TRADE dept. - ...Sheldon Richardson headed to trading block in offseason ? ? ?

kelly

You bring up a good point Nut.

If the NFL would have charged Brady with conduct detrimental to the league, his suspension never would have been overturned.

Goodell screwed up royally.

Other then Pat Nation isn't cheating considered conduct detrimental to the league??

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree, maybe with priors but he hasn't been convicted of anything.  

tbo, i don't think even priors would land a guy in jail. i think you would have to be on probation or parole to get locked up for what Richardson was charged with. its so low on the crime totem pole, even a broke guy with priors and a public defender skates with a fine, suspended license, and possibly a short period of probation. the fact that the D.A.  decided not to charge Richardson with child endangerment is very telling on how the courts plan on dealing with him. the D.A. obviously could've/should've charged him with the crime, even if it is hard to prove in a court of law. it would at least become a bargaining chip in negotiations, ie, "we will drop the child charge, but you take the full brunt of the eluding police charge". kinda tells me that they have no plans at all of making Richardson an example. now the nfl is a different animal. but i don't see more than 1 or 2 games suspension, if that. they would look really silly giving Richardson any suspension of substance given the crime convicted of probably gets plead down to a speeding ticket

tbo, i don't think even priors would land a guy in jail. i think you would have to be on probation or parole to get locked up for what Richardson was charged with. its so low on the crime totem pole, even a broke guy with priors and a public defender skates with a fine, suspended license, and possibly a short period of probation. the fact that the D.A.  decided not to charge Richardson with child endangerment is very telling on how the courts plan on dealing with him. the D.A. obviously could've/should've charged him with the crime, even if it is hard to prove in a court of law. it would at least become a bargaining chip in negotiations, ie, "we will drop the child charge, but you take the full brunt of the eluding police charge". kinda tells me that they have no plans at all of making Richardson an example. now the nfl is a different animal. but i don't see more than 1 or 2 games suspension, if that

Sheldon was born in Missouri played college ball there and is getting a home town deal with chargers.. If the father of the minor was in the car he's the one that should have been charged..LOL

tbo, i don't think even priors would land a guy in jail. i think you would have to be on probation or parole to get locked up for what Richardson was charged with. its so low on the crime totem pole, even a broke guy with priors and a public defender skates with a fine, suspended license, and possibly a short period of probation. the fact that the D.A.  decided not to charge Richardson with child endangerment is very telling on how the courts plan on dealing with him. the D.A. obviously could've/should've charged him with the crime, even if it is hard to prove in a court of law. it would at least become a bargaining chip in negotiations, ie, "we will drop the child charge, but you take the full brunt of the eluding police charge". kinda tells me that they have no plans at all of making Richardson an example. now the nfl is a different animal. but i don't see more than 1 or 2 games suspension, if that. they would look really silly giving Richardson any suspension of substance given the crime convicted of probably gets plead down to a speeding ticket

he was speeding and tried to hide turning his lights off.  No one is going to jail for that, agree

Sheldon was born in Missouri played college ball there and is getting a home town deal with chargers.. If the father of the minor was in the car he's the one that should have been charged..LOL

yea, in all reality, both should have been charged. but even if they were, there would probably be no conviction

You bring up a good point Nut.

If the NFL would have charged Brady with conduct detrimental to the league, his suspension never would have been overturned.

Goodell screwed up royally.

They never thought anyone would find a judge that far to the left who ruled the way he did.  I remember the so called JD experts who even predicted that the courts might not even hear the case.  

They never thought anyone would find a judge that far to the left who ruled the way he did.  I remember the so called JD experts who even predicted that the courts might not even hear the case.  

You do realize the NFL selected where they would file, and ultimately, what judge would preside over the case?

Richardson is a jackass.  He will eventually be suspended for a full season.  The Josh Gordon punishment is on the horizon for him.   Trade him for the best offer on the table as soon as possible before he effs up again.

Hey the Pats take people that shot someone in college I'm sure Sheldon would fit right in.:)

Of course you can have an opinion.  The point of the overall comment was whether they keep Mo or Sheldon.  That was what I was referring to.  Whether the rule is good or bad, the team will do their thing based on the rule that is in effect. .  Can't have Shledon taking forced  vacations during the season.  Hearing what Mac said, I am not sure Sheldon has convinced them he is reformed either.  Some guys just have to be a little crazy to realize their talent

You know that did not fall under the personal conduct policy.

That is why Brady was found innocent by a federal judge.

Brady was not found innocent, the suspension was overturned because the NFL didn't have clear guidlines on how they arrived at a 4 game suspension.  Brady is a clear cheater, but the NFL was incompetent on their handling of the case.

