GET LOUD PLEDGE

kevinc855

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is there this feeling that this needs to be said?

We're plenty loud.  You should have heard a handful of us at the Giants game, was great.

SAR I

not a psl holder but make a couple games a year and some times met life can be quiet. Well we were losing so the 300 crowd was stuffing hot dogs down instead of being loud

We're plenty loud.  You should have heard a handful of us at the Giants game, was great.

SAR I

Ahhh... the obligatory SAR I defensive, "Us STH's pay thousands, drive many miles in the snow...and we can be as late, as quiet and lame, and leave as early as we want" schtick.  Sorry man, to outta state Jets fans, the atmosphere and energy usually blows.  That's why and you know it.  And yes I know you live in Maine or RI or wherever so "technically" are an outta state Jets fan....

SAR I

It's because there will be 20,000 empty seats at kickoff...tailgate until 12:57, than expect to be in your seats even close to kickoff. It's because the club seats, especially coaches club will be half full. It's because if something bad happens early, instead of continuing to make noise, everyone gets the SOJ syndrome and waits for the next bad thing to happen. Because there will be 10,000 pats fans filling seats that are usually empty  

Since the Jets moved out of Shea, there have been a handful of games where our crowd was an advantage. 98 playoff vs Jacksonville, game vs Packers that put us in Playoffs, Colts playoff game, and the Rex opener versus Pats. I don't think there has been a game in Met life that has really been an advantage.  They even built the stadium with seats designed to mask no shows on tv!

The Jets should be in a 65,000 seat stadium, no bigger. The same reason that Citifield is smaller than Yankee Stadium...the Mets have a smaller fan base than the Yankees. 

If this fan base will get excited, it will be this game. I hope we show up. 

not a psl holder but make a couple games a year and some times met life can be quiet. Well we were losing so the 300 crowd was stuffing hot dogs down instead of being loud

MetLife, like any stadium in the NFL, will get really quiet when the team is 4-12.

The stadium has been extremely loud this year, can't believe this even needs to be discussed.

SAR I

Ahhh... the obligatory SAR I defensive, "Us STH's pay thousands, drive many miles in the snow...and we can be as late, as quiet and lame, and leave as early as we want" schtick.  Sorry man, to outta state Jets fans, the atmosphere and energy usually blows.  That's why and you know it.  And yes I know you live in Maine or RI or wherever so "technically" are an outta state Jets fan....

First, I haven't lived in NH for 6 years, I live in Bergen County NJ now.

Next, just because CBS decided to lower the volume on your little TV speakers doesn't mean the crowd isn't loud. 

Lastly, show up or shut up.  Seriously.  If the stadium isn't loud enough for your liking, get your ass down to 10 games and scream your lungs out.  If there are voices missing, they're yours, not ours.

SAR I

It's because there will be 20,000 empty seats at kickoff...tailgate until 12:57, than expect to be in your seats even close to kickoff. It's because the club seats, especially coaches club will be half full. It's because if something bad happens early, instead of continuing to make noise, everyone gets the SOJ syndrome and waits for the next bad thing to happen. Because there will be 10,000 pats fans filling seats that are usually empty  

Since the Jets moved out of Shea, there have been a handful of games where our crowd was an advantage. 98 playoff vs Jacksonville, game vs Packers that put us in Playoffs, Colts playoff game, and the Rex opener versus Pats. I don't think there has been a game in Met life that has really been an advantage.  They even built the stadium with seats designed to mask no shows on tv!

The Jets should be in a 65,000 seat stadium, no bigger. The same reason that Citifield is smaller than Yankee Stadium...the Mets have a smaller fan base than the Yankees. 

The tailgaters take too long in the parking lots.  I don't like them either.  Yes, they should get into the stadium earlier.  But by 1:15 they're all in there, place is packed.  Note:  The Giants game, same thing happened.  The NFL is filled with drunks who party for hours before games and forget the time.  This isn't unique to the Jets.

Coaches Club seats aren't half full.  The fans there have the option of sitting in their seats or standing down behind the bench.  For various times throughout the game those fans are up and down, it's why they paid so much.  They're not 'empty seats'.  The fans are getting even closer to the action, they should be commended for that.

