The most dangerous team in the NFL...

Villain The Foe

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the Arizona Cardinals. They are just dismantling teams with their offense. They're just blowing teams out of the building at will. Bruce Arians may be the best coach in the NFL right now. 

Honorable mention: Bengals. Got to give credit to Andy Dalton. This guy is playing like an MVP candidate. Who the hell would have thought. 

This has been a very exciting NFL season I must admit. 

Oh, and **** Tom Brady :-)

Yep easily the Cardinals . Very good on both sides of the ball.

Also people in here mentioned the Rams who were my sleeper pick to do something big. They Just have not put it together yet. I think they will at some point very tough Division minus the now crappy Niners.

Lots of people are talking up the Jets now as well :)

Denver's defense is legit, once the offense gets going that team is going to be scary good. Denver/Green Bay super bowl 

Yeah, because Peyton Mannig IS Mr December. ;)

I think that should be IF the offense gets going ... things right now may be as good as it gets for them.

Denver's defense is legit, once the offense gets going that team is going to be scary good. Denver/Green Bay super bowl 

Kubiak has a different philosophy than Peyton is used too. Peyton called most of his plays and did what he pleased mostly throwing the football. Kubiak wants to run the ball and play a more ball control type offense so that means Peyton may not be in a rhythm since he's not throwing the ball as mush as in the past so its not really about "getting going". QB's on running teams can find it hard to just turn it on if their team falls behind. Players like Manning and Brees  throw the ball way too much but its also the reason they have better timing with their receivers. Notice Peyton's comp percentage and TD's have gone down ? because he's not in that throw every down rhythm. Since they are winning due to this philosophy you wont see Manning and Kubiak butt heads but I would not doubt if the difference in philosophy gets Manning to the SB.  If he can get past the Jets, Cincy, and the Pats. Most dangerous team in this bunch is the Jets because they can shut down both the pass and the run.

Throwing a lot and scoring fast also puts a ton of pressure on the defense, its why high scoring teams usually give up a lot of points then have major issue when they face a very tough defense in the playoffs. Teams like this usually have a very hard time stopping teams in the 4th quarter. IMO its the main reason why Peyton Manning does not have more SB's.

Is the Arizona Cardinals. They are just dismantling teams with their offense. They're just blowing teams out of the building at will. Bruce Arians may be the best coach in the NFL right now. 

Honorable mention: Bengals. Got to give credit to Andy Dalton. This guy is playing like an MVP candidate. Who the hell would have thought. 

This has been a very exciting NFL season I must admit. 

Oh, and **** Tom Brady :-)

I forgot, so you need to remind me...  in which upcoming game will Carson Palmer get injured and be out for the rest of the season?

The Cards fate rests with the answer to this question.

I forgot, so you need to remind me...  in which upcoming game will Carson Palmer get injured and be out for the rest of the season?

The Cards fate rests with the answer to this question.

We'll have to take it one week at a time. I'll say this though, the league will be wishing upon that day because if it doesnt come I really feel sorry for the Cardinals opponent. 

Cardinals offensive line is making that entire offensive unit very special.  Chris Johnson looks like a young man out there.  Andre Ellington just came back from an injury and took a carry 63 yards to the house.  David Johnson ran for 2 TD's yesterday also.  That 3-headed monster is making Carson Palmer's job easy out there.

They lost last week to st.louis. i don know if they are that dangerous. Even the Bengals...they cant win a playoff game..

Yea, this is pretty much the party line for Pats fans... there's an excuse to excuse every team from being seen as a competitor.

Your defense sucks. Check the history of your team's success in the playoffs with a sh*tty defense. 

Then stop talking.

I love Arians. I love the way Arizona plays. My concern with them is that they are so aggressive that at some point they will have an off day and turnover the ball. That could happen in the playoffs. But they play with no fear and no letup.

If we had fired the blowhard when we should have, maybe Arians is our coach now instead of at Arizona. That said, I am very encouraged by Bowles so far, though I am worried about us once again being too conservative on offense,

knowshon moreno, edgerrin james, joseph addai, even CJ Anderson from last year. Do you not watch football?

all good backs and Edge may be a HOFer.  I watch plenty of football and it always cracks me up how people credit Peyton manning w/ "making" talented players around him as if he hasn't had the most talent of any QB to work with in this era.

knowshon moreno, edgerrin james, joseph addai, even CJ Anderson from last year. Do you not watch football?

Moreno, James and Addai were all first-round RBs. So was Marshall Faulk.

The Denver OL made Anderson last year. Not Peyton. In fact, Anderson and their OL thrived towards the end of the year when Peyton specifically could not carry the offense anymore.

