Fitz wins AFC offensive player of the week

Jet in PA

Maybe you and everyone else who loves to quote dropped INTs, recovered fumbles, etc, could compile all the dropped or missed INTs every other QB who played last week had so that we can get a better idea of how silly these comments are.

fitzy beating a 3-10 team definitely warrants being APOW,

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wait so now fitzy is as good as Rivers???? LMAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

wait so now fitzy is as good as Rivers???? LMAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Wow...your arguments are pretty dumb...according to your logic, a QB must be winning games to be good. Philip Rivers is losing games. Your excuse is likely that Rivers doesn't have a team around him. Yet, Fitz is supposed to win on garbage teams? What gives? Fitz finally has a semi-decent team around him and he is winning and putting up good numbers. Relax. Enjoy. Take care of your own business.

Wow...your arguments are pretty dumb...according to your logic, a QB must be winning games to be good. Philip Rivers is losing games. Your excuse is likely that Rivers doesn't have a team around him. Yet, Fitz is supposed to win on garbage teams? What gives? Fitz finally has a semi-decent team around him and he is winning and putting up good numbers. Relax. Enjoy. Take care of your own business.

rivers is entititled to one sh*tty year, his team ravaged by injuries. fitzy couldnt hold rivers jock strap

Why do people talk about the win/loss record of quarterbacks as if they're baseball pitchers? Even W/L records for pitchers is misleading, and so you look at the ERA. But for a quarterback? Don't think it's that relevant a stat.

Yep, the most important criteria for an NFL QB is to put up good stats.

Winning football games is meaningless.

You guys are funny.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around supposed Jets fans who begrudge one of their players a minor recognition for their efforts. I've seen some f'd up attitudes around here, but this one is really a piece of work.

Umm it cracks me up when fans felate a journeymen QB over a APOW award by beating a pitiful titans team, when Al Woodall could have achieved same result. Again it must have been a poor week for nominees

Who the hell cares! Almost every single QB has dropped potential INT's virtually every game. It is literally bizarre the level some will stoop to diminish this guys accomplishments. The guy is a late round pick from Harvard who has a cast on his left hand and he is courageously leading his team to a winning record with a potential record setting season, and people are still trying to spew garbage on him. WTF???

There were 71 offensive snaps for the Jets in that game - that's 71 potential fumbles!!! What a bum!  :D

Umm it cracks me up when fans felate a journeymen QB over a APOW award by beating a pitiful titans team, when Al Woodall could have achieved same result. Again it must have been a poor week for nominees

Fitz also has another NFL record.

For QB's who have started 100 NFL games, Fitz has the worst winning percentage in NFL history.

http://www.footballdb.com/stats/qb-records.html

For QB's who have started 100 NFL games, Fitz has the worst winning percentage in NFL history.

Well I prefer to judge a player but what they are doing now.  Dumb for a team to pay a guy for what he did and its dumb to judge a guy having  the best year of his career for the stuff he did.  The last two games will tell the story period.  This is his chance to prove if he is going to have a upswing at the twilight of his career or just make his living at beating bad teams.  Either way the Jets need to sign him to a reasonable contract because at this point he is the best option we have. At this point I dont see how not signing him makes us better.  Petty needs more time and Geno?  Geno? Judging Jet fans for being excited for having any type of reasonable QB play is also pretty shitty. 

Well I prefer to judge a player but what they are doing now.  Dumb for a team to pay a guy for what he did and its dumb to judge a guy having  the best year of his career for the stuff he did.  The last two games will tell the story period.  This is his chance to prove if he is going to have a upswing at the twilight of his career or just make his living at beating bad teams.  Either way the Jets need to sign him to a reasonable contract because at this point he is the best option we have. At this point I dont see how not signing him makes us better.  Petty needs more time and Geno?  Geno?

Basically what i am saying, let him beat a good team before you send a brinks truck his way. Next yrs schedule is the complete opposite of this yrs. Brutally tough

I think you missed out one key phrase there TX ... ACTIVE QB's. ;)

And despite his record, he's still been good enough to be one of only 16 (active) QB's who HAS started 100 NFL games ... so in the Not For Long league, he must be doing something right. :)

Basically what i am saying, let him beat a good team before you send a brinks truck his way. Next yrs schedule is the complete opposite of this yrs. Brutally tough

If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that ... ;)

Nothing to disagree with.  The games against the Pats and Bills should be worth about 2-3 million/yr per each.  If we win out I could see him getting 7-10 per..  Not saying he is going to be worth it but it will be warranted.  Driven by a league plagued with a good QB drought.  If Fitz chokes up and play terrible here on in?  I will lose all rational thought and want him cut.  I still say we sign him for 3-6 but I will be fat and unhappy for once.

