Jets wearing White Jerseys, Green Pants against Skins

Jetsfanri

The only loss came when they went white on white, which is my favorite uniform... however, I like winning more than anything else. So, if the team is superstitious and wants to roll with what works... go for it. 

Just win.

The only loss came when they went white on white, which is my favorite uniform... however, I like winning more than anything else. So, if the team is superstitious and wants to roll with what works... go for it. 

Just win.

White on white will forever be our best uni. Can't get more classic than that. 

Jeez Louise those green pants look awful... White on white rocks.

I don't understand why they can't do an early 80s throwback...that would be sweet, IMO. 

Also...I don't want to mess with my beloved teams colors but there is a part of me that wouldn't  mind seeing a uniform change that is totally out of the box with color scheme and design.  

I always thought some type of military jet on the helmet going from front to back ala michigan wolverine helmet would be cool... 

I always wondered if the green jerseys were harder for a QB to see - even if only a little bit - against the green turf (especially back when we also wore green helmets). I remember it being discussed a lot some years ago because Testaverde was colorblind. Him aside, while I'm sure Fitzpatrick or any QB can certainly see our receivers, they have to be easier to see in the white jerseys. At least we wear white helmets. Flip side, of course, is the opposite is easier/harder to see for the other team when we're on defense.

I always wondered if the green jerseys were harder for a QB to see - even if only a little bit - against the green turf (especially back when we also wore green helmets). I remember it being discussed a lot some years ago because Testaverde was colorblind. Him aside, while I'm sure Fitzpatrick or any QB can certainly see our receivers, they have to be easier to see in the white jerseys. At least we wear white helmets. Flip side, of course, is the opposite is easier/harder to see for the other team when we're on defense.

That was the reason Parcells gave for switching to the white helmets. So far it hasn't seemed to help. I'm sure they've run the statistics on white vs colored jerseys.

I don't remember ever noticing the white jersey with green pants, but I'd like it if we switched between that and white on white.

Especially nowadays with the multicolored puke green Nike jerseys. I don't know why the Jets don't do something about that. Shouldn't the jerseys match the logo?

always remember someone saying, think it was Weeb, that the white helmets made it easier for QB to pick out his guys from others

always remember someone saying, think it was Weeb, that the white helmets made it easier for QB to pick out his guys from others

our QBs threw a lot of INTs in those days and in the last few years so I don't think that was a scientific explanation by Weeb. 

Just say no to pickle pants

Pickle pants are one thing, and of course I support Breast Cancer Awareness, but Pink socks?

If you thought the Browns orange clashed with the Jets green uniforms in Week 1, just you wait for this Sunday when the Redskins wear their burgundy and yellow against our green and pink.  At least if I were watching it on TV I could go from color to black & white.

SAR I

Just win.

This.

I love the all-white uniforms, but they've won each time they've worn the white jersey/green pants combo. Stick with what works. 

Archived