If something bad happens to any team, the fans get subdued.  I've been to a ton of Rangers, Islanders, Devils, Mets, Yankees, and Knicks games, those buildings get so quiet at times you can hear a pin drop.  It doesn't mean the fans aren't into it, it just means we're stunned by moments of ineptitude.  We bounce back quickly.  Note:  The Giants game, their fans got really quiet during our comeback.  This isn't unique to the Jets.

You mention a handful of the greatest games in our history and we're to be surprised that you think "the fans were into it"?  I've been to almost every home game since '01, we have been plenty loud on plenty of occasions, not just those.

The Jets lead the AFC in attendance with 78,100 fans per game.  That's only 4,000 shy of a full house.  And you think it's best to lop off the upper deck and create a 65,000 seat stadium?  Why?  The late arriving tailgaters, the club seaters going behind the bench, it's all going to be the same.  You should be grateful we have a slightly larger stadium than the Jets can support; it allows for future growth when no season tickets are to be had, just like in the waitlist days of the late 90s.

"I hope we show up".  God, what a lame thing to say.

SAR I

Mets have a bigger fanbase than the Yankees.

Always have.

They lowered the seating capacity of both Citifield and Yankee stadiums compared to the old stadiums because the average attendance during the best of times is around 43,000 for baseball.  With 10,000 empty seats there isnt the same demand as 43,000 people trying to get seats in a 45,000 seat stadium like Citifield and 49,000 for Yankee Stadium.  Supply and demand was the point.

As for the Jets, they're near the top of the league as far as attendance goes so not getting your point.  A few seats behind the Giants, you're point doesnt really work.  

The tailgaters take too long in the parking lots.  Yes, they should get into the stadium earlier.  

SAR I

This is true.

The place will not be full until at least 5 minutes into the game.  Everyone should be in their seats and ready to go by the introductions.

I never enter last minute.  There is usually a long line at the gate and it takes you an extra 15 minutes to get to your seat.

What I have been doing recently is:

A).  Get to the stadium early, beat the traffic and have one or two obligatory stiff cocktails in the parking lot.  It's always "drink time" somewhere.

B).  Enter the gate around 11:30.  There is no line and the concourses are pretty empty.  You can maneuver around like a human.

C).  Eat something inside the stadium.  Yeah, pay the nut but WTF it's only 8 times a year.

D).  Mosey on down to the first or second row in 123 by the tunnel by 12:00, watch the warmups up close like batting practice and sometimes catch some celebs on the sideline.

E).  Get up to my seats in 340 by 12:45, joining the blue collar burpers and farters and in position to boo the opposing team when they enter the field. 

This regimen will not work for everyone but for me I get a good taste of everything Game Day offers and I am in my seat ready to go before the actual game starts.

SAR I

don't know why u take it personal when someone says the stadium isn't long enough. Or to get loud ect... 

In in the past 6 years I've missed 2 games, so I know. 4-12 or not, met life just isn't that loud. This year has been better. The Bills game was loud. But overall there's a lot of phone checking and side conversations. 

First, I haven't lived in NH for 6 years, I live in Bergen County NJ now.

Next, just because CBS decided to lower the volume on your little TV speakers doesn't mean the crowd isn't loud. 

Lastly, show up or shut up.  Seriously.  If the stadium isn't loud enough for your liking, get your ass down to 10 games and scream your lungs out.  If there are voices missing, they're yours, not ours.

SAR I

I live in Florida.  And I do go to games... on the road.  Was at the 98 (Denver, old Mile High) and 2010 AFCCGs (Pittsburgh)...and many others.    Were you there?!?!?  Or do the home games versus Jacksonville better suit your decibel tolerance?  You're a lame tool, like far too many STHs..... with a tired schtick.

The tailgaters take too long in the parking lots.  I don't like them either.  Yes, they should get into the stadium earlier.  But by 1:15 they're all in there, place is packed.  Note:  The Giants game, same thing happened.  The NFL is filled with drunks who party for hours before games and forget the time.  This isn't unique to the Jets.

