Jacquizz Rodgers - free agent running back

jetscrazey

This is a guy who may come cheap, and could be a very good depth guy for the Gailey offense, as he's a dual threat (running/receiving).  I wouldn't mind carrying 3 backs, by resigning Powell, signing Rodgers, and drafting a "between the tackles" guy if they want to move on from Ivory who seems to be getting injuries at the wrong time always.

Rodgers is a small, shifty running back who caught 50+ balls in 2012 and 2013 down in Atlanta with Matt Ryan.  In 2014 his production tailed off on a bad team with only 23 catches and in 2015 he signed with the Bears but ended up in IR early in the season with a broken arm.  He could fill in for Powell so the offense doesn't shut down if he gets injured.  He also plays special teams.

We need a bellcow.  Powell is an effective backup, a totally ineffective starter.  I think that guy comes in the draft.  OL, LB, RB.  Probably in that order

Drafting positions in that order would mean Macc totally changes his draft philosophy .

He's a RB who's never averaged 4 per.  Is at 3.6 per for his career and never more than 360 yards.  He is a one trick pony and not really one of my 3 RBs, would ra her draft an all around back

I wouldn't take him as a #1 or #2, but as a #3 fallback he could be decent and also would contribute on special teams.

Is there really a Jacquizz Rodgers sign this beast thread only, what, 10 days into the off-season for us? Sheesh.

who's calling him a beast?  I'm calling him a #3 RB who can be a cheap dual-threat and play special teams.  His skill set is a fit for the Gailey system.  Just one potential target out of the pool of RB free agents who could make sense.

who's calling him a beast?  I'm calling him a #3 RB who can be a cheap dual-threat and play special teams.  His skill set is a fit for the Gailey system.  Just one potential target out of the pool of RB free agents who could make sense.

lmfao

Drafting positions in that order would mean Macc totally changes his draft philosophy .

he will take best player, no doubt.  I would just rate the positions as q,w,3 all things being equal.  I think our OL need is the greatest, with the exception of QB.

Archived