Could Jets replace Chris Ivory with DeMarco Murray in 2016 ? ? ?

kelly

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the guy but no defensive coordinators are sitting In The film room scheming against bilal Powell.

And that's cost the last three teams we've played dearly. If you don't think Belichick and his staff aren't focusing some of their attention on Powell, who didn't play in the first game, then you are sadly mistaken.

And that's cost the last three teams we've played dearly. If you don't think Belichick and his staff aren't focusing some of their attention on Powell, who didn't play in the first game, then you are sadly mistaken.

I think his success indicates they aren't planning to stop him, actually. Good lunch pail guy but he is a JAG.

The Jets aren't in a position to win any of the last three games without him. So, yeah. Much more than a JAG.

powell is the big reason they won those games, especially gmen game, looks real quick and shifty.  without powell jets lose to gmen and season is kaput.

It's good for a story but it'll never happen.  Murray has too much $$$ left on his contract and you

don't want to allocate big $$$ to a RB.  Maccagnan will probably try to bring back Ivory & Powell

on reasonable 2-3 year deals and add a future RB in the draft

Murray will be 28 in February.  Not to mention the Eagles will eat $13M in dead money and lose $5M in cap space by cutting him before June 1, 2016.  Thus, the only way you're getting him is by trade.

In short, no thanks.

Ivory will also be 28 next season.  Hate to say it but if he wants to be paid like a # 1 back, there's no way we can justify an extension, even if he gives us a hometown discount.  His running style, while awesome in that he lays the punishment on the defense, also gets him injured.  Too risky there. I'd rather gain a compensatory pick by letting him go and use that money elsewhere. 

Meanwhile, it's shocking how much better Bilal Powell looks this year, and as part of a committee approach, I think we'd be fine with him as our "lead guy" if we bring him back; it also depends on the cost for him.  I thought Powell was a JAG as early as this past offseason, but he just looks far more explosive and bigger than he ever has.  (Hope that's....err...."natural" reasons there.)

The Jets aren't in a position to win any of the last three games without him. So, yeah. Much more than a JAG.

just an opinion it's cool man. I just dont think he is as good as you do and that ok. He playing  well now though for a guy with 4.51 wheels

it is funny that 3 games enough to crown Powell but it's a "fluke" with fitz 

Though this may be true, his last year in Dallas was purely the working of the best offensive line by far. It looked like the Emmitt Smith days. Any year before that he always had injury issues etc. Ivory imo proved that he was beyond his injuries and has been productive even with a semi-suspect oline with the Jets. 

Murray is looking terrible in Philly and I dont trust him. 

I don't know if ivory really proved he's been beyond his injuries, he's been banged up a fair amount this season. he's never come close to getting 400 carries like murray did last season, I wouldn't say he's proven he can handle a feature back workload

I don't know if ivory really proved he's been beyond his injuries, he's been banged up a fair amount this season. he's never come close to getting 400 carries like murray did last season, I wouldn't say he's proven he can handle a feature back workload

We've never needed Ivory to attempt 400 carries and though Ivory has been banged up, its always been during games. He's only missed 2 games since becoming a Jet. Thats miles away from what his status was in New Orleans. And when he's on the field he's an automatic 4 yards, and thats with breaking alot of tackles. 

Ivory has put together 3 years of consistency, Demarco had one great year, and though he missed one game this season production wise the man is a below average back in that system. 

Why replace Ivory, a guy who you know can produce in your system for a guy who replaced McCoy and couldnt produce in their system? Im not certain that he can produce equally or even better than Ivory. Atleast with Ivory you know what you're getting...which is a guy who will miss one game, get banged up in 3 others but will be at full strength for 12 of your 16 games. Given the position, I'd take that. 

Ya Khiry is that guy who says he isn't a Jets fan but a Green Bay fan yet trolls here all the time, LOL (we all knew you never stopped being a Jets fan but your words painted you in a corner, its cool). It's OK, I still like you even though you seem to have a mean streak lately,, I seriously hope all well, you sound so bitter.. Call me if needed I will talk to you and help, you know my number I am still there,,,,

Murray will be 28 in February.  Not to mention the Eagles will eat $13M in dead money and lose $5M in cap space by cutting him before June 1, 2016.  Thus, the only way you're getting him is by trade.

In short, no thanks.

Ivory will also be 28 next season.  Hate to say it but if he wants to be paid like a # 1 back, there's no way we can justify an extension, even if he gives us a hometown discount.  His running style, while awesome in that he lays the punishment on the defense, also gets him injured.  Too risky there. I'd rather gain a compensatory pick by letting him go and use that money elsewhere. 

Meanwhile, it's shocking how much better Bilal Powell looks this year, and as part of a committee approach, I think we'd be fine with him as our "lead guy" if we bring him back; it also depends on the cost for him.  I thought Powell was a JAG as early as this past offseason, but he just looks far more explosive and bigger than he ever has.  (Hope that's....err...."natural" reasons there.)

