The Jets History in Oakland

nyjunc

I realize this team has nothing to do w/ teams of the past but we have had a terrible history in Oakland since we became the Jets.  Let's take a look:

October 20, 1963 L New York Jets @ Oakland Raiders 26 49 boxscore
November 22, 1964 L New York Jets @ Oakland Raiders 26 35 boxscore
December 12, 1965 L New York Jets @ Oakland Raiders 14 24 boxscore
December 3, 1966 T New York Jets @ Oakland Raiders 28 28 boxscore
December 17, 1967 L New York Jets @ Oakland Raiders 29 38 boxscore
November 17, 1968 L New York Jets @ Oakland Raiders 32 43 boxscore
December 11, 1972 L New York Jets @ Oakland Raiders 16 24 boxscore
October 24, 1999 L New York Jets @ Oakland Raiders 23 24 boxscore
December 10, 2000 L New York Jets @ Oakland Raiders 7 31 boxscore
January 6, 2002 W New York Jets @ Oakland Raiders 24 22 boxscore
**January 12, 2002 L New York Jets @ Oakland Raiders 24 38 boxscore
December 2, 2002 L New York Jets @ Oakland Raiders 20 26 boxscore
**January 12, 2003 L New York Jets @ Oakland Raiders 10 30 boxscore
November 9, 2003 W New York Jets @ Oakland Raiders 27 24 boxscore
October 19, 2008 L New York Jets @ Oakland Raiders 13 16 boxscore
October 25, 2009 W New York Jets @ Oakland Raiders 38 0 boxscore
September 25, 2011 L New York Jets @ Oakland Raiders 24 34 boxscore

we are 3-13-1 in Oakland.

The 3 wins:

week 17 of the 2001 season in January of 2002 needing a win to reach the playoffs Vinny led a great last minute drive and John hall kicked a 53 yd FG for the win to make the playoffs but the celebration was short as we had to fly back to Oakland a week later and we got beat.

a_hall_i.jpg

Win #2 came in the 2003 season.  Oakland was on their way to a decade plus of bad football and we took a step back w/ Chad missing the early part of the season.  this was the game Oak ran it down our throats, I think they ran it 19 straight times on a TD drive BUT trailing 24-16 late Chad led a TD drive and we tied it on the 2 pt conversion to send the game to OT where Doug Brien would win it.

2713014-doug-brien-of-the-new-york-jets-

The last one was in 2009, the famous Sanchez hot dog game.  we crushed them all day long, running all over them and shutting them out.

mark-sanchez-hot-dog-o.gif

Had a long stretch where it seemed like we had to fly out there every year.

I remember that playoff game like it was yesterday. Ugh, Charlie ******* Garner. Just ugh.

From '99-'03 we played there 7 times.  7 games in 5 years out there, crazy stretch.

Of course you are neglecting the time the Raiders were in LA. I don't know if geography makes much of a difference in that case.

Not neglecting, the discussion was about Oakland. we only played them in LA 3 times, we lost 2 of them though the biggest game we won(1982 2nd rd game).

Charlie Garner had like a million yards

not in that game, he had a big game against us in the 2001 wild card game where he sealed it late w/ an 80 yd run.

In the game where they had a million runs in a row he did very little.  they ran it a lot and it was effective one long drive but for the game their RBs:

Wheatley: 23-75, 3.3 YPC

Fargas: 16-62, 3.9 YPC

Crockett: 10-15, 1.5 YPC

Garner: 1-9

total: 50-161, 3.2 YPC

Why do I recall a game where they ran the ball like twenty straight times to start the game?

Because it happened.  As a Jets fan I can't recall a period of 20 minutes where I felt so disgusted in my life.  That was one of the most purposefully insulting drives ever, and Herm could do nothing to stop it.

Because it happened.  As a Jets fan I can't recall a period of 20 minutes where I felt so disgusted in my life.  That was one of the most purposefully insulting drives ever, and Herm could do nothing to stop it.

and yet we won the game.  herm's 2nd in Oakland and to that point the only 2 wins in Oakland we ever had(now we have a whopping 3).

When was the game the Jets had momentum going and the Raiders stopped the game to honor Tim Brown?

attention all jet nation posters.  this wretch is only here to bump up his miserable self esteem by giving us the needle to see who will bite

who has that pm where tx admits the pats* cheating shame bums him out ?

In many ways this is a bigger test than last week.  Last week was the somewhat unrealistic test of playing the best team in football and trying to get a win in their building.  This week is two teams, both of whom think they are significantly better than last year and both have realistic aspirations of making some noise come playoff time.

If we are truly one of the better teams in the AFC then we need to go out and beat a pretty good team, otherwise we are going to start to hear about the same old Jets teasing their fans again.

Archived