Stevan Ridley chance he plays Sunday

joewilly12

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought stacy looked better than powell last week after powell hurt his ankle.

I think ridley will basically be a 4th option/depth for injuries

pats have a soft run defense so whoever we stick back there is going to be effective.  Belichick can't stick 8 in the box either because we'll have Decker, Marshall and Kerley split wide.  Malcolm Butler can't handle Marshall one on one and Ryan definitely can't handle Decker.

Some of you guys are crazy. If & that's a big if Ridley is 100% & close to what he was with New England he's way better than Powell & Stacy.

Ridleys issue with the Pats was his penchant to fight for yardage & end up fumbling. Belichick stuck him on the bench for fumbling. Ridleys a very tough runner between the tackles which in combination with Ivory wearing teams out in the 1st half could be a seriously tough combo of RBs.

Especially when Ivory breaks a long run or needs a breather, your still putting a guy out there that can break tackles & punish people a little. It's all about his health. If healthy, best 2 RB combination at the end of the year after the Bengal boys.

Some of you guys are crazy. If & that's a big if Ridley is 100% & close to what he was with New England he's way better than Powell & Stacy.

Ridleys issue with the Pats was his penchant to fight for yardage & end up fumbling. Belichick stuck him on the bench for fumbling. Ridleys a very tough runner between the tackles which in combination with Ivory wearing teams out in the 1st half could be a seriously tough combo of RBs.

Especially when Ivory breaks a long run or needs a breather, your still putting a guy out there that can break tackles & punish people a little. It's all about his health. If healthy, best 2 RB combination at the end of the year after the Bengal boys.

I saw Ridley when he was with the pats his ball handling was sloppy that's why he fumbled the underinflated balls not because he was fighting for yardage if that's the case Ivory should be fumbling every other carry.

I do think he's insanely motivated to get revenge on Belichick however

I saw Ridley when he was with the pats his ball handling was sloppy that's why he fumbled the underinflated balls not because he was fighting for yardage if that's the case Ivory should be fumbling every other carry.

I do think he's insanely motivated to get revenge on Belichick however

Sorry, don't agree. Sure he's a some just flat out fumbles but I've seen him fumble trying to gain yardage & I've seen helmet on ball fumbles. I live in NH & have seen every Pats game. 

pats have a soft run defense so whoever we stick back there is going to be effective.  Belichick can't stick 8 in the box either because we'll have Decker, Marshall and Kerley split wide.  Malcolm Butler can't handle Marshall one on one and Ryan definitely can't handle Decker.

this.

Their defense has zero people that match up with our weapons.  Antonio Brown torched Butler opening day, literally Butler peed himself that game in front of the nation...I kind of remember this undrafted rookie in the super bowl pissing all over butler too until the INT...and that's their best CB.  He has no shot vs Marshall...none.  but he will be 1:1 with Marshall all day, which is like having a lay-up every time we want to throw.  

DeAngelo williams ripped them for 127 opening day...I expect Ivory to get 150 and 1-2Tds easy.

People keep talking about how our #1 d can stop their passing game...but I would ask, who on that d isn't going to crap their pants sunday?  They may come into the gaMe confident, but by halftime will be kneeling in front of Brady as an entire defensive unit screaming save us save us we have no answers.

I have no concerns with their defense.  It's like playing the Jags this wek for our offense.  I have more concerns with the Titans defense down the road than either game against the Pats.  The pats defense will be one of the weaker ones we face all season.

I thought stacy looked better than powell last week after powell hurt his ankle.

I think ridley will basically be a 4th option/depth for injuries

Exactly.  I was going to say...Powell has been dinged.  That is why we are seeing more Stacy and presumably why Powell has been looking worse than usual.  Powell's ankle may be why we are hearing so much Ridley chatter.  I think Ridley will be higher up the depth chart by the end, but I assume that is where he is starting out.

this.

Their defense has zero people that match up with our weapons.  Antonio Brown torched Butler opening day, literally Butler peed himself that game in front of the nation...I kind of remember this undrafted rookie in the super bowl pissing all over butler too until the INT...and that's their best CB.  He has no shot vs Marshall...none.  but he will be 1:1 with Marshall all day, which is like having a lay-up every time we want to throw. 

