Brady's suspension

alwaysajetfan

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to sit and watch or read fans who don't like brady or the pats repeatedly go to great lengthy to believe the pats get off because *insert fans excuse here* is so funny to me.

This whole thing; fans against brady and the pats remind me of wile e coyote vs the road runner..every time they think they have him/them.....

wile-e-coyote.jpg

to sit and watch or read cheatriots fans repeatedly go to great lengthy to defend the legitimacy of their tainted championships because "insert cheatriots fans excuse here" is so funny to me.

The whole thing; cheatriots fans against the rest of the sporting world remind me of people claiming the holocaust never happened

to sit and watch or read cheatriots fans repeatedly go to great lengthy to defend the legitimacy of their tainted championships because "insert cheatriots fans excuse here" is so funny to me.

The whole thing; cheatriots fans against the rest of the sporting world remind me of people claiming the holocaust never happened

only on the internet. smh.

to sit and watch or read fans who don't like brady or the pats repeatedly go to great lengthy to believe the pats get off because *insert fans excuse here* is so funny to me.

This whole thing; fans against brady and the pats remind me of wile e coyote vs the road runner..every time they think they have him/them.....

The Patriots were caught cheating multiple times over this run, and their lone on the field punishments have been the loss of two draft picks to go with 4 tainted super bowl trophies. No matter how you slice it, that is simply the strongest example of unfair practices. Do you disagree?

The Patriots were caught cheating multiple times over this run, and their lone on the field punishments have been the loss of two draft picks to go with 4 tainted super bowl trophies. No matter how you slice it, that is simply the strongest example of unfair practices. Do you disagree?

They were punished for all their infractions (period end of story) and everything they did or didn't do, was never as bad as fans make it out to be..but we get it. They keep winning and you don't like it, so there has to be a reason for them to keep winning (according to the fans who dislike them). No reason to just say they are that good. that doesn't fit into fans vocabulary. I Get it.

still it's entertaining to me to read how far fans go to talk bad about them...

They were punished for all their infractions (period end of story) and everything they did or didn't do, was never as bad as fans make it out to be..but we get it. They keep winning and you don't like it, so there has to be a reason for them to keep winning (according to the fans who dislike them). No reason to just say they are that good. that doesn't fit into fans vocabulary. I Get it.

The Cheatriots are good.  Brady is great.  Gronk is the best of all time.  They're probably going to the Super Bowl again.

Doesnt change the fact they're still enormous cheaters and their entire "legacy" is tainted because of their cheating ways to everyone in the entire world other than Cheatriots fans. So any success that is achieved past, present, future will forever be called into question.  That's the Cheatriots fault, nobody else. 

Seems like you just need to get used to it because it will never go away. BB and Brady will be on stage ready to go into the HOF and guess what will be the ongoing theme of the day?  Cheating.

The Cheatriots are good.  Brady is great.  Gronk is the best of all time.  They're probably going to the Super Bowl again.

Doesnt change the fact they're still enormous cheaters and their entire "legacy" is tainted because of their cheating ways to everyone in the entire world other than Cheatriots fans. So any success that is achieved past, present, future will forever be called into question.  That's the Cheatriots fault, nobody else. 

Seems like you just need to get used to it because it will never go away. BB and Brady will be on stage ready to go into the HOF and guess what will be the ongoing theme of the day?  Cheating.

The present situation with Brady has no effect on the facts that:

1. The NFL found the Patriots systematically cheated in at least one game last year; and

2. The preponderance of evidence from an outrageously expensive investigation concluded that Brady participated in that scheme.

All the excuses about weather patterns and internet physicists don't change that.

No, you don't get it. You truly don't. 

Anyone; biased or not, would tell you that the Pats are obviously great; Brady is obviously a top-5 ever player; Belichick will go down with Vince and Walsh as 1 of the top 3 ever. 

Pats fans, no matter what however, are unable to accept that all of that comes with a caveat because their team won 4 super bowls and were punished with nothing more than 2 lost draft picks for cheating through all 4 wins.

The moment anyone brings up the caveat, the insecurity is triggered in a Pat's fans mind because it speaks to a deeper seeded inferiority complex, and they go on the offensive, and it's deflect, dismiss, discredit time. 

Our interaction above is exhibit 1-A.

see there's where you are making a mistake. You think I'm bothered by this in anyway. NOPE! I told you it's entertaining to me, I laugh or smile. So you and who ever can say how "tainted" their accomplishments are...we all know the opinions that really matter sees diff. There's nothing tainted. But it's cool for fans to think so. I'm ok with it.

again I get it. Pats are evil.

cool with me, I will embrace that.

see there's where you are making a mistake. You think I'm bothered by this in anyway. NOPE! I told you it's entertaining to me, I laugh or smile. So you and who ever can say how "tainted" their accomplishments are...we all know the opinions that really matter sees diff. There's nothing tainted. But it's cool for fans to think so. I'm ok with it.