The fact that Mo hasn't been signed hasn't made me think he's a shoo in to be signed to a new deal as a Jet.. What we know for sure is we know nothing for sure..LOL

I think coming in the new FO probably wanted Sheldon.  Knew they would not keep both.  And the fact that Sheldon had a second offense--we still do not know if he gets suspended for this, of course---made them shake their head. Lots of guys get that pot suspension.  But Sheldon seemed out of control.  So now Sheldon is the guy to go.  And hopefully  he avoids a second suspension, keeping his trade value up.  But I don;t think that saves Sheldon here. Unless Mo just prices himself out of town.  Then the Jets  have a real problem, because Mac pretty much said they do not trust Sheldon.

like there's little or no difference between beating your woman and smoking a joint? 

when was Greg Hardy a NYJ? How about like Revis?

OP stated that good teams keep their best players.    Panthers released hardy for character issues.  In fact , rumors here state that Steve Smith was released for similar reason. He punched a guy and broke his jaw.

Im not commenting on Sheldon or Revis, simply stating that sometimes TEAM is more important than a player and I cited ONE example.

OP stated that good teams keep their best players.    Panthers released hardy for character issues.  In fact , rumors here state that Steve Smith was released for similar reason. He punched a guy and broke his jaw.

Im not commenting on Sheldon or Revis, simply stating that sometimes TEAM is more important than a player and I cited ONE example.

I got it but like every rule there ar exceptions.  I agree that you should keep your stars but when you're Hardy like you need to go.  Just Sheldon hasn't reached that threshold 

I got it but like every rule there ar exceptions.  I agree that you should keep your stars but when you're Hardy like you need to go.  Just Sheldon hasn't reached that threshold 

Furthermore, most teams passed on Hardy. I agree with you here though. NE keeps Brady and he cheats.

Who the f*ck is saying he will be suspended? Suspended for speeding? No f*cking way that doesn't get appealed. You can't suspend someone if they aren't charged with anything. Are they going to "charge" him with pot smell?

This thing will be argued down to a traffic violation ticket with a good lawyer. An assumption means bupkis!

Um....speeding over 50 mph above the speed limit with a weapon in the car and a minor.  MIGHT want to add all the facts in there....

Furthermore, most teams passed on Hardy. I agree with you here though. NE keeps Brady and he cheats.

there's only a handful of arrogant morons who snub the league and reward players that the rest of the owners would be all for letting rot while unemployed.  Jones & Rex come to mind

there's only a handful of arrogant morons who snub the league and reward players that the rest of the owners would be all for letting rot while unemployed.  Jones & Rex come to mind

Ocho cinco,Haynesworth,Randy Moss,Donte Stallworth DUI manslaughter charge and AH who shot a guy in college and only Jones and Rex come to mind?? Are you a closet Pat fan?? 

Ocho cinco,Haynesworth,Randy Moss,Donte Stallworth DUI manslaughter charge and AH who shot a guy in college and only Jones and Rex come to mind?? Are you a closet Pat fan?? 

different rules.  Different times.  The emphasis on behavior and the shield are completely different today. Closet Pats fan?  Will you come up with a pointless analogy, players from the 60s that makes that goofy comment close to relevant?  Who cares if mistakes were made in the past?  Did you hear, Al Davis signs bad guys too. But hey, stick up for Rex etc.  

different rules.  Different times.  The emphasis on behavior and the shield are completely different today. Closet Pats fan?  Will you come up with a pointless analogy, players from the 60s that makes that goofy comment close to relevant?  Who cares if mistakes were made in the past?  Did you hear, Al Davis signs bad guys too. But hey, stick up for Rex etc.  

I agreed with Rex and Jones you were the one leaving out BB and the Pats..The players i mentioned were from the 60's??LOL

I agreed with Rex and Jones you were the one leaving out BB and the Pats..The players i mentioned were from the 60's??LOL

Good for you.  You rip Sheldon and agree with those clowns. I'm not leaving anyone out.  You don't even know what you do, listing players that don't ever change the point?  can't you just make a point 

Good for you.  You rip Sheldon and agree with those clowns. I'm not leaving anyone out.  You don't even know what you do, listing players that don't ever change the point?  can't you just make a point 

Dude Sheldon is one of my favorite players?? Boy I miss the JN of JI this version is going through Male menopause..:rolleyes:

Um....speeding over 50 mph above the speed limit with a weapon in the car and a minor.  MIGHT want to add all the facts in there....

Umm...may be foreign to people from NY/NJ, but this Missouri and we're allowed to have a weapon in our car, even without a CCW permit. You only need a CCW permit to carry the gun outside of your car...so that ain't a crime here. Just FYI

Archived