Daredevil Mafia

JustInFudge

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah fair enough and I make the point again, crusher claimed after Ape's claim played out because to counter during ape's claim would've taken the focus away from the Ape claim. town was looking at potential LYLO so if Ape claim was able to coast along without any other curveballs, ape's claim would work. Crusher, countering not during that claim but at NIGHT the day after, didn't interfere with Ape. Town role would say "stop everything, he is faking."

That argument shouldn't be need to be viewed under the light of my truthiness

One thing that is sticking a bit is why Pac's point about LK ending last game with apology and starting this game with a less combative style (and he seems fairly reasonable right now too), does the newly reformed LK making a fake claim as town make sense?

Doesn't seem like it.

But why did he hope off the AVM train? Did Ape not want him on the train for his sensor bs? And why stick on Ape vote? I assume Ape/scum was viewing hess as the swing voter ysterday, and once it was clear they lost him they might of decided to bus. Had they kept hess, I think they'd have pushed for the AVM lynch

One thing that is sticking a bit is why Pac's point about LK ending last game with apology and starting this game with a less combative style (and he seems fairly reasonable right now too), does the newly reformed LK making a fake claim as town make sense?

Doesn't seem like it.

But why did he hope off the AVM train? Did Ape not want him on the train for his sensor bs? And why stick on Ape vote? I assume Ape/scum was viewing hess as the swing voter ysterday, and once it was clear they lost him they might of decided to bus. Had they kept hess, I think they'd have pushed for the AVM lynch

I'm convinced that when I skim the scum chat I'm going to see a series of ridiculously long posts where the Ape explains why his plans for himself and LK are iron clad.  It's a lot easier to see through when you start tuning out all the words..  When Ape was going at full force I legit skimmed the hell out his posts.  It was clear to me after 2 or 3 he was lying and the rest of his verbal diarrhea was nothing more than exhaustive attempts to prove why it makes sense.  It was just a bunch of white noise.

I'm convinced that when I skim the scum chat I'm going to see a series of ridiculously long posts where the Ape explains why his plans for himself and LK are iron clad.  It's a lot easier to see through when you start tuning out all the words..  When Ape was going at full force I legit skimmed the hell out his posts.  It was clear to me after 2 or 3 he was lying and the rest of his verbal diarrhea was nothing more than exhaustive attempts to prove why it makes sense.  It was just a bunch of white noise.

I'm responding to questions mericon, I'm not on the offensive.

i don't think anyone actually reads all of ape's posts

i have a hard time believing that if LK is scum, that his play was coordinated with Ape.. I feel like if he's scum, he went rogue

pac..

who is your #2 if LK doesn't go through

Spooge.  His game has been grotesque on multiple levels.

Look at that vote he slapped on me a couple pages ago lol..  like he was patiently waiting for someone to vote me then BAM!

Look at that vote he slapped on me a couple pages ago lol..  like he was patiently waiting for someone to vote me then BAM!

yeah, i am at spoof and lk

not sure it's good that we agree or not, but we do

Unvote

I'd like to see a top 3 from AVM and Spoot. 

I'd request one from Smash, but I know he only plays at night, and expect it would read like this anyways:

1.  CTM

2.  CTM

3.  CTM

Well considering Crush or CTM are as close to confirmed town as we can get and I feel pretty good about Spoot...all that's left are Pac, Smash, Lizzie and you.

I mean...I guess Pac, you, Lizzie.

When I first read Crushers claim honestly my thought was "wow...he's giving up that easily just for the lulz?" -- it just came across as kind of comical to me.  Like I said earlier today, I could see where Ape fake claims because they've got the game "figured out" and then Lizzie claiming cop makes them doubt it.  Maybe.  IDK...I get CTM's point about the Ape's frustration.  And even though I have Pac number 1, I get his frustration on not lynching Lizzie just for being stupid.  The risk Crush was running, if he fake claimed, was basically ending the game for scum...they couldn't have known Lizzie WASN'T doc and the timing -- waiting and announcing at the start of day -- wasn't ideal for scum.  So...yeah.

Pac - you - Lizzie.  And I'll admit I don't have a great case on you, I'm just really confused.  I guess Smash or Spoot could be playing out of their minds as scum, feigning shock and ignorance at times...but if they were playing so well and hidden, why did Ape feel the need to try and pull off that play?  Just to prove he could? 

So, what other word that essentially means gambit did you want to use?

While I wait for your response I'm going to consume my coffee and watch last night's X-Files episode.

What am I talking about? "Consume"? lol I meant "drink". I'm gonna drink my coffee. What was I talking about consumption for? That has nothing to do with it! And I'm sorry, I should've just said "watch TV". I have no knowledge that last night's X-Files episode is even available to watch. I just assumed it was. My apologies. I'm so predisposed to using wrong words and phrases. Not silly business here.

:rl: this guy

you are starting to seem like you are happy to vote whichever way the wind is blowing

Nope.  I stated my reasons why I'm willing to lynch LK earlier:

In my mind we have 2 options today:

1.  Clear up the LK/Crusher mess by lynching one of them today.  Logic says Lizzie would be the lynch in this case.  Really it all comes down to whether you think there was no death N2 because scum targeted Crusher, or if something crazy was going on.  If we want to believe Crusher's claim, we lynch Lizzie and be done with it.