Powell was a JAG his entire career but has really stepped it up last few games

Powell was a JAG his entire career but has really stepped it up last few games

Be that as it may but he is our own homegrown talent giving us a dimension to our office we need terribly.  In the NFL great players are typically great. But it's the jags that eventually perform above their abilities that makes most teams contenders.  

Ya Khiry is that guy who says he isn't a Jets fan but a Green Bay fan yet trolls here all the time, LOL (we all knew you never stopped being a Jets fan but your words painted you in a corner, its cool). It's OK, I still like you even though you seem to have a mean streak lately,, I seriously hope all well, you sound so bitter.. Call me if needed I will talk to you and help, you know my number I am still there,,,,

Dude for a guy who watches just 1 football game a week and asks 10 different so called fantasy experts to fill out your lineup, to give comparisons on Rb's running styles is ummm crazy beyond belief. Still a packers fan bub, i would like the jets to get back to their winning ways and they have the right coach and GM, just not the right QB and that will bite them in the ass next yr if fitzy is still startah. They have no choice now and will have to give him starter $$$, sh*t mike crabtree a 2nd WR just got $8M a yr. 

Dude for a guy who watches just 1 football game a week and asks 10 different so called fantasy experts to fill out your lineup, to give comparisons on Rb's running styles is ummm crazy beyond belief. Still a packers fan bub, i would like the jets to get back to their winning ways and they have the right coach and GM, just not the right QB and that will bite them in the ass next yr if fitzy is still startah. They have no choice now and will have to give him starter $$$, sh*t mike crabtree a 2nd WR just got $8M a yr. 

Hey how ya doing? Hope all well, I'm glad you are enjoying my twitter comments :) Call me, you old rascal beyond belief, LOL.

Be that as it may but he is our own homegrown talent giving us a dimension to our office we need terribly.  In the NFL great players are typically great. But it's the jags that eventually perform above their abilities that makes most teams contenders.  

Pretty cool that we were able to turn late rounders into Ivory and Powell.  People keep saying we need a "dynamic" RB, but these 2 have kind of fit the bill collectively this season, no?

Thanks Tannenbaum/Idzik?

I give the guy credit he's been mediocre his entire career but come through huge for us last few games.  Ditto for Pryor 

We've never needed Ivory to attempt 400 carries and though Ivory has been banged up, its always been during games. He's only missed 2 games since becoming a Jet. Thats miles away from what his status was in New Orleans. And when he's on the field he's an automatic 4 yards, and thats with breaking alot of tackles. 

Ivory has put together 3 years of consistency, Demarco had one great year, and though he missed one game this season production wise the man is a below average back in that system. 

Why replace Ivory, a guy who you know can produce in your system for a guy who replaced McCoy and couldnt produce in their system? Im not certain that he can produce equally or even better than Ivory. Atleast with Ivory you know what you're getting...which is a guy who will miss one game, get banged up in 3 others but will be at full strength for 12 of your 16 games. Given the position, I'd take that. 

if the jets replace ivory I'd like to do it through the draft. Hello Ezekiel Elliot :)

what do you pay Ivory?  I have been more impressed with Powell.

This happened last year as well with Powell, where late in the season he looked like he was fired out of a cannon but all season long up to that point he looked like meh (if not worse than meh). Hard to say if he's worth bringing back since it's unknown what he'd be asking. He's not getting zero on this 1 year deal ($2M), but if the team looks to draft someone instead of bringing Ivory back I think he becomes a priority just for the pass protection (and insurance in case they don't get their man in the draft).

This happened last year as well with Powell, where late in the season he looked like he was fired out of a cannon but all season long up to that point he looked like meh (if not worse than meh). Hard to say if he's worth bringing back since it's unknown what he'd be asking. He's not getting zero on this 1 year deal ($2M), but if the team looks to draft someone instead of bringing Ivory back I think he becomes a priority just for the pass protection (and insurance in case they don't get their man in the draft).

ya,,probably way it ends up..The 'Rex,  Veteran Loyalty Plan' has been ended by the Jets HR Dept. ;)

I hope not. I havent seen anything from Murray this year to think he's even on Ivory's level. 

He's in a scheme that does not fit him and Chip Kelly is an Idiot. Murray would fit here nicely but it would be too expensive with his current contract. if we wanted to run a committee of Powell Ivory and Murray and go with the hot hand each game then let the odd man out run the game out in the 4th

And yes I prefer the draft as well I would not mind spending an early pick to get a really dynamic back .

He's in a scheme that does not fit him and Chip Kelly is an Idiot. Murray would fit here nicely but it would be too expensive with his current contract. if we wanted to run a committee of Powell Ivory and Murray and go with the hot hand each game then let the odd man out run the game out in the 4th

And yes I prefer the draft as well I would not mind spending an early pick to get a really dynamic back .

Well, its funny what a year can do. 365 days ago Murray was the most dominate RB in the game not named Peterson and Chip was a genius. 

Either way, I would rather take my chances with a guy who's already proved himself. 

Archived