Season Thoughts

j4jets

We lost to the Billsx2, Patriots, Texans(with TJ Yates), Eagles and Raiders. We deserved to miss the playoffs

What was discouraging was the lack of intensity from a team trying to win to make the playoffs. I don't understand that. I am having serious concern about Bowles being so laid back that he is almost asleep. I know it is not his way to raise hell with players, but he needs to do something when someone does something stupid like jump offside on 4th freaking down. I hope he learns this part of coaching because it is almost as important as a good game plan. This team needs to show some heart and fight.

Seriously CrazyCarl? Fitz is the best option out there? He peaked. Its time to move on. I'd much rather draft a rookie and let him play it out than to waste another year on Fitz, hoping for a few miracles every year to make the playoffs. Do you know how many 4th quarter game winning drives Fitz has in his 11 year career. I don't wanna bash Fitz. He played his heart out this year for the team. I'd like him on the team as our #2, just not the starter. The way it should have been this year.

So. Again. What's your alternative? You spout all of this Fitz stuff but fail to realize he just had the best season a QB has ever had for this Jets team. So, yes, for continuity and for the best chance to win games next season, Fitz is the day one starter with two young backups soaking up all they can from him. Hopefully in 2017 Petty or someone else will be ready to go. 

Another somewhat strange note- every TD this season was scored by our offense. None from the D or ST's...

WOW! That is an incredible stat. Has that ever happened? That is actually a very damning statistic based on us spending so much money in free agency on the secondary & 3 first rounders on the Dline. Our pass rush was non existent today & all year long it's been a crap shoot. The idea that the Patriots with Chandler Jones, Ninkovich & a bunch of nobodies have more sacks is telling. Our linebackers are terrible. Like someone else already stated Damario Davis is dead to me, the guy flat out sucks & that stupid Jesus on the cross thing he does needs to be done on another team. 

Im sorry but while Mo Wilkerson is a very good player, I don't think we have one player on this team that is untradeable. Sammy Watkins used Revis as toilet paper today, it was sickening.

WOW! That is an incredible stat. Has that ever happened? That is actually a very damning statistic based on us spending so much money in free agency on the secondary & 3 first rounders on the Dline. Our pass rush was non existent today & all year long it's been a crap shoot. The idea that the Patriots with Chandler Jones, Ninkovich & a bunch of nobodies have more sacks is telling. Our linebackers are terrible. Like someone else already stated Damario Davis is dead to me, the guy flat out sucks & that stupid Jesus on the cross thing he does needs to be done on another team. 

Im sorry but while Mo Wilkerson is a very good player, I don't think we have one player on this team that is untradeable. Sammy Watkins used Revis as toilet paper today, it was sickening.

Good question...just seemed like over the second half of the year everything rested on Fitz and Marshall making plays. 

What was discouraging was the lack of intensity from a team trying to win to make the playoffs. I don't understand that. I am having serious concern about Bowles being so laid back that he is almost asleep. I know it is not his way to raise hell with players, but he needs to do something when someone does something stupid like jump offside on 4th freaking down. I hope he learns this part of coaching because it is almost as important as a good game plan. This team needs to show some heart and fight.

Lombardi would have kicked Sheldon in the shins, cursed him out and sat his ass down a series.    

I think I made it pretty clear that one needs to debate with me with an open mind. That's how debates should be done. Otherwise it's an argument. You seem to be the one not willing to talk about things in a different perspective other than "Geno sucks, Rex sucks, Fitz had a career year, we won 10 games etc". I gave you a totally different perspective that homers ignore n don't want to talk about it simply dismiss it without a reasoning, something you just did. 

And yes, I wanted my own special thread to bitch about because I wasn't aware we weren't allowed to create more than "30 other threads". 

The truth is when you can't beat one of Oakland, Houston, or Buffalo on the road, you don't deserve to make the playoffs no matter how talented you claim to be.   Still major depth issues on this team carrying over from the Ryan/Idzik era.

The real burning stat is this: #4 defense, #10 offense, and no playoffs.  That stings.

The sad thing is, with the tough schedule next year, this team could improve and still go 9-7.

To get a chance at a top pick you have to loose year after year.  So you are okay picking whatever QB we can get and go 1-15/3-13 for the first year? Okay.

Sanchez didn't go 1-15/3-13. Neither did Geno. I'm ok with a 7-9 win season of it means developing a QB. Playing Fitz will only develop headache. 

Are we REALLY still talking about Geno Smith? I'm looking forward to when he's cut in the next few months.

Fitz is the guy going forward. That doesn't mean we stop looking for our Peyton Manning in the draft - but everybody can rest easy knowing that we have our quarterback for next season... for once. That is assuming we re-up Fitz, which I don't see any reason why we wouldn't.

