Kirk Cousins News

KRL

4 minutes ago, j4jets said:

You happen to remember Jackson got hurt, but you don't want to acknowledge Reed was hurt half the time last two years. Good for you.

Reed only missed 2 more games from 14 to 15.

Meanwhile his impact and stats were up, unquestionably. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, j4jets said:

They got to play three sh*tty teams, six times. They also got to play two more sh*tty teams in the AFC (Bills and Dolfags). Then they got to play two crappy teams in Bucs n Saints. Then they played the Rams and Bears, two more steaming pile of sh*t teams. So thats 12 teams thats couldn't break even with the wins. The other 4 teams? Jets, Pats, Panthers and the 8-8 Falcons.

Jets, on the other hand, played 6 games against teams with 8 or more wins (Pats, Pats, Bills, Bills, sh*tskins, and Colts).

How not to win in the NFL; find a HC and QB combo that work well together and then not retain one.

15 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Bro, Garcon has fallen off the cliff a lot for a guy still in his 20s. Jackson missed half the season (not coincidentally, the time during which Cousins wasn't playing well.) While he was out, Garcon could barely get open. I saw some of those Washington games and he isn't much anymore.

So you're saying when Cousins didn't have his third option, he struggled? Why does that sound so familiar?

1 minute ago, j4jets said:

So you're saying when Cousins didn't have his third option, he struggled? Why does that sound so familiar?

I said that?

I thought I said (suggested) that, of his first 2 options, one of them missed half the season and the other one is meh who can't get open more than 5-10 yards from the LOS unless someone on defense trips or falls down.

I also don't have any Kirk Cousins posters in my home, in case you think I was concluding something else I'm not. ;) 

12 minutes ago, NYJCAP2 said:

Reed only missed 2 more games from 14 to 15.

Meanwhile his impact and stats were up, unquestionably. 

Correct (3 games to be precise, but ok). It was his third year in the league, a year when the elite catching TEs take a leap. Reed did. Its not like Cousins turned an UDFA into Antonio Gates.They helped each other to say the least.

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I said that?

I thought I said (suggested) that, of his first 2 options, one of them missed half the season and the other one is meh who can't get open more than 5-10 yards from the LOS unless someone on defense trips or falls down.

I also don't have any Kirk Cousins posters in my home, in case you think I was concluding something else I'm not. ;) 

You didn't say exactly that and my comments were more for the board than yourself. You did say "Jackson missed half the season (not coincidentally, the time during which Cousins wasn't playing well)". 

And I don't have any Kirk posters in my room either. Neither do I have any Beard posters. I have no horse in this race either.

I don't see how he's "inconsistent", his trend seems to be upward. He started out poorly and improved as he got experience. As a young QB he certainly offers more in terms of longevity and possible greater improvement. 

1 hour ago, j4jets said:

They got to play three sh*tty teams, six times. They also got to play two more sh*tty teams in the AFC (Bills and Dolfags). Then they got to play two crappy teams in Bucs n Saints. Then they played the Rams and Bears, two more steaming pile of sh*t teams. So thats 12 teams thats couldn't break even with the wins. The other 4 teams? Jets, Pats, Panthers and the 8-8 Falcons.

Jets, on the other hand, played 6 games against teams with 8 or more wins (Pats, Pats, Bills, Bills, sh*tskins, and Colts).

you can cherry pick stats all you want (although its funny that in one sentence you say the redskins played a sh*tty bills team and in the next you say the jets played a tough bills team with 8+ wins lol), but the jets not only had the easiest schedule in the league (.441) but they had one of the healthiest rosters in the league as well. what do you think we were all screaming about when the jets squandered the help they were given, especially near the end of the season when the playoffs were gift wrapped and waiting for us?

http://nfltraderumors.co/nfl-strength-of-schedule-rankings/

23 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Fitzpatrick's asking price probably just went up.

As I inform panhandlers here in the city: merely BECAUSE YOU ASK, does not necessarily mean you shall recieve. Your worth is evident, and the free market will substantiate it. Le'st not forget the 3rd of Janus: the fear we suppressed as Jets fans having lived through 2010-2012 facing the Bills and ALL BILLS fans KNEW would eventually rear its agonizing head WHEN IT REALLY MATTERED. There's a reason Ol'Joe still looks to other horizons after the serendipitous 2015 NYJ season. He knows the premium position is not yet adequately filled.  I PRAY I AM WRONG, but life experience has shown otherwise thus far.

"El diablo sabe más por ser un viejo que por ser el diablo."