Literally peed himself?  Was this on the Sportscenter Not Top 10 and I missed it?

When he got to start 12 games in 2012 he had 290 carries 1263 yds 12 tds and avg 4.4 ypc so yeah he is better..

Even though I like Powell I don't think he could put up those kind of numbers.  Plus, it seems like Powell has been dinged all year.  If Ridley is ready I wouldn't mind seeing him get 10 touches or so. 

Well,  he was better in 2012.

Well, he's not 100%, and not full speed, and not in game shape...but mentally I think he's ready and that's why he has a shot at playing.  I agree we will not be watching the 2012 Ridley, but I do think there is more talent there than Powell.  Not sure on Stacy, he might be similar to him to be honest.  Stacy was an animal at times for the Rams...just like Ridley was an animal at times for the Pats.  I do think emotionally you will see a guy who explodes through holes and into players and we do run a good system for his skill sets.

this.

DeAngelo williams ripped them for 127 opening day...I expect Ivory to get 150 and 1-2Tds easy.

People keep talking about how our #1 d can stop their passing game...but I would ask, who on that d isn't going to crap their pants sunday?  They may come into the gaMe confident, but by halftime will be kneeling in front of Brady as an entire defensive unit screaming save us save us we have no answers.

I have no concerns with their defense.  It's like playing the Jags this wek for our offense.  I have more concerns with the Titans defense down the road than either game against the Pats.  The pats defense will be one of the weaker ones we face all season.

Rex? is that you?

Guys, can we beat them first? I'm sorry, this has been a great season so far, but we're not there yet. Unless Brady goes down in the first quarter, we're not winning up there. Please level set your expectations. Fitzpatrick is still very susceptible to making bad decisions, and this game is going to rely very heavily on his performance.

Rex? is that you?

Guys, can we beat them first? I'm sorry, this has been a great season so far, but we're not there yet. Unless Brady goes down in the first quarter, we're not winning up there. Please level set your expectations. Fitzpatrick is still very susceptible to making bad decisions, and this game is going to rely very heavily on his performance.

Then dont watch the game since you already know what's going to happen.  Sorry if I am the only fan not scared of the Patriots...and I dont care where we play them.  You go through life rooting scared.  That isnt me.

Well, he's not 100%, and not full speed, and not in game shape...but mentally I think he's ready and that's why he has a shot at playing.  I agree we will not be watching the 2012 Ridley, but I do think there is more talent there than Powell.  Not sure on Stacy, he might be similar to him to be honest.  Stacy was an animal at times for the Rams...just like Ridley was an animal at times for the Pats.  I do think emotionally you will see a guy who explodes through holes and into players and we do run a good system for his skill sets.

We don't know it won't be 2012 Ridley... he could be better now that he has had to focus on studying and getting stronger.

We don't know it won't be 2012 Ridley... he could be better now that he has had to focus on studying and getting stronger.

My comment was based on Bowles saying yesterday he doesn't look full speed...so I am guessing he isn't 100% yet, in terms of shaking off the rust.  Im not saying he cant be better...but like Sheldon each week, I think he will get better over time as he gets more and more full speed reps.

My comment was based on Bowles saying yesterday he doesn't look full speed...so I am guessing he isn't 100% yet, in terms of shaking off the rust.  Im not saying he cant be better...but like Sheldon each week, I think he will get better over time as he gets more and more full speed reps.

Bowles is the type of guy that is going to say that even if he is at 150% speed. I wouldn't read too much into that.

Then dont watch the game since you already know what's going to happen.  Sorry if I am the only fan not scared of the Patriots...and I dont care where we play them.  You go through life rooting scared.  That isnt me.

+10000000000000000000000000  Some of these folks are pathetic.  You are not the only fan not scared.  **** the Patriots; win or lose I know Bowles will have these guys ready to go and  I personally like our chances.   

Rex? is that you?

