un-called offensive holding is at epidemic highs this week

ylekram

I saw I saw our defensive lineman pulled down by the neck all day.  Obviously Pats online was told to hold every play dating the refs to call it.  The no Fallon the pi in the end zone was pathetic.  Grabbing the arm of the receiver should always be called.

The announcers said it was incredible coverage lol.

luckily I was at a bar and the skins game sound was on.  I may have had to pay for a tv if not.  

it was ugly, aside from them praising just about every play the Patriots made (Including a few that should have been clear flags) they also made a lot of comments like "that play took the air right out of the ball" or "they really deflated the offense there" they even once said "He is like a cheetah" when referring to a Brady scramble. They were honestly one of the most obnoxious pairs of announcers I have heard.

It was the worst I have ever seen. There were at least 3 blatant PI's right in front of an official that could have changed the outcome of the game, and at least 15 blatant holding calls that were ignored. 

When you watch these games, its not incompetence, its starting to be pretty clear what the NFL is doing. They are clearly controlling these games via the flag or lack there of. 

Pats are very good, but we should have won that game, even with the mistakes and what I thought was an overly conservative approach to this game. It was FKNG BS!

I saw I saw our defensive lineman pulled down by the neck all day.  Obviously Pats online was told to hold every play dating the refs to call it.  The no Fallon the pi in the end zone was pathetic.  Grabbing the arm of the receiver should always be called.

This. They were holding on every play. How do you counter that?

The Patriots hold, and that is no secret. It is also no secret that the refs never call it, especially in Foxboro. But really, the Jets needed to find a way to send some clean blitzers and never did. Brady gets rid of the ball so quickly that the Pats don't even really need to hold very often. Jets lost this game on their own merit. The Jets took possession in the first half trailing 13-10 at the 19 with two minutes left and all their timeouts and they let at least 45 seconds run off the clock before they threw incomplete on third down and punted. That is where the game was lost because it showed the Pats that they were dealing with a new head coach in over his head. Marshall dropping the TD pass hurt badly because the Pats scored a TD, but would haven needed a two pointer to tie it. Plus the Jets would have needed just a FG to tie at the end. Can't blame it all on Pats holding, which is a judgement call.

I can't even explain it. What is it going to take for this nonsense to stop? It's blatant. The Jets lost this game, and you can't pin it on this, but Jesus Christ. At least make it less obvious that you're tipping the scales.

some people I know think the nfl is fixed. Sometimes I wonder.

I wonder if you were able to see the pick plays and the offensive holding the Jets got away with all game long.

Seriously guys...

The Pats beat the Jets handily today.  This is what the Pats do.  It wasn't the refs, it wasn't a conspiracy.  While the Jets defense is a quality defense it's not a great one and the offense simply isn't good enough to put up 30+ points on this team.

Look, the Jets are a good team but they lost to a better team today.  The Pats do this to everyone....It's almost impossible to stop Brady in the last 8 minutes or so.  You need an explosive offense that can keep up with them.  The Jets aren't that.

I wonder if you were able to see the pick plays and the offensive holding the Jets got away with all game long.

the announcers point out one pick play during the game, and pats fans leap all over it. suddenly, its "all game long" and they wouldn't know what a pick play was until someone pointed it out to him.lol

Seriously guys...

The Pats beat the Jets handily today.  This is what the Pats do.  It wasn't the refs, it wasn't a conspiracy.  While the Jets defense is a quality defense it's not a great one and the offense simply isn't good enough to put up 30+ points on this team.

Look, the Jets are a good team but they lost to a better team today.  The Pats do this to everyone....It's almost impossible to stop Brady in the last 8 minutes or so.  You need an explosive offense that can keep up with them.  The Jets aren't that.

hey Fidelio, stay on topic here. yes. we get what your saying. we really do. this thread is about the blatant no call choke holds that go on every game in Foxboro, not whether the jets are better than the pats

hey Fidelio, stay on topic here. yes. we get what your saying. we really do. this thread is about the blatant no call choke holds that go on every game in Foxboro, not whether the jets are better than the pats

I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were the topic police.  

It's about a whiny fan base that looks for excuses every time we lose.  It's not a matter of holding, it's a matter of losing to a better team.  

Every team holds and every teams gets away with it now, the league wants scoring and protects the QB's.  Yes, it's frustrating as hell watching Brady march down the field, but it's not because of lack of holding calls...

I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were the topic police.  

It's about a whiny fan base that looks for excuses every time we lose.  It's not a matter of holding, it's a matter of losing to a better team.  

Every team holds and every teams gets away with it now, the league wants scoring and protects the QB's.  Yes, it's frustrating as hell watching Brady march down the field, but it's not because of lack of holding calls...

topic police? there are 10 different threads going on about why the jets lost. this isn't one of them. if you saw normal, everyday holding going on in this game, you know less about football than I thought you did. and in every thread like this, in comes a whiner to whine about people whinning about the no calls. stick to the " pats won because they are a better team" threads or the "that's what tom brady does and there is nothing you could do to stop him" threads. you will do well in those

topic police? there are 10 different threads going on about why the jets lost. this isn't one of them. if you saw normal, everyday holding going on in this game, you know less about football than I thought you did. and in every thread like this, in comes a whiner to whine about people whinning about the no calls. stick to the " pats won because they are a better team" threads or the "that's what tom brady does and there is nothing you could do to stop him" threads. you will do well in those

they were normal everyday holding calls..

You may not like it but that's the way the NFL is called now.  Every time we play the Pats there's this same thread.   it's not just this game, it's just noticed more because Brady makes you pay for it. 

Seriously guys...

Handily? Handily? The game hung on a few plays in the 4th quarter. A 3rd and 17 play, a Marshall drop in end zone, a Brady strip sack fumble that was kicked back to him.

The Pastys beat the Jets by 7 today but it was not handily done.

Handily? Handily? The game hung on a few plays in the 4th quarter. A 3rd and 17 play, a Marshall drop in end zone, a Brady strip sack fumble that was kicked back to him.

The Pastys beat the Jets by 7 today but it was not handily done.

Then you doh't watch the Pats very often.

This is what they do.  They had this game entirely under control...

they were normal everyday holding calls..

You may not like it but that's the way the NFL is called now.  Every time we play the Pats there's this same thread.   it's not just this game, it's just noticed more because Brady makes you pay for it. 

Fidelio, you are looking like a fool right now. trust me, I know. I have been there

I thought I saw a few that looked very sketchy, but its very rare to see holding penalties called when the ball is coming out so quickly.  Like 2seconds or less.  Its usually called on those long developing drop backs where you can really see something blatant.

Just the way it is really and pretty standard around the league.

Archived