See, you are in complete denial.  This isnt just a fan thing, cutie pie.  The NFL, coaches, players past and present, fans, all question your legitimacy.  These arent opinions.  Your team has been busted cheating, multiple times.  Fact.  Your team, created this situation.  Now, nothing will ever been taken at face value.  It will forever be questioned.  

And you care a great deal.  It's your life's mission.  Otherwise, you wouldnt be here and you wouldnt be the loudest voice on the subject from your fanbase that visits this board.

Like I've always said, I feel bad for you the fans.  It's not your fault.  I'm sure I'd be in denial too.  But facts are facts. Cheating is synonyms with your favorite team. 

The hearing on the appeal is scheduled the first week of February 2016. The appellate decision will come down after that. Even if the Second Circuit overturns the trial court's decision it won't occur before the SB and likely the case will be sent back to the trial court for further proceedings if the trial court's ruling is not affirmed on appeal. Best case scenario is that Brady serves a suspension the first four games of 2016.

Thanks for this....I thought this was a dead issue.  Although I am sure nothing will come of it.

Like I've always said, I feel bad for you the fans.

I used to, before Pete decided to throw instead of handing off to Beast Mode. It legit wasn't their fault, and I can't blame them for supporting their team

That play though, turned them into the most obnoxious fans in the world.

Now, they get to play arrogant douchebag fan and insecure, whiney victim at the same time. 

ha ha i'm in denial, I don' t get it..ha ha but yet, i'm not the one frustrated that "nothing has been done" about those cheaters...ha ha

all the coaches and all the players past and present all see but patriots fans don't ...ha ha.....ahh ok if you say so. Cool!

"ha ha. 

ha ha.

ha ha.

ha ha.

Cool!"

Wow, you add so much to these here boards.

ha ha i'm in denial, I don' t get it..ha ha but yet, i'm not the one frustrated that "nothing has been done" about those cheaters...ha ha

all the coaches and all the players past and present all see but patriots fans don't ...ha ha.....ahh ok if you say so. Cool!

Anything to say on the below post which you conveniently ignored? Or is it just easier to turn a blind eye?

Anyone; biased or not, would tell you that the Pats are obviously great; Brady is obviously a top-5 ever player; Belichick will go down with Vince and Walsh as 1 of the top 3 ever. 

Pats fans, no matter what however, are unable to accept that all of that comes with a caveat because their team won 4 super bowls and were punished with nothing more than 2 lost draft picks for cheating through all 4 wins.

The moment anyone brings up the caveat, the insecurity is triggered in a Pat's fans mind because it speaks to a deeper seeded inferiority complex, and they go on the offensive, and it's deflect, dismiss, discredit time. 

No, you don't get it. You truly don't. 

Pats fans secretly love this. There is something in the Boston sports fan psyche that requires them to feel like victims and underdogs even when its not remotely the case. 

If it didn't bother you, you wouldn't be posting in this thread. 

Found?  So Brady chose the location of where the appeal was going to be heard?  No.

It was Goodell.  He rejected Brady's appeal and quickly filed a motion to have it heard in NY.  A pro-management court.  A court were management was 66-3 or some ridiculous number. 

The person over their head is Goodell.  He did not follow the CBA and ripped Goodell for not following due process.

When a judge bases his ruling on the fact that Brady had no warning that he could be suspended for 4 games for his conduct, that's about all I need to hear.  It would be logistically impossible to set an automatic suspension for every infraction because the facts and circumstances surrounding these infractions are so different.  And yes found... you are reading that too literally.  I realize it was not the forum Brady was trying to get, but they still ended up with this guy.  And most legal minds outside NE believe the judge overstepped here, but that is happening all over the country with respect to bigger issues than Brady.

You are very insecure. 

No. Just no. Worry about us not them. They won. Period. Give the Devil his due and move on. You whine like a baby.

Awww, aren't you sweet.  You want to tell me who to worry about and you want me to give them their due.  So Robert Kraftian of you!  In fact, make that your life's work - to make all Jet fans give the Pats their due.  You should be more concerned about expanding your vocabulary and sentences beyond 3-4 words and not so concerned about offering pointless directives and criticism to people who could care less what you think. 

Does anyone know if he is going to serve the suspension Goodell decided for him? It won't happen because the NFL would lose money but I think he should now have to serve out his 4 game suspension beginning with their first playoff game and ending after he has missed a total of 4 games. I don't recall an athlete in team sports being suspended and got off by acting like a spoiled kid who doesn't take no for an answer.

You should call Goodell or go over and see him.

Just tell him youre a Jets fan. He has a soft spot for his old team.

I remember hearing a lawyer speak on the suspension after it was first handed down by the league.  He said the league made a big mistake in being to specific about the suspension when they handed it down.  The league specified that the penalty that the suspension was for the "first four games of the 2015 season" rather than a four game suspension.  He said if there was an appeal and the first four games had passed the Patriots could argue that it would be impossible to suspend Brady since the time had already passed. He also said that there was precedent for this.

