Fitzpatrick on the road... the #'s are scary

32EBoozer

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So funny how those of us who liked Fitz from the start told everyone exactly what could be expected from Fitz, and that he'd be better than Geno and Sanchez.  Now all of a sudden people are surprised that he looks competent. 

+1

Nice to have a QB with a brain for the first time since Favre left

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

That is mind boggling.  Why?  It should be easier to pass indoors.

Either way, the wins and losses were always the concern coming into the season with Fitz.  It's the most glaring blemish on his rather unspectacular journeyman resume.  That said, we should run the ball 30 times on Monday Night so hopefully, he'll just have to make enough plays to move the chains and not have to shoulder the load. 

The bottom line is, if the Jets are asking Fitz the throw the ball more than 25 times in that game, they're probably in trouble.  

It really is surprising, I was wondering if he just gets rattled by the volume in a dome?

The wins and losses didn't  bother me all that much in regards to Fitz because he's only a part of the big picture.  I feel like he's an adequate NFL QB and that's a huge upgrade for the Jets.

Agreed 100%...Jets CB's should be able to lock down the Colts receivers and run defense is stout.  Even if there's no scoring early on, keep feeding Ivory to break down the Colts defense and get some scores late in the game.

Like last week, the game really comes down to the performances of the defense and the running game more than the QB. If the Jets can contain Luck on defense -maybe force a couple more of those turnovers- and the RBs can keep him off the field otherwise, the team will be in good shape. If Fitz is in a shootout with Luck, they're probably not. 

Based on what the Bills were able to do to Luck last week with a weaker secondary and clueless head coach, there's no reason why the Jets shouldn't be able to shut them down.  Great test for the Jets defense early on.

I was wondering the same thing.  CBs can break on the ducks faster?

Ivory is dinged (groin) so I think there is a decent chance that my Zac Stacy being active prediction comes true.

Possibly but I bet this isnt the case for most QB's (look at Brees for example) so who knows.

Agreed on Stacy.  I'd have Ivory, Powell, Stacy and T-Bo all active and ready to bash.

It really is surprising, I was wondering if he just gets rattled by the volume in a dome?

The wins and losses didn't  bother me all that much in regards to Fitz because he's only a part of the big picture.  I feel like he's an adequate NFL QB and that's a huge upgrade for the Jets.

Agreed 100%...Jets CB's should be able to lock down the Colts receivers and run defense is stout.  Even if there's no scoring early on, keep feeding Ivory to break down the Colts defense and get some scores late in the game.

This is one of those games if I'm Bowles, I do everything I can to make it ugly.  I feel like with the Jets D and running game, they should be able to come out in winning fashion in those types of dog fights. 

Horrendous record, WOW.  It's hard to ignore stats like that but I am one of those guys that likes to look forward.  He's has a pretty good offense and very good defense. Let's see how he does Monday.  If we lose then hopefully it's not because he lost the game.  

Based on what the Bills were able to do to Luck last week with a weaker secondary and clueless head coach, there's no reason why the Jets shouldn't be able to shut them down.  Great test for the Jets defense early on.

Absolutely Rex was worse then Kotite the only Jet HC that was worse was HOF'er  Weeb who only had 3 winning seasons in 11 years as Jet HC..And he had a HOF QB for 9 of them..:P

Absolutely Rex was worse then Kotite the only Jet HC that was worse was HOF'er  Weeb who only had 3 winning seasons in 11 years as Jet HC..And he had a HOF QB for 9 of them..:P

You know, you don't have rush in and respond to every single anti-Rex post.  Especially seeing as he's on a rival division team now. 

So what I'm hearing is - Fitz is the ONLY reason we win or lose? Apparently all those other teams he was on were so ******* good that they lost ONLY because he sh*t the bed. Interesting.

well there's only 21 other starters plus backups who sub in but it's all Harvard-boys fault

You know, you don't have rush in and respond to every single anti-Rex post.  Especially seeing as he's on a rival division team now. 

So let me understand every anti Rex post is fine but even when I say he's worse then Kotite you still complain?? Here's a idea for you don't pay attention to my posts use the ignore feature..:)

So let me understand every anti Rex post is fine but even when I say he's worse then Kotite you still complain?? Here's a idea for you don't pay attention to my posts use the ignore feature..:)

I didn't read your content.  I just know you respond to every single anti-Rex post like its your job.  It gets old.  We get it, you still like him, and hate when people are hard on him.  Find a new hobby.

I didn't read your content.  I just know you respond to every single anti-Rex post like its your job.  It gets old.  We get it, you still like him, and hate when people are hard on him.  Find a new hobby.

Or you haters could find a new hobby and stick to current team problems.. But that would be unfair because I believe the Rex haters have every right to slam him anytime they want.. It's the haters that want me to stop..LOL Who has the thin skin??

Or you haters could find a new hobby and stick to current team problems.. But that would be unfair because I believe the Rex haters have every right to slam him anytime they want.. It's the haters that want me to stop..LOL Who has the thin skin??

Which of the haters brought up Rex in this thread?

Archived