Broncos, steelers, chiefs

kevinc855

assuming we can win the last 2(won't be easy this week but Buf has given up and they won't play for rex in week 17 like our guys did the last 2 years) we just need one loss among those 6 games.  I will rank them in what I believe is the order of most likely to least likely:

1. Cincy at Den.  this is for the 2 seed, Cincy played a weaker opponent w/o their starter but played much better.  if osweiler plays like he did in the 1st half den win,s if he plays like he did in the 2nd half then Cincy will win.

2. Oakland at KC.  we always hear how tough it is to win at Arrowhead but check every big game over the years and they always lose there. not saying it will happen but oak is an up and coming team that has not given up and this game will not be easy for KC.

3. Cle at KC-

4. Pitt at Cle-

5. SD at Denver- SD's last hurrah was yesterday in their last game in SD. they will mail in these last 2 games.

6. Pitt at Baltimore- Baltimore is really, really, really, really bad.

assuming we can win the last 2(won't be easy this week but Buf has given up and they won't play for rex in week 17 like our guys did the last 2 years) we just need one loss among those 6 games.  I will rank them in what I believe is the order of most likely to least likely:

1. Cincy at Den.  this is for the 2 seed, Cincy played a weaker opponent w/o their starter but played much better.  if osweiler plays like he did in the 1st half den win,s if he plays like he did in the 2nd half then Cincy will win.

2. Oakland at KC.  we always hear how tough it is to win at Arrowhead but check every big game over the years and they always lose there. not saying it will happen but oak is an up and coming team that has not given up and this game will not be easy for KC.

3. Cle at KC-

4. Pitt at Cle-

5. SD at Denver- SD's last hurrah was yesterday in their last game in SD. they will mail in these last 2 games.

I agree with this for the most part but think San Diego has a better shot at winning then Cleveland. The Browns are the worst team in the nfl in my opinion. 

I agree with this for the most part but think San Diego has a better shot at winning then Cleveland. The Browns are the worst team in the nfl in my opinion. 

I feel like SD is done after yesterday, the emotion of leaving SD and a great performance in the final game.  if that game was in SD I would have given them a great shot.

I don't think Cincy will go in and beat Denver which sucks for us.  Oakland is the "wild card" team for us because they do have weapons and have showed flashes of being a great offense through out the year.  

Cincy trying to win at Denver will be difficult without Dalton but not impossible.

3. Cle at KC-

4. Pitt at Cle-

No chance SD mails it in against the Broncos., especially if they can knock them out of the playoffs. That's like saying the Bills will mail it in against the Jets in Week 17. There is nothing Phillip Rivers would want more than to knock the Broncos out. 

Denver averaged 18.7 PPG on O w/ Peyton

they have averaged 19.2 PPg on O w/o him which included beating NE which peyton always struggled to do.

Cinn has no shot to beat denver in denver with AJ. Bronco Def will chew him up and Denver will score enough to win

I don't see any way the Steelers lose. They're probably the second best team in the AFC right now (maybe even the best) and they're playing two garbage teams in the Ravens and Browns.

Chiefs won't lose to the Browns at home. No chance. Raiders at home is possible -- if the Raiders are motivated to play spoiler they have a shot.

Broncos losing to the Bengals is our ticket.

And of course, we need to beat the Pats and Bills.

No chance SD mails it in against the Broncos., especially if they can knock them out of the playoffs. That's like saying the Bills will mail it in against the Jets in Week 17. There is nothing Phillip Rivers would want more than to knock the Broncos out. 

Cinn has no shot to beat denver in denver with AJ. Bronco Def will chew him up and Denver will score enough to win

I do give Rivers a better shot than if he had to win the game to get into the playoffs as he usually gags in a big spot but SD's season ended yesterday.  I will be shocked if they compete w/ Denver.

Cincy has AJ, den has osweiler.  it will come down to who makes the least amount of mistakes.

I do give Rivers a better shot than if he had to win the game to get into the playoffs as he usually gags in a big spot but SD's season ended yesterday.  I will be shocked if they compete w/ Denver.

Cincy has AJ, den has osweiler.  it will come down to who makes the least amount of mistakes.

Osweiler played a great 1H, pitt made some adjustments and Ben balled in 2H

SD has no weapons on offense and defense is not good enough to beat denver in denver, and denver would be playing for their lives

Osweiler played a great 1H, pitt made some adjustments and Ben balled in 2H

SD has no weapons on offense and defense is not good enough to beat denver in denver, and denver would be playing for their lives

as good as osweiler was in the 1st half he was that bad in the 2nd half.  he looked like he didn't belong on an NFL field and played scared.  I don't know if the injury at the end of the 1st half had anything to do w/ it but I have more confidence in McCarron at this point than Osweiler.

Wow!

Thanks for the stats!

I guess they would have showed me even less if Manning was taking snaps.

Peyton has always been great at helping put teams in position to be a higher seed in the playoffs but he was not playing well this year.  You'd still rather have Peyton than osweiler but there wasn't any dropoff from Manning to osweiler.

I don't see any way the Steelers lose. They're probably the second best team in the AFC right now (maybe even the best) and they're playing two garbage teams in the Ravens and Browns.

Chiefs won't lose to the Browns at home. No chance. Raiders at home is possible -- if the Raiders are motivated to play spoiler they have a shot.

Broncos losing to the Bengals is our ticket.

And of course, we need to beat the Pats and Bills.

If the Steelers are the best team in the AFC, that'll make possibly missing the playoffs hurt even more.  Sure their offense is borderline great (not insane though), but that D is average at best.  Even w/o a perfect game from the Jets, we could hang with them.

If the Steelers are the best team in the AFC, that'll make possibly missing the playoffs hurt even more.  Sure their offense is borderline great (not insane though), but that D is average at best.  Even w/o a perfect game from the Jets, we could hang with them.

Yeah, I think we're good enough to "hang" with just about anyone.

That's one reason I want the playoffs his year -- there's no team in the AFC we can't beat. We would have a chance to make a run.

Archived