Sad that this old wive's tale my father always lectures me On still Holds to be evident. 

2 hours ago, cant wait said:

you can cherry pick stats all you want (although its funny that in one sentence you say the redskins played a sh*tty bills team and in the next you say the jets played a tough bills team with 8+ wins lol), but the jets not only had the easiest schedule in the league (.441) but they had one of the healthiest rosters in the league as well. what do you think we were all screaming about when the jets squandered the help they were given, especially near the end of the season when the playoffs were gift wrapped and waiting for us?

http://nfltraderumors.co/nfl-strength-of-schedule-rankings/

My mistake on the Bills oversight. Jets may have had the worst record but we did play more games against teams with 8 or more wins and still won more than the Deadskins. And yes, those 10 victories should've been 12 at least for us just to be a decent team. Weird how that works. We were average at best and I've been saying that the entire year. People think Fitz was some kind of savior. He was nothing more than a middle of the pack QB statistically and below average if you consider the competition. That's why I hope we don't pay him and arm and a leg to sign up. 6-8 mil is the most he's worth. Anything more than that n I hope we say our goodbyes. 

4 hours ago, j4jets said:

My mistake on the Bills oversight. Jets may have had the worst record but we did play more games against teams with 8 or more wins and still won more than the Deadskins. And yes, those 10 victories should've been 12 at least for us just to be a decent team. Weird how that works. We were average at best and I've been saying that the entire year. People think Fitz was some kind of savior. He was nothing more than a middle of the pack QB statistically and below average if you consider the competition. That's why I hope we don't pay him and arm and a leg to sign up. 6-8 mil is the most he's worth. Anything more than that n I hope we say our goodbyes. 

C'mon. If we took care of business, the Bills were a 6-10 team last year. 

Another way of putting it, that Bills team that was 6-8 against the rest of he league. They were 2-0 against he Jets and that's what made them an 8-win team.  Hell, they were a losing team if we even split our games with them  

WE made the Bills an 8-win team and didn't become an 8-win team until that last choking job in the 4th Q of the final game of the season. To then say we played them as an 8+ win team twice is intellectually dishonest. 

They were losers. We made them otherwise. 

Our schedule was a dreamy joke. 

8 hours ago, j4jets said:

You didn't say exactly that and my comments were more for the board than yourself. You did say "Jackson missed half the season (not coincidentally, the time during which Cousins wasn't playing well)". 

And I don't have any Kirk posters in my room either. Neither do I have any Beard posters. I have no horse in this race either.

I kind of did say exactly that.

What I didn't say was that DeSean Jackson was merely a 3rd option. 

When we played Washington, he was out. When we played Indy, they had like 1 starter in their secondary in the first half and then he left the game for the 2nd half. 

14 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

C'mon. If we took care of business, the Bills were a 6-10 team last year. 

Another way of putting it, that Bills team that was 6-8 against the rest of he league. They were 2-0 against he Jets and that's what made them an 8-win team.  Hell, they were a losing team if we even split our games with them  

WE made the Bills an 8-win team and didn't become an 8-win team until that last choking job in the 4th Q of the final game of the season. To then say we played them as an 8+ win team twice is intellectually dishonest. 

They were losers. We made them otherwise. 

Our schedule was a dreamy joke. 

I have to agree ... Miami were a 6-10 team in part because we beat them twice, had we lost to them, Miami and Buffalo and Jets would all have been 8-8. And it works both ways. We led the Patsies going into Q4 in Foxboro ... had we held on there, and all else stayed the same, we would have been AFC East winners.

There's a lot less separating some teams than people think.

15 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

18 of his 29 TDs came against TB, NO, Buffalo, Philly, and Dallas. The last three in the last three weeks. So he had 11 TDs in the other 11 games. Pretty solid. ::eyeroll::

He's not good and whomever gives him the contract he wants will regret it eventually.

Not sure why you would include Dallas on the It's So Easy list.

6 minutes ago, jamesr said:

I have to agree ... Miami were a 6-10 team in part because we beat them twice, had we lost to them, Miami and Buffalo and Jets would all have been 8-8. And it works both ways. We led the Patsies going into Q4 in Foxboro ... had we held on there, and all else stayed the same, we would have been AFC East winners.

There's a lot less separating some teams than people think.

The way I look at it, Miami and Buffalo were both 6-8 teams against non-Jets opponents. 

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I kind of did say exactly that.

What I didn't say was that DeSean Jackson was merely a 3rd option. 

When we played Washington, he was out. When we played Indy, they had like 1 starter in their secondary in the first half and then he left the game for the 2nd half. 