Who gives a sh*t what teams we beat? Thats the schedule the nfl set for us. Nobody said we would go 10-6...but we did. Despite this brutal loss we far exceeded any expectations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who gives a sh*t if we only beat sh*t teams with one exception and lose to sh*t teams? And we didn't exceed our expectations. We were expected to beat sh*t teams. As it turned out, the Two games against Pat were the only two games we weren't playing against a sh*t team n yet we win just 9 out of 14 against sh*t teams n think losing out on the playoffs was brutal. Buffalo was 6-8 excluding the two games they played against us. That's pretty sh*t n to lose to them twice was a disgrace. We beat em twice, we get a first ******* round bye. So yeah, not being able to beat sh*t teams is what cost us. sh*t. 

Who gives a sh*t what teams we beat? Thats the schedule the nfl set for us. Nobody said we would go 10-6...but we did. Despite this brutal loss we far exceeded any expectations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we had the EASIEST schedule in the league and ONLY came up with ten wins. 

So. Again. What's your alternative? You spout all of this Fitz stuff but fail to realize he just had the best season a QB has ever had for this Jets team. So, yes, for continuity and for the best chance to win games next season, Fitz is the day one starter with two young backups soaking up all they can from him. Hopefully in 2017 Petty or someone else will be ready to go. 

Did you not read the OP? If you didn't, why are you debating? I made it pretty clear we played almost the entire season against crappy Ds with several key players missing. That's how you forge a franchise setting year, which doesn't exactly say much for the Jets anyways. It's actually a shame we haven't had a 30TD passer. As bad as Sanchez was, even he threw for 26 n rushed for another 6...n missed the playoffs. Missing the playoffs seem to be a big factor. This is 2015, not pre-Ty Law rule 1998. 14 QBs threw for more yardage than Fitz. 13 QBs therew for 29+ TDs. That puts him right in the middle of the peck, throwing against some of the weakest Ds in the league. Dolphins, Browns, Raiders, Eagles, Redskins, Giants, Colts n Jags rank in the bottom third of the league in passing D. Bills ranked 19th n Pats ranked 17th. 

But yeah, our middle-of-the-peck QB play was awesome! All Fitz had to do was protect the ball on that first int n throw it away if the play wasn't there and he would've been hailed the hero. But he couldn't. 

Who gives a sh*t if we only beat sh*t teams with one exception and lose to sh*t teams? And we didn't exceed our expectations. We were expected to beat sh*t teams. As it turned out, the Two games against Pat were the only two games we weren't playing against a sh*t team n yet we win just 9 out of 14 against sh*t teams n think losing out on the playoffs was brutal. Buffalo was 6-8 excluding the two games they played against us. That's pretty sh*t n to lose to them twice was a disgrace. We beat em twice, we get a first ******* round bye. So yeah, not being able to beat sh*t teams is what cost us. sh*t. 

WE HAVE NOW LOST 5 TIMES IN A ROW TO THE BILLS WHO CRUCIFIED US WHEN REX WAS OUR COACH BTW

Yes just absolutely pathetic.  This is entirely Bowles' fault.  His defensive scheme was a joke.  Bills had the ball 70% of the time. 

all he had to do was have Revis play press coverage against Watkins whil double teaming him up top. Take Watkins out n let Fraud Taylor win throwing to Salas. Double team Watkins n contain the QB. It wasn't rocket science. It was painful watching Bills sh*t on this D all day long on third downs while we sucked on the other end. 

all he had to do was have Revis play press coverage against Watkins whil double teaming him up top. Take Watkins out n let Fraud Taylor win throwing to Salas. Double team Watkins n contain the QB. It wasn't rocket science. It was painful watching Bills sh*t on this D all day long on third downs while we sucked on the other end. 

Disgraceful.  I lost a lot of respect and trust in Bowles today.  A 10 year playing Madden takes Watkins out of the game plan. No Clay, no McCoy, no Woods - they even lost their back up RB and still let them dominate in every aspect of this game.   

I think we had a good season but I would call it a complete success. We should have made the playoffs with the talent and schedule we had. Well see what Macc does this offseason. But we need to get younger and better.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Please take off your green glasses when you read this.

- Without looking at the stats and rankings, I'd say we played against 10+ Ds that ranked in the bottom half. To top it off, we played against 10+ Ds that were missing its key players.

- We beat ONE team with a .500+ record. That was last week. It was a great victory to say the least. Other 9 wins came against teams at .500 or below (with the exception to the Redskins).

- We should have won 4 against NFC East and 4 against AFC South plus two against Raiders and the Browns. We went 7-3. We should have swept the Bills and Dolphins. We went 2-2. If anyone thinks Bowles is a great coach and we were a great football team, we should have won 12+ games, cuz we played 11 games against teams BELOW .500. Its not rocket science. We couldnt beat them cuz we weren't that good. I expected us to win 12 games this year, knowing very well we had an average to slightly above average team. I was mocked and called a homer. 