Coaches Club seats aren't half full.  The fans there have the option of sitting in their seats or standing down behind the bench.  For various times throughout the game those fans are up and down, it's why they paid so much.  They're not 'empty seats'.  The fans are getting even closer to the action, they should be commended for that.

If something bad happens to any team, the fans get subdued.  I've been to a ton of Rangers, Islanders, Devils, Mets, Yankees, and Knicks games, those buildings get so quiet at times you can hear a pin drop.  It doesn't mean the fans aren't into it, it just means we're stunned by moments of ineptitude.  We bounce back quickly.  Note:  The Giants game, their fans got really quiet during our comeback.  This isn't unique to the Jets.

You mention a handful of the greatest games in our history and we're to be surprised that you think "the fans were into it"?  I've been to almost every home game since '01, we have been plenty loud on plenty of occasions, not just those.

The Jets lead the AFC in attendance with 78,100 fans per game.  That's only 4,000 shy of a full house.  And you think it's best to lop off the upper deck and create a 65,000 seat stadium?  Why?  The late arriving tailgaters, the club seaters going behind the bench, it's all going to be the same.  You should be grateful we have a slightly larger stadium than the Jets can support; it allows for future growth when no season tickets are to be had, just like in the waitlist days of the late 90s.

"I hope we show up".  God, what a lame thing to say.

SAR I

We agree on the tailgaters.

You are missing the point on the other issues.  I think our fan base, the people who are really fans, are loud and have passion.  There are simply not enough of them to consistently fill an 82,000 seat stadium.  You keep saying we are #1 in attendance, it's simply untrue.  We may be #1 in tickets sold, but the NFL never shows true scanned attendance, they haven't for a long time.  Go look at the thousands of seats that get sold in all sections from re-sellers other than nfl ticket exchange, and look how many of the listings are for 8 seats, 7 seats, etc.  Nobody owns 8 seats and re-sells them every game...they are tickets dumped by the Jets because they are un-sold, although since they sell them to brokers they show in the attendance count you mention.  For most games, there are scores of empty seats in every section...watch a home Giant game on TV and then watch most home Jets games...there is a visible difference.

I pointed out those games because the crowd made a difference.  Like a Knick/Ranger crowd when they are going, or the old Yankee Stadium crowd...it's those times you feel like a fanbase can will a performance out of a team.  I think the crowd in that Pats game I mentioned, in some part, willed the Jets to play at a higher level. 

And yes, I would actually prefer the stadium to be 65,000 seats.  It would place a premium on being a season ticket holder, make every seat in the stadium worth more, and candidly probably make for a louder, more intimidating atmosphere. It would actually give the PSL's we all paid more value, versus seeing tickets all around us sold below cost 6 out of 8 games.  Since we will be where we are for a while, that won't happen.

In terms of being lame...I hope the crowd Sunday is as awesome as you think they will be.  

Mets have a bigger fanbase than the Yankees.

Always have.

They lowered the seating capacity of both Citifield and Yankee stadiums compared to the old stadiums because the average attendance during the best of times is around 43,000 for baseball.  With 10,000 empty seats there isnt the same demand as 43,000 people trying to get seats in a 45,000 seat stadium like Citifield and 49,000 for Yankee Stadium.  Supply and demand was the point.

As for the Jets, they're near the top of the league as far as attendance goes so not getting your point.  A few seats behind the Giants, you're point doesnt really work.  

I don't think the Yankees and Mets discussion is worth having...if you look at either ticket sales or TV ratings, the Yankees are well above the Mets.  I am obviously a huge Jets fan, but the Giants are the bigger fan base in NY, based on ratings and tickets.

The attendance numbers are tickets sold, including sales to brokers, not people in the stadium.  Just for fun, go on Seatgeek on any Sunday morning and see the thousands of tickets being re-sold for any Jets game.  I just went on a minute ago...I can buy a row of 19 tickets for this week from a re-seller.  I can sit on the 50 yard line in section 338 and buy 7 tickets today.

