Mel Kiper : Leonard Williams 2nd Best Rookie this Year ~ ~ ~

kelly

Yeah, he's only going to get stronger and faster.  The game doesnt seem to fast for him but you know he's still thinking out there.  Once he just starts playing.  LOOK OUT!!!

he's also very young still, he just turned 21 so he's got a lot of potential still. Plus when that rookie contract is up we'll be able to lock him up for those sweet prime years 

If we offered Williams for Cooper straight up, how quick would the Raiders say yes? Like a millisecond prolly

No way would the Raiders make that deal at all.  Whether Williams is better or not they have started to invest in their franchise Qb and you don't make a jets like error of putting all your eggs on defense.

Not pointless, because it was in response to a comment about "meaningless wins" effecting our draft position.

No, you go for every win, their not meaningless.  You don't tank games.  And not, ever, for a WR when they're so easy to find and rarely are the difference maker for a team

No way would the Raiders make that deal at all.  Whether Williams is better or not they have started to invest in their franchise Qb and you don't make a jets like error of putting all your eggs on defense.

why would they want to give up cooper? They chose him over Williams the first time and I don't see why they would change their mind now

not sure if you guys have been paying attention but WR's are a dime a dozen, so

If we offered Williams for Cooper straight up, how quick would the Raiders say yes? Like a millisecond prolly

why would they want to give up cooper? They chose him over Williams the first time and I don't see why they would change their mind now

not sure if you guys have been paying attention but WR's are a dime a dozen, so

yeah? Then how come the jets can't draft any good ones

who cares about drafting, we just signed Decker and Marshall, why not keep doing that

http://i.imgur.com/6ADLV4r.gif

Meh, WR's are a dime a dozen these days, unless we're talking OBJ.  The Jets are just terrible at drafting them.

And Cooper is coming back down to earth as teams have figured him out.  He's had 1 good game in the past 7.  Crabtree has been better. 

I like Marshall and Decker a hell of a lot more. 

Add Cooper to Marshall and Decker and you have the best WR group in the NFL. As it is now Marshall and Decker are in the top 2 in more than a few categories.

Meh, WR's are a dime a dozen these days, unless we're talking OBJ.  The Jets are just terrible at drafting them.

And Cooper is coming back down to earth as teams have figured him out.  He's had 1 good game in the past 7.  Crabtree has been better. 

I disagree. I would take Cooper too. But I'm not sure how that matters, because Cooper was gone at 6 anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crabtree has been better if you're talking fantasy stats maybe but cooper is doing a lot more as a 21 year old rookie. OBJ is playing in the jerry rice tier right now so that's not a fair comparison, cooper is probably closer in talent to julio or green

What's to rub? If the Jets win out, it will definitely be because we beat the Titans and Dolphins last December. Unequivocally.

seriously? Still whining about "meaningless wins" when we are in thick of playoff hunt, have best offense we have had since 97 and got the best player in draft anyway? Jeeze Louise jets fans.

crabtree has been better if you're talking fantasy stats maybe but cooper is doing a lot more as a 21 year old rookie. OBJ is playing in the jerry rice tier right now so that's not a fair comparison, cooper is probably closer in talent to julio or green

Crabtree has been getting single coverage all year, Cooper is drawing best corner and also getting doubled. Add to that rookie wall ..Coop will end up with around 1100 yds. 1st raider to get 1000 yds since 2005

I'm not saying Crabtree is better.  Cooper looks like he'll be a very good WR in this league.  But in the past 4 games, Cooper has a game without a catch and a game with 1 catch, where Crabtree has had at least 4 every game this season. Cooper has 1 score since week 9.  Crabtree has 4.  Production is production and Crabtree has been producing at a much more consistent rate recently. Cooper has had some great games vs. some of the worst pass D's in the league.  He's been very average against good D's (shutout by Talib). He's a baby but I dont think he has that, it doesnt matter who's covering me type of game that certain guys do.  For example, Julio and Green, I'm not seeing that but he's a baby so who knows.

Crabtree has been getting single coverage all year, Cooper is drawing best corner and also getting doubled. Add to that rookie wall ..Coop will end up with around 1100 yds. 1st raider to get 1000 yds since 2005

I'm not necessarily knocking him.  He's been great and he's the player I wanted in the draft (though I never thought Williams was possible).  Kid is going to be a great player in the league for a while.  But as you look around the league, that position is just flooded with talent.  The past few drafts have seen some incredible players, in just about every single round.  Whereas a guy like Williams, who was getting Reggie White comparisons (not that I ever bought that) are just a little harder to come by.  Ofcourse, it a wait and see with both players but still.

The Jets have a top 3 duo in the league right now and should for a few more years.  Marshall is unreal and guys on the board are saying he's like the 20th best WR in the league, which is ridiculous but just goes to show that WR's are just doing incredible things these days and are just easier to find. 

To further explain my point: Cooper is having a monster season and he's still only 17 in yards, 27 in receptions and 38 players have more receiving TD's. 

I'm not necessarily knocking him.  He's been great and he's the player I wanted in the draft (though I never thought Williams was a possible).  Kid is going to be a great player in the league for a while.  But as you look around the league, that position is just flooded with talent.  The past few drafts have seen some incredible players, in just about every single round.  Whereas a guy like Williams, who was getting Reggie White comparisons (not that I ever bought that) are just a little harder to come by.  Ofcourse, it a wait and see with both players but still.