So basically you and afo are getting your rocks off chipping at a decent guy who gets a tip of the hat for a one game performance. Pretty petty and stupid.

Two things:

1. Schedules and teams are hard to predict year to year, so saying next year's is tough is premature.

2. No one's saying give him a Joe Flacco contract. Give a 1-2 year deal at 7 million

What is the problem with sucking up your egos and saying "The guy has had a good year."?

Two things:

1. Schedules and teams are hard to predict year to year, so saying next year's is tough is premature.

2. No one's saying give him a Joe Flacco contract. Give a 1-2 year deal at 7 million

What is the problem with sucking up your egos and saying "The guy has had a good year."?

I would have no problem giving more props if he had beaten some good teams, jets def is rated in top 5 and is carrying the load for the most part. Ummm AFC North and NFC west is a huge step up, like playing and ACC schedule and then moving to SEC.

I would have no problem giving more props if he had beaten some good teams, jets def is rated in top 5 and is carrying the load for the most part. Ummm AFC North and NFC west is a huge step up, like playing and ACC schedule and then moving to SEC.

It's not his fault that the only team with a winning record they play is the Pats. That should not be judged against him. Especially when half the league is under .500

Just like Belichicks winning percentage before the Pats the past is the past and means nothing today given it hasnt stopped him from winning with this team.  Whats more important, his winning percentages while playing for shltty, talent less teams or his winning percentage with a team like this Jets team?

Because if he had his team intact, he beats your Pats team week 7.  Would you be so quick to blame the QB if that were the case?

Jets offense is also in the top 10 this year. When was the last time that happened? And is the QB not the lynch-pin of the offense?

And regarding our schedule next year ... last year at this time we were looking at playing the 12-4 Cowboys, 10-6 Eagles, 11-5 Colts, 9-7 Texans, 9-7 Bills and 8-8 Dolphins. And we were just the crappy 4-12 Jets. How did that work out? ;)

Jets offense is also in the top 10 this year. When was the last time that happened? And is the QB not the lynch-pin of the offense?

And regarding our schedule next year ... last year at this time we were looking at playing the 12-4 Cowboys, 10-6 Eagles, 11-5 Colts, 9-7 Texans, 9-7 Bills and 8-8 Dolphins. And we were just the crappy 4-12 Jets. How did that work out? ;)

So adding KC  Hou  Seattle Az  cinn Pitt  Balt doesnt cause concern lol,  our offensive stats are meaningless playing vs cupcake city

So adding KC  Hou  Seattle Az  cinn Pitt  Balt doesnt cause concern lol,  our offensive stats are meaningless playing vs cupcake city

Remember KC was 1-5 at some point this year.

Seattle & Arizona probably depends on where we play them. 

But again, this is pointless. Nobody knows what injuries and general degredation of skills can do from one team to the next. You are making a point that is irrelevant right now

I wouldn't care if Fitzpatrick is playing against all college teams. He deserves credit and not ridicule

Plus I am disappointed in PatsFanTx. I thought he would be a man and admit some factual errors that he made about the Jets never going 10-2 and the one about Fitzpatrick's win percentage.

I guess he comes here to bring up these points just because rooting for his winning franchise is not enough. A sad soul

Plus I am disappointed in PatsFanTx. I thought he would be a man and admit some factual errors that he made about the Jets never going 10-2 and the one about Fitzpatrick's win percentage.

I guess he comes here to bring up these points just because rooting for his winning franchise is not enough. A sad soul

Couldnt tell you personally.  I have never rooted for a winning franchise.  Well my daughter Roses 6 th grade house basketball team won it all once. I just had no luck finding the opposing teams message boards to troll it.

Remember KC was 1-5 at some point this year.

Seattle & Arizona probably depends on where we play them. 

But again, this is pointless. Nobody knows what injuries and general degredation of skills can do from one team to the next. You are making a point that is irrelevant right now

I wouldn't care if Fitzpatrick is playing against all college teams. He deserves credit and not ridicule

Seattle at home, Arizona on the road.

By that same logic, Brady shouldn't even be considered for the MVP award then, correct??

Archived