In order:

- Packers - ARod, Lacey, and a much better defense. Already have three games under tough opponents under their belt
- Patriots - Gronk, Brady, Cheating. Haven't really played a tough opponent except the Bills yet, but they've thoroughly dismantled the teams they have played. 
- Broncos - Dat defense....damn. Also, other than the Packers, they've played the most quality schedule, and are 5-0. Also, Peyton. I don't care about his arm strength. That isn't his biggest issue. The OL is. I'm thinking they'll get that strengthened as the season wears on. 
- Cardinals - Bruce Arians is the best HC in football, and has been for 3 out of 4 years (Including his interim job when Pagano was out). I'd just like to see them play a quality opponent before I get giddy about them. 

Bengals and Falcons are both 5-0, and there's no way you can fault them for being that. I just don't find them "scary" the way I do the others. 

all good backs and Edge may be a HOFer.  I watch plenty of football and it always cracks me up how people credit Peyton manning w/ "making" talented players around him as if he hasn't had the most talent of any QB to work with in this era.

if you look at James' stats they fall off a cliff after he left Indy, he was never able to crack 4ypc again, addai was not a great back but did well with manning as well. Great QB's take the pressure off the backs to produce since the D can't sell out to stop the run

Moreno, James and Addai were all first-round RBs. So was Marshall Faulk.

The Denver OL made Anderson last year. Not Peyton. In fact, Anderson and their OL thrived towards the end of the year when Peyton specifically could not carry the offense anymore.

I didn't include Faulk, but okay since you brought it up how did Moreno, James and addai do once they left a manning offense? In 2001 when James got injured backup RB Dominic Rhodes was able to step in and the running game didn't skip a beat (4.7 ypc). If you insist the Denver OL was responsible for the running game success last year then I'm sure you also noticed that it took about 8 games for that OL to start really playing well

Yea, this is pretty much the party line for Pats fans... there's an excuse to excuse every team from being seen as a competitor.

Your defense sucks. Check the history of your team's success in the playoffs with a sh*tty defense. 

Then stop talking.

You sound insecure. Cause at no point did i ever mentioned anything in this thread about the pats. My post had nothing to do with the pats more to do with (as i said) it's too early to be considering ANY TEAM MOST dangerous, including the patriots.

yea, thank you!

PS:

and for the sake of your patriots comment. They met the giants for the 2nd time in the SB with a sh*tty defense. Still I wouldn't consider any team Most dangerous yet.

if you look at James' stats they fall off a cliff after he left Indy, he was never able to crack 4ypc again, addai was not a great back but did well with manning as well. Great QB's take the pressure off the backs to produce since the D can't sell out to stop the run

3 of his last 4 years w/ Peyton he averaged 3.6, 4.1 and 4.2 YPC, in AZ he averaged 3.4, 3.8 and 3.9.  not a huge difference and he was older and breaking down at that point.

I didn't include Faulk, but okay since you brought it up how did Moreno, James and addai do once they left a manning offense? In 2001 when James got injured backup RB Dominic Rhodes was able to step in and the running game didn't skip a beat (4.7 ypc). If you insist the Denver OL was responsible for the running game success last year then I'm sure you also noticed that it took about 8 games for that OL to start really playing well

Moreno 2009-2011 pre Manning in Denver: 466-1905, 4.1 YPC

Moreno 2012-2013 w/ Manning in Denver: 380-1563, 4.1 YPC

and in limited action before he got hurt last year in Miami was averaging 4.8 YPC

Addai: 2 of his last 3 years w/ Peyton he averaged 3.5 and 3.8 YPC, in 2011 when the team tanked for Luck he averaged 3.7.

Rhodes w/ Manning: 4.0 YPC

Rhodes w/o Manning: 4.0 YPC

by the way, Rhodes, Addai and that Colts D were all most responsible for finally getting Peyton a ring in that 2006 postseason.

3 of his last 4 years w/ Peyton he averaged 3.6, 4.1 and 4.2 YPC, in AZ he averaged 3.4, 3.8 and 3.9.  not a huge difference and he was older and breaking down at that point.

Moreno 2009-2011 pre Manning in Denver: 466-1905, 4.1 YPC

Moreno 2012-2013 w/ Manning in Denver: 380-1563, 4.1 YPC

and in limited action before he got hurt last year in Miami was averaging 4.8 YPC

Addai: 2 of his last 3 years w/ Peyton he averaged 3.5 and 3.8 YPC, in 2011 when the team tanked for Luck he averaged 3.7.

Rhodes w/ Manning: 4.0 YPC

Rhodes w/o Manning: 4.0 YPC

by the way, Rhodes, Addai and that Colts D were all most responsible for finally getting Peyton a ring in that 2006 postseason.

all your stats with Rhodes are based on change of pace carries. The only other 2 seasons where he had 150+ attempts he averaged 3.4 & 3.5 ypc. He was a career backup

Archived