Really? Why do you watch the games? The Pats have injuries up & down their Oline, looks like all of our secondary will be in play & we have both Decker & Ivory at full health, unlike when they didn't play in our only loss.

+10000000000000000000000000  Some of these folks are pathetic.  You are not the only fan not scared.  **** the Patriots; win or lose I know Bowles will have these guys ready to go and  I personally like our chances.   

There's nothing unrealistic about not thumping my chest and guaranteeing a victory in Foxboro, which is what was happening with some here. There is a lot of positive to look at with this version of the Jets, but still a lot remains to overcome to be considered the class of the division. Beat them and beat them again and I'll be happily convinced. Until then, I understand clearly that they have the edge.

Bowles is the type of guy that is going to say that even if he is at 150% speed. I wouldn't read too much into that.

It's funny they are saying he could play but they don't know, that he isn't at full burst ect., hopefully it's gamesmanship & they unleash him in the 2nd half if they bring him to Foxboro. 

Really? Why do you watch the games? The Pats have injuries up & down their Oline, looks like all of our secondary will be in play & we have both Decker & Ivory at full health, unlike when they didn't play in our only loss.

I watch the games. For years. And they always seem to overcome those o-line injuries. Wonder why that is.

Do watch the games? How hard is it to win on the road? Against any team, let alone the champs? In a league specifically designed to make the QB position an overwhelming deciding factor in the outcomes, how does Fitz stack up against Brady? 

If you're saying we're easily going to beat the best team in the AFC in their house that we'll also beat them at home? If that's true, are we going to run the table and go 15-1?

There's nothing unrealistic about not thumping my chest and guaranteeing a victory in Foxboro, which is what was happening with some here. There is a lot of positive to look at with this version of the Jets, but still a lot remains to overcome to be considered the class of the division. Beat them and beat them again and I'll be happily convinced. Until then, I understand clearly that they have the edge.

Find one post where this is happening....I call bullsh1t...

I watch the games. For years. And they always seem to overcome those o-line injuries. Wonder why that is.

Do watch the games? How hard is it to win on the road? Against any team, let alone the champs? In a league specifically designed to make the QB position an overwhelming deciding factor in the outcomes, how does Fitz stack up against Brady? 

If you're saying we're easily going to beat the best team in the AFC in their house that we'll also beat them at home? If that's true, are we going to run the table and go 15-1?

Who said "easily?" I haven't seen anyone writing that. What most of us are saying is we can go in there & take care of business if they play well. Even if we lose I think our upside going forward is even better & we'll beat them at MetLife. The Pats are like every team in the league who will face injuries. Right now it's their Oline, but their secondary depth could really be challenged if they have a rash of injuries there like we did last year. Butler or McCourty go down they are in DEEP SH*T!

Who said "easily?" I haven't seen anyone writing that. What most of us are saying is we can go in there & take care of business if they play well. Even if we lose I think our upside going forward is even better & we'll beat them at MetLife. The Pats are like every team in the league who will face injuries. Right now it's their Oline, but their secondary depth could really be challenged if they have a rash of injuries there like we did last year. Butler or McCourty go down they are in DEEP SH*T!

I think we beat them at home too. I'll be surprised though this weekend if Firz can play a mistake-free game that we need him to have, As far as injuries, my position on that team is that they will continue to overcome injuries on the o-line (quick pass game) and secondary (will outscore you). Until such day that Brady and/or Gronk are down, they most certainly are not in deep anything.

Exactly. Bowles could just be Belichicking Belichick. He put Brandon Marshall on the injury report earlier this week. LOL

How is Ridley's ability to pick up the blitz? That's a big part of Powell's game that could be missing on 3rd downs if Powell is out.

Ridley could have been active Sunday, as a complementary back to Chris Ivory. Ridley hasn't played since he tore his ACL and MCL in a game last October. But the Jets opted to give Ridley at least another week to rehab. 

The Jets won't have running back Bilal Powell (sprained ankle) for Sunday's game. Zac Stacy is their only other tailback. Ridley, when 100 percent, seems to be the Jets' best back besides Ivory.

Archived