 win, IMO. We got some breaks and finished them off, but the defense didn't look "lights out" by any means. 

A win against the colts on their Monday night home opener is going to require a much better effort from the defense. 

Don't want to be a party-pooper, but, based on yesterday's game, I don't think we can do to luck what the bills just did to him. 

My jets-fan-pessimism is just too damn annoying. My friends don't like watching the game with me. It's years and years of pain that I just can't let go. Does anyone know a good therapist?

Ivory and Powell. I've been saying it a while, Powell is a good RB. He was extremely productive with is touches today. I love them as a tandem, because their skillsets are slightly different, but they are both physical. It's not the cliche bruiser and lightweight pairing. They can both punish tacklers.

Thing I like about Powell is he becomes a little better every season.  Be it his training regime or just will to succeed it's noticeable.  The guy has become a very good back for us and don;t look know but looks like we may have a regime that knows how to use guys to the best of their potential.

I'm not so sure we can beat the colts.  Yesterday's win was nice, but the defense still concerns me. It certainly didn't FEEL like a 31-10 win, IMO. We got some breaks and finished them off, but the defense didn't look "lights out" by any means. 

A win against the colts on their Monday night home opener is going to require a much better effort from the defense. 

Don't want to be a party-pooper, but, based on yesterday's game, I don't think we can do to luck what the bills just did to him. 

My jets-fan-pessimism is just too damn annoying. My friends don't like watching the game with me. It's years and years of pain that I just can't let go. Does anyone know a good therapist?

Our defense may not have looked "lights out" but they created turnovers and nothing helps a team win like winning the turnover differential.  I think against the Colts soft defense we will once again win the turnover battle from what I saw yesterday.  This may be enough in this situation.   I do disagree that you need a therapist, you just need some wins.  "Winning cures all ills."

Thing I like about Powell is he becomes a little better every season.  Be it his training regime or just will to succeed it's noticeable.  The guy has become a very good back for us and don;t look know but looks like we may have a regime that knows how to use guys to the best of their potential.

Agreed.  His rookie year he couldn't catch, last year he had the best hands on the team for a RB.  he quickly worked on run blocking, and he has a little more burst than years past.  I think he'll always be a 'C' back, but he's reliable and does everything well.  I think he's a swiss army knife at RB that if he keeps his nose clean and plays special teams can make a niche for himself in the NFL.  

I know a therapist named Jack Daniels. And he's cheap. Only about $20 a session.

We saw two defenses on Sunday: first half and second half. I think the Jets cannot afford to start slow, as they did in this game. But the second half was pretty dominant by any account. Did you quit watching after the first half?

Archived