I've head the NFL are hoping for a Feb Court date, funny if the first ruling was overturned, The NFL could ban him in the playoffs i.e. Super Bowl.. 

Last I heard was that it was kicked to March.

EDIT:  A couple of weeks ago USA Today reported the hearing date is March 3,

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2015/11/23/appeals-arguments-in-tom-brady-penalty-appeal-set-for-march/76286164/

If this is true the earliest he could serve his suspension (if the NFL wins) would be next season.

I don't think anyone anywhere will disagree with the first sentence. Goodell blows. Not sure I understand Goodell ripping Goodell, though. 

Regardless of how incompetent Goodell is, the Patriots cheated and their lone on the field punishment has been the loss of a draft pick and yet another tainted super bowl trophy. No matter how you slice it, that is simply the strongest example of unfair practices.

Unfair practices.  That is an interesting point. 

The Panthers and Vikings were caught heating balls, which as we all heard, saw or read over the last 11 months can affect balls due to the Ideal Gas Law.  Let off with a warning. 

The Chargers were rubbing balls with stick-um in 2012.  Did not hand over the towels.  Were fined for, as the NFL put it, what you did is not illegal, but you cannot do it anymore".  The Chargers were fined. 

Bib Papa Pimp Favre sent dick pics to a Jets fluff girl(?).  He did not hand over his phone.  He was fined.

Goodell spent millions of dollars in an investigation and all he had was, "more probable than not".  He punished the Patriots with loss of draft picks.  He suspended Brady four games .  In Roger's book, not the CBA or anything the NFLPA signed, being "generally aware" or even destroying a phone is the same as failing a PED test. 

I think the Saints will agree that the punishment do not fit the crime to the Patriots team and its player. 

Awww, aren't you sweet.  You want to tell me who to worry about and you want me to give them their due.  So Robert Kraftian of you!  In fact, make that your life's work - to make all Jet fans give the Pats their due.  You should be more concerned about expanding your vocabulary and sentences beyond 3-4 words and not so concerned about offering pointless directives and criticism to people who could care less what you think. 

You sound like Red Sox fans prior to 2004. Full of hate and blame. Give all champions their due and then you can gauge what it takes to become one. Your drivel aka your posts smell of defeat, fear and excuses. You are pathetic.

You sound like Red Sox fans prior to 2004. Full of hate and blame. Give all champions their due and then you can gauge what it takes to become one. Your drivel aka your posts smell of defeat, fear and excuses. You are pathetic.

Sounds a lot like you have anger issues... full of personal attacks and venom... talk to someone who cares what you have to say and while you are at it kiss Bill's rings. 

Unfair practices.  That is an interesting point. 

The Panthers and Vikings were caught heating balls, which as we all heard, saw or read over the last 11 months can affect balls due to the Ideal Gas Law.  Let off with a warning. 

The Chargers were rubbing balls with stick-um in 2012.  Did not hand over the towels.  Were fined for, as the NFL put it, what you did is not illegal, but you cannot do it anymore".  The Chargers were fined. 

Bib Papa Pimp Favre sent dick pics to a Jets fluff girl(?).  He did not hand over his phone.  He was fined.

Goodell spent millions of dollars in an investigation and all he had was, "more probable than not".  He punished the Patriots with loss of draft picks.  He suspended Brady four games .  In Roger's book, not the CBA or anything the NFLPA signed, being "generally aware" or even destroying a phone is the same as failing a PED test. 

I think the Saints will agree that the punishment do not fit the crime to the Patriots team and its player. 

1) They were let off with warnings after the first time they were caught, and weren't caught again. The Pats were also let off with a warning in the regular season the first time they were caught, but the Pats did it again in the playoffs after the warning.

2) Again, the chargers were doing something which gave them an unfair advantage but wasn't breaking a rule (because there was no rule for it; similar to brady), and they were initially let off with a warning, and weren't caught doing it again. Yet, they were fined even on the initial offense. The Pats weren't fined on the initial offense.

3) Has nothing to do with competition on the field

4) As I stated earlier, Goodell is a buffoon and that was proven long ago. He went after Brady in this case and Brady got off on a technicality, and he confiscated the videos during spygate...but whether it was Brady, the ball boys, Belicheck, Ernie Adams, the cameraman, whatever- the Pats were caught cheating more than multiple times including all of the warnings they have received over the past 15 years. Yet, all they have to show for it is the loss of two draft picks.  

5) Forget the Saints. Everyone outside of MA agrees. The punishments absolutely do not fit the crimes for the Pats. They are nowhere close to fitting the crimes.

Not ALL champions EARN their titles within the scope of the rules, therefore not ALL get their due. Saying "give all champions their due" as a blanket statement is the wrong approach. Not seeing where NYJ782 has posted any "hate and blame" here, but I can see where you have.

I think thats the issue here.

Archived