On NFL ticket exchange, I can buy a row of 14 tickets in section 313, on the 50...or right in front of that a row of 11. You are telling me that there is someone that purchased 19 tickets or 7 tickets together and now has to sell them for the best game of the year.  Want a big group to sit lower?  You can sit in my section, 111a...how about 8 in row 30 or 7 in row 8? This fan base can not be that naive to think that these tickets are just fans who can not make it.

I don't think the Yankees and Mets discussion is worth having...if you look at either ticket sales or TV ratings, the Yankees are well above the Mets.  I am obviously a huge Jets fan, but the Giants are the bigger fan base in NY, based on ratings and tickets.

The attendance numbers are tickets sold, including sales to brokers, not people in the stadium.  Just for fun, go on Seatgeek on any Sunday morning and see the thousands of tickets being re-sold for any Jets game.  I just went on a minute ago...I can buy a row of 19 tickets for this week from a re-seller.  I can sit on the 50 yard line in section 338 and buy 7 tickets today.

On NFL ticket exchange, I can buy a row of 14 tickets in section 313, on the 50...or right in front of that a row of 11. You are telling me that there is someone that purchased 19 tickets or 7 tickets together and now has to sell them for the best game of the year.  Want a big group to sit lower?  You can sit in my section, 111a...how about 8 in row 30 or 7 in row 8? This fan base can not be that naive to think that these tickets are just fans who can not make it.

When the Mets have won they've out ranked and out drawn the Yankees on every level.  There was the Mets, the Giants and the Dodgers.  NY was always a NL town, when the Dodgers & Giants left their fans became Mets fans.  The Yankees are the biggest draw outside of NY, inside not so much.

I could care less how tickets are sold.  The change in sales are due to the internet and the availability to get them on the secondary market.  Its that way for every team, whats the point.  The Jets had a 10 year waiting list for tickets at Giants stadium, which had seating close to what Met Life has.  Has nothing to do with the size of the fanbase,  The number of asses in the seats say your theory is wrong.  The Jets draw is in the top of the NFL.  You can try and tell us why all you want its not important

When the Mets have won they've out ranked and out drawn the Yankees on every level.  There was the Mets, the Giants and the Dodgers.  NY was always a NL town, when the Dodgers & Giants left their fans became Mets fans.  The Yankees are the biggest draw outside of NY, inside not so much.

I could care less how tickets are sold.  The change in sales are due to the internet and the availability to get them on the secondary market.  Its that way for every team, whats the point.  The Jets had a 10 year waiting list for tickets at Giants stadium, which had seating close to what Met Life has.  Has nothing to do with the size of the fanbase,  The number of asses in the seats say your theory is wrong.  The Jets draw is in the top of the NFL.  You can try and tell us why all you want its not important

Your Mets argument is factually wrong. 

My point is there are thousands of tickets available even today unsold, no asses in seats.  And many will go unsold.

There is nothing wrong about my Mets comment.  

http://espn.go.com/mlb/attendance

In 2015, the best year the Mets have had in recent memory, they averaged 31,725 per game (75.9% of capacity)
The Yankees averaged 39,922 per game (80.4% of capacity), which was their lowest average since the new stadium opened.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/sports/baseball/mets-close-gap-with-yankees-in-tv-viewership.html?_r=0

Again, in a great year for the Mets, closing the gap is what they could accomplish. From 2007 on the difference was very consistent.  It doesn't mean Mets fans are less passionate than Yankees fans...there are simply less of them.  It's the same with Jets/Giants, there are a smaller number of Jets fans to fill seats.

ratings.png

The drums of battle are getting LOUDER with each passing day towards Sunday . . . 

giphy.gif

You don't need to pledge.

For those new in attendance will FEEL what those of us who've been to every game since August have nurtured: A raucousness that will have the Stadium humming.  Vs. Buffalo I saw how loud JetsLife Stadium can get. We KNOW what WE AS FANS are capable of in CONTRIBUTING to the Jets on the field (Delay of game, 12 men on field, False Starts).

THIS IS our HOME PLAYOFF game, and NOTICE has been served to those coming to the game on Sunday. Don't bother to ask people to sit, cuz WE WON't LISTEN. 60 mins. ALL DAY. EVERY NYJ DEFENSIVE SNAP.