- We won 10 games. Bowles doesn't deserve kudos for the 10 wins. We played against sh*t teams that were missing key players.

- What happened to Fitzmagic? Oh I know, it rarely works when you need a comeback. Fitz is not a franchise QB. He had a good year against sh*t Ds with two 'Pro-bowl caliber' WRs. Geno had him beat through the entire offseason. Speaks volume for Fitz, who's magic vanished when he didn't have a backup RB. Something tells me he needed every bit of the talent around him to make plays. I don't blame him though. He is what he is. I just want the board to realize that and stop calling him the next coming of Rich Gannon or an MVP candidate (seriously?). I hope we don't go into 2016 season with Fitz as our #1 QB. It won't take us anywhere.

YOU ARE WHAT YOUR RECORD SAYS YOU ARE

I think I made it pretty clear that one needs to debate with me with an open mind. That's how debates should be done. Otherwise it's an argument. You seem to be the one not willing to talk about things in a different perspective other than "Geno sucks, Rex sucks, Fitz had a career year, we won 10 games etc". I gave you a totally different perspective that homers ignore n don't want to talk about it simply dismiss it without a reasoning, something you just did. 

And yes, I wanted my own special thread to bitch about because I wasn't aware we weren't allowed to create more than "30 other threads". 

You're the one without an open mind when you pretty much dismiss any dissenting opinion as wearing green glasses in your first sentence.  So I went ahed and read the rest of your post.  You spend an awful lot of effort going on about strength of schedule.  Let's be real clear here, this is the NFL.  Rex may have been blasted for it, but he's right when he says there is no East Carolina's here.  Year in and year out the league consists of 2 or 3 teams that more often than not are going to lose a game no matter who they play.  There are 2 or 3 that more often than not going to win regardless of who they face.  Then there's the rest of the league.  a 6-10 team is very capable of beating a 10-6 team on any given Sunday.  It's football, that's how it goes.  Teams like OAK, BUF, PHI, NYG, WAS, HOU, IND, MIA, hell even JAX are capable of beating just about any team in the NFL.  That's just the nature of the parity in this league.  We're not a superpower by any means, but it's absolutely ignorant to sit there and say Fitz sucks, he just played so good this year because the schedule is weak.  That's nonsense.  He's a smart QB with limitations, but he played solid football all year and there are few if any instances where you can point to him being the sole reason we lost a game. 

As for next season, I have been pounding the table that we need to draft a QB I n the first round.  While I am happy with Fitz, and I do think we need to resign him, I also believe we need to keep drafting for our future.  I don't think you can bank on a guy like Petty being the guy.  Draft a 1st round blue chip QB prospect, let him compete with Petty, and if either Petty or the draft pick starts showing real signs of ability and Fitz is struggling you make the move. 

Sanchez didn't go 1-15/3-13. Neither did Geno. I'm ok with a 7-9 win season of it means developing a QB. Playing Fitz will only develop headache. 

Tampa Bay went 6-10; Marriota went 3-13 in a weak division.  And these teams had to go 3-13 the year before just to be able to draft a top notch QB.  So, you are most likely looking at multiple 3-16 seasons before you make progress.  And that is assuming we are bad when other QB needy teams aren't and the next Luck comes out.

I would prefer to draft smart.  Get QBs with upside and have fill the gap QB in place until they are ready.

Also, this assumes that Fitz the main culprit of the loss.  Drafting a top notch QB doesn't guarantee the WR will catch the ball.  Look at the great Tom Brady; lost 4 or the last 6 because his top guys are out.  If his receivers decided to drop every pass, he wouldn't win jack either.

the season was not a success, had we won 11 and missed out I could buy a little bit of success but to see Pitt lose last week and just need to beat a dead Bills team and come out flat and unprepared makes this season a failure.  it was still fun at times and much more fun than 2014 but in the end another failure.  I cannot believe we blew it against the Buffalo Bills.  2 games against Buffalo where we were outcoached by our former coach.

the season was not a success, had we won 11 and missed out I could buy a little bit of success but to see Pitt lose last week and just need to beat a dead Bills team and come out flat and unprepared makes this season a failure.  it was still fun at times and much more fun than 2014 but in the end another failure.  I cannot believe we blew it against the Buffalo Bills.  2 games against Buffalo where we were outcoached by our former coach.

We played like crap both times we played them and still almost won.  Imagine how we could have done if we came prepared and on our game?

We played like crap both times we played them and still almost won.  Imagine how we could have done if we came prepared and on our game?

Buf had their bags packed, all we had to do was come out like we wanted to play and we would have easily won.  Instead the wind bothered us all 1st half and never bothered Buf.  the team was not prepared to play.

Archived