I've been saying it all year long. Jets had a cake schedule n we failed to be an average team. An average team that beats a bad team and loses to a good one. We would have won 12 games by just being average. But somehow we hit pay dirt with McCag n Bowles while Fitz became Jesus that apparently saved this franchise. 

Reality? We sucked. Besides the two Pats games, we had no business in the NFL. 

But that isn't to say Washington was a contender, like another poster mentioned. They were worse than us. To say we sucked n Washington was a contender is a big lie. We sucked but Washington was garbage. 

11 hours ago, j4jets said:

Cousins was missing his first and second option.

Trashasspatrick wouldn't of been able to do what Cousins did with a washed up Garcon and rookie Crowder. Trashpatrick is lucky Marshall was there to bail him out every time he threw the ball.

45 minutes ago, j4jets said:

I've been saying it all year long. Jets had a cake schedule n we failed to be an average team. An average team that beats a bad team and loses to a good one. We would have won 12 games by just being average. But somehow we hit pay dirt with McCag n Bowles while Fitz became Jesus that apparently saved this franchise. 

Reality? We sucked. Besides the two Pats games, we had no business in the NFL. 

But that isn't to say Washington was a contender, like another poster mentioned. They were worse than us. To say we sucked n Washington was a contender is a big lie. We sucked but Washington was garbage. 

But washington made the playoffs?

1 minute ago, Colgateman said:

And ftrashpatrick had one average year playing the easiest schedule in the NFL, sorry he's not that good.

Difference is Cousins will end up getting paid about twice as much as Fitzpatrick.  And whoever signs Cousins will be tied to him for at least the next 3 years.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Difference is Cousins will end up getting paid about twice as much as Fitzpatrick.  And whoever signs Cousins will be tied to him for at least the next 3 years.

The guy who lead the NFL in completion percentage and passer rating, led his team to 9-7 after being 2-4, deserves to be paid twice as much as a journeyman whom has never and will never taste the playoffs in his career.

38 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

The guy who lead the NFL in completion percentage and passer rating, led his team to 9-7 after being 2-4, deserves to be paid twice as much as a journeyman whom has never and will never taste the playoffs in his career.

Just because he's going to get a ridiculous contract means nothing.  Matt Cassel got $50 million from the Chiefs because he checked down to Welker one season.

19 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

18 of his 29 TDs came against TB, NO, Buffalo, Philly, and Dallas. The last three in the last three weeks. So he had 11 TDs in the other 11 games. Pretty solid. ::eyeroll::

He's not good and whomever gives him the contract he wants will regret it eventually.

Cousins threw 300+ yds, 4 TDs, 0 INTs in each win vs BUF and PHI. Fizz threw INTs like rice at a wedding in each loss to BUF and PHI.

Cousins threw 23 TDs and 3 INTs his last 10 games and clinched a WC. Fizz threw 3 INTs his last game alone and tanked the season.

Those are facts. 

6 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Cousins threw 300+ yds, 4 TDs, 0 INTs in each win vs BUF and PHI. Fizz threw INTs like rice at a wedding in each loss to BUF and PHI.

Cousins threw 23 TDs and 3 INTs his last 10 games and clinched a WC. Fizz threw 3 INTs his last game alone and tanked the season.

Those are facts. 

Don't tell them the facts they will just downvote u and go look at their fitzmagic poster and cry!

3 hours ago, jetrider said:

Those are facts. 

Fitz beat Cousins. Fact.

26 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Fitz beat Cousins. Fact.

That is not a fact. There was no 1-on-1 matchup of Cousins vs Fitz with equal players and coaching all around. 

Facing the Jets' stingy defense / secondary is not a 'factual' equivalent of facing the Redskins' nonexistent defense / secondary. Particularly when facing the Jets' secondary with both of his only 2 receivers missing the game while Fitz had both receivers that badly overmatched the Washington D, and providing a lopsided advantage for our Captain Tunnelvision.

The Jets beat the Redskins. That is the fact.

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

That is not a fact. There was no 1-on-1 matchup of Cousins vs Fitz with equal players and coaching all around. 

Facing the Jets' stingy defense / secondary is not a 'factual' equivalent of facing the Redskins' nonexistent defense / secondary. Particularly when facing the Jets' secondary with both of his only 2 receivers missing the game while Fitz had both receivers that badly overmatched the Washington D, and providing a lopsided advantage for our Captain Tunnelvision.

Yeah, but one on one Fitz would beat Cousins in arm wrasslin and a beard off. Prove me wrong.

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Racist

Archived