The drums of battle are getting LOUDER with each passing day towards Sunday . . . 

giphy.gif

You don't need to pledge.

For those new in attendance will FEEL what those of us who've been to every game since August have nurtured: A raucousness that will have the Stadium humming.  Vs. Buffalo I saw how loud JetsLife Stadium can get. We KNOW what WE AS FANS are capable of in CONTRIBUTING to the Jets on the field (Delay of game, 12 men on field, False Starts).

THIS IS our HOME PLAYOFF game, and NOTICE has been served to those coming to the game on Sunday. Don't bother to ask people to sit, cuz WE WON't LISTEN. 60 mins. ALL DAY. EVERY NYJ DEFENSIVE SNAP.

Inspirational speech.  Tell the losers that ask you to sit, "Hell no, you should be standing up!"  Home fans....   smh.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/attendance

In 2015, the best year the Mets have had in recent memory, they averaged 31,725 per game (75.9% of capacity)
The Yankees averaged 39,922 per game (80.4% of capacity), which was their lowest average since the new stadium opened.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/sports/baseball/mets-close-gap-with-yankees-in-tv-viewership.html?_r=0

Again, in a great year for the Mets, closing the gap is what they could accomplish. From 2007 on the difference was very consistent.  It doesn't mean Mets fans are less passionate than Yankees fans...there are simply less of them.  It's the same with Jets/Giants, there are a smaller number of Jets fans to fill seats.

ratings.png

What it means is that baseball is becoming less and less relevant to the American sports fan.  When the baby boomers generation dies, so does baseball.  Too slow, too many, too long, too boring for today's youth.

don't know why u take it personal when someone says the stadium isn't long enough. Or to get loud ect... 

In in the past 6 years I've missed 2 games, so I know. 4-12 or not, met life just isn't that loud. This year has been better. The Bills game was loud. But overall there's a lot of phone checking and side conversations. 

I take it personally because it's been almost 10 years of this stuff and it needs to stop already.  Ever since the PSL's were announced and fans were getting displaced it's been open season on Woody Johnson and the season ticket holders who decided to re-up their seats by those who opted-out.

That, and it's amazing how people sitting on their couches watching TV know what the atmosphere is like inside a stadium they couldn't be bothered to travel to. 

SAR I

I take it personally because it's been almost 10 years of this stuff and it needs to stop already.  Ever since the PSL's were announced and fans were getting displaced it's been open season on Woody Johnson and the season ticket holders who decided to re-up their seats by those who opted-out.

That, and it's amazing how people sitting on their couches watching TV know what the atmosphere is like inside a stadium they couldn't be bothered to travel to. 

SAR I

the op didn't say anything about a psl,and I ain't on my couch, I've been to as many games if not more than u over the last10 years. It's getting old sar, 

ur a good poster and seem like a decent dude, but your schtick is s bit tired.

I live in Florida.  And I do go to games... on the road.  Was at the 98 (Denver, old Mile High) and 2010 AFCCGs (Pittsburgh)...and many others.    Were you there?!?!?  Or do the home games versus Jacksonville better suit your decibel tolerance?  You're a lame tool, like far too many STHs..... with a tired schtick.

I lived in NH for 14 years, went to every Jets/Patriots game in Foxboro in enemy colors, drove down 4x a year 10 hours round trip as a season ticket holder that entire time.  I've been to road games in Green Bay, Miami, Kansas City, as well as playoff games in Indianapolis, San Diego, and New England.  I've been a season ticket holder since 2001, been attending games since 1980, haven't missed a preseason or regular season game, ever, I'm about as hardcore as they come.

You don't know a damned thing about me but judge me a 'tool' because of what?  Because I have money and can afford PSL's?  Because your HDTV has bad speakers?  Your shtick is tired chief, not mine.  Calling out PSL owners because they make a decent salary and choose to spend it on the Jets, acting like we're second-class fans because we don't drink warm beer in ripped flannel shirts, the very definition of lame.

SAR I

Archived