2.  Go with whoever is scummiest.  In my mind that's Pac, but few players are actually listing off who they think is scummy.  That's reflected in the vote count.  Smash is stubbornly going after CTM.  Spoot is following me on Pac (LK was already there before either of us).  Crusher thinks I'm scum.  Anyone else have thoughts?

pac is your #2?

Pac is my # 1 for the "lynch the scummiest" route.  LK is the other option for "clear up whether his lie was a scum lie or town lie" route.  Those are the 2 routes I'm willing to pursue.  Problem is I'm wavering on Pac because of Spoot's willingness to follow me on it so easily.  Makes me paranoid, and more willing to lynch LK. 

You say my game has been "grotesque" which I take to mean sh*t--I don't deny that--then you say that I was patiently waiting for someone to vote for you.

I don't know. I don't think those two observations jive with each other. Patience--to me--is an attribute for someone who's game is well thought out, not someone who's game is "grotesque".

Just a thought.

Didn't he keep from hammering me on Saturday?  There's no logic behind him not hammering me if scum...there's so much built in to that, regardless of the outcome either Spoot or Ape comes out looking virtually cleared.

The Ape conversation gets stalled out until this game day, if he manages to get Spoot lynched instead of himself the town would have to continue to test his ability and he probably gets CTM lynched, right?  So you come into today with 8 players (3 scum?), lynch Spoot 2 scum...NK another player, 6 players (2 scum).  Mislynch CTM and successful NK and the game is over.

If instead he Ape gets lynched after me, Spoot comes out of that looking decent.  Much better chance town see's that as a bus, though...so maybe not.

You say my game has been "grotesque" which I take to mean sh*t--I don't deny that--then you say that I was patiently waiting for someone to vote for you.

I don't know. I don't think those two observations jive with each other. Patience--to me--is an attribute for someone who's game is well thought out, not someone who's game is "grotesque".

Just a thought.

your vote pattern is by far the scummiest, the leelou stealth hammer and refusal to vote ape looks very much like noob scum

Didn't he keep from hammering me on Saturday?  There's no logic behind him not hammering me if scum...there's so much built in to that, regardless of the outcome either Spoot or Ape comes out looking virtually cleared.

The Ape conversation gets stalled out until this game day, if he manages to get Spoot lynched instead of himself the town would have to continue to test his ability and he probably gets CTM lynched, right?  So you come into today with 8 players (3 scum?), lynch Spoot 2 scum...NK another player, 6 players (2 scum).  Mislynch CTM and successful NK and the game is over.

If instead he Ape gets lynched after me, Spoot comes out of that looking decent.  Much better chance town see's that as a bus, though...so maybe not.

That last line about "if he gets Ape lynched after me" doesn't make much sense after reading why you thought Spoot was clear for hammering Ape..."if he gets Ape lynched after me" - I don't think town votes Ape the following day on a mislynch, that you yourself say had a lot of reason built into it. That's why Ape built options into his reads, so more town could get voted

I'm actually surprised that nobody is reviewing his "reads"

Gaype reads

Final Official Vote Count (D2) 
AVM (2) - Leelou, Hess
Ape (2) - 80, LK
Leelou (6) - SmashAVMApeCrusher, CTMSpoot (2 non-town)
Hess (1) - Pac

FINAL VOTE COUNT (D1)
Brett (7) - LeelouApeLKBretSpootPacAVM (3 non-town)
Ape (1) - CTM
Leelou (1) - Smash
CTM (2) - Hess, 80
non-vote: CrusherVerb

Given the results, and my hypothesis that there are 3 scum in the game:

• AVM and Spoot are on both trains, and could both be scum, but at least one of them has to be. If I'm not mistaken, lynching one of them gives us at least a 50/50 shot at being right. Which is why I've said several times AVM and Spoot are smart votes since this day started.
  • If, only one of either AVM or Spoot is scum, then that means that one of LK or Pac is scum on the D1 train AND one of Crusher, Smash, CTM is scum on the D2 train, and someone off-train would be the third scum. This is the scenario that has been making my brain hurt, so if anyone can help "check my math" here so to speak, it would be helpful.
  • No matter what, with only 2 scum on each train, I think that means there's at least 1 scum off-train. Hess and 80 are the only 2 players not on either train. I started there today, because if both AVM and Spoot are scum, then that means that either Hess or 80 has to be also. So, the odds are similarly good here too. If only one of either AVM or Spoot is scum, then pretty much any of the off-train voters can be scum in the right if-then scenarios between D1 and D2. Much messier.

Go back through my posts from the start of this day phase, after I got my info on the D2 train.

• I've consistently said AVM or Spoot is a smart choice
  • I also said to Smash there's a better way to narrow the pool, which I'm doing
  • I am voting Hess, and said that Hess was not on either train, which factors into the logic of my 3rd bullet above - I want to pressure and figure out who may be connected to who, now that having some info can lend credibility to connecting players

This is also why I refused to reveal when I got to L2 on D2, I didn't want to reveal with only 1 days worth of results. It's also why I've been trying to do the stuff I normally do as vanilla town, like last game, where I use myself as bait to scum hunt. I've been torn as to whether revealing now was the best play or not, but I've been a lynch candidate for the past 2 days, Hess has been role-fishing with me, and if I get quick-lynched or NK'ed I'll die with the info, so it makes sense to me to just put it out there now... this should narrow the pool... if it's not the best play, then oh well.

Archived