The Jets have a top 3 duo in the league right now and should for a few more years.  Marshall is unreal and guys on the board are saying he's like the 20th best WR in the league, which is ridiculous but just goes to show that WR's are just doing incredible things these days and are just easier to find. 

To further explain my point: Cooper is having a monster season and he's still only 17 in yards, 27 in receptions and 38 players have more receiving TD's. 

Williams was a great pick for sure, if draft was done now, cooper would still be a raider. WR is very tough position to break in, look at Hopkins and Sammies first yr, Coop is way ahead of schedule. Always strives to get better. Carr also needed Coop, crabtree has benefitted from teams putting more attention to Coop's side. all is well, jets got a great pick, BM is up there in age and given next yr's brutal schedule, it will be tough for him to have anything close to this yr's numbers. 

Williams was a great pick for sure, if draft was done now, cooper would still be a raider. WR is very tough position to break in, look at Hopkins and Sammies first yr, Coop is way ahead of schedule. Always strives to get better. Carr also needed Coop, crabtree has benefitted from teams putting more attention to Coop's side. all is well, jets got a great pick, BM is up there in age and given next yr's brutal schedule, it will be tough for him to have anything close to this yr's numbers. 

Not exactly a fair comparison.  Both were in terrible offenses with terrible QB's.  Oakland throws the ball a ton and Carr looks legit.  But I hear what you're saying.  You dont see rookies go mental like this but that trend has been broken a bit over the past few years as the game has evolved.  Guys hit their stride a lot quicker, especially in a high volume offense like the Raiders.

I dont see Marshall slowing down any time soon.  The guys is the model of consistency.  He's making an incredible case for the Hall. 

Only thing stopping Amari Cooper is he has leg injury he's been battling for the last month.  Clearly had effect on his route running as he isn't coming out of his breaks as fast.     once he gets healthy Raiders will have their number 1 Wr for the next decade.

Mario Edwards Jr is playing as well as any rookie defense lineman( doesn't need to take a backseat to anyone including Leonard Williams)and is  a big reason K Mack is the NFL sack leader.( what a steal he was in the second round).

K Mack and Derek Carr in 2014.  A Cooper and Mario Edwards in 2015.   The Raiders draft the last two years have been ridiculous good .( with 72 million to play with in Fa, boat load of draft picks, and  a franchise Qb that's only going to get better.( get used to the Raiders being a ) perennial playoff team).

who cares about drafting, we just signed Decker and Marshall, why not keep doing that

Yeah anyone can toss out a 5th  round pick for a pro bowl wr that happens all the time.  And there are so many of the elite wr available its easy peasy.

The giants were dumb for drafting obj, the lions were stoooopid for drafting mega tron.  Good Wr's just fall out of trees.

Only thing stopping Amari Cooper is he has leg injury he's been battling for the last month.  Clearly had effect on his route running as he isn't coming out of his breaks as fast,

Mario Edwards Jr playing as well as any rookie defense lineman, and is  a big reason K Mack is the NFL sack leader.

Fair.  I'm not knocking the guy.  Let me make that clear.  He's great.  I'm just saying the position is flooded in the NFL.  

I guess its a positional value type of conversation.  Do you value a WR more than a monster DL?  I dont.  At the end of the day, very fews teams in the NFL wins SB's because of a WR.  Whereas, many teams win because they get dominate performances out of the DL during a playoff run.

Who was the last elite WR to hoist a Lombardi? 

Fair.  I'm not knocking the guy.  Let me make that clear.  He's great.  I'm just saying the position is flooded in the NFL.  

I guess its a positional value type of conversation.  Do you value a WR more than a monster DL?  I dont.  At the end of the day, very fews teams in the NFL wins SB's because of a WR.  Whereas, many teams win because they get dominate performances out of the DL during a playoff run.

Who was the last elite WR to hoist a Lombardi? 

does gronk count? 

I'm not saying Crabtree is better.  Cooper looks like he'll be a very good WR in this league.  But in the past 4 games, Cooper has a game without a catch and a game with 1 catch, where Crabtree has had at least 4 every game this season. Cooper has 1 score since week 9.  Crabtree has 4.  Production is production and Crabtree has been producing at a much more consistent rate recently. Cooper has had some great games vs. some of the worst pass D's in the league.  He's been very average against good D's (shutout by Talib). He's a baby but I dont think he has that, it doesnt matter who's covering me type of game that certain guys do.  For example, Julio and Green, I'm not seeing that but he's a baby so who knows.

he's still young so I'm not surprised that he's putting up a few dud games against good veteran corners like slay and talib, julio was a full year older and green was two years so he's definitely having a very impressive season. I would expect him to be a monster next year

I'm not necessarily knocking him.  He's been great and he's the player I wanted in the draft (though I never thought Williams was possible).  Kid is going to be a great player in the league for a while.  But as you look around the league, that position is just flooded with talent.  The past few drafts have seen some incredible players, in just about every single round.  Whereas a guy like Williams, who was getting Reggie White comparisons (not that I ever bought that) are just a little harder to come by.  Ofcourse, it a wait and see with both players but still.

I don't disagree but Jets seem historically terrible at cashing in on the Era of the WR 

Archived