Combine thread?

Matt39

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

This is yesterday's news, but Goff coming in at a legit 6'4" is a big deal, even with the small hands. I'm not in favor of trading Wilkerson, but if we do, Goff would have to be near the top of the list of targets.

Those hands are small....and he's skinny.  

Wentz on the other hand.  Has the size, weight and the hands. 

I'm not saying that Goff cant play or anything but small hands in bad weather (he played in Cali), scares the sh*t out of me 

10 minutes ago, JiF said:

Screw the RB's.  Next season you can chose from Fournette, McCaffery, Chubb, Cook, Gallman, Freeman, Hurd, Hood, Perine.

It could be the best RB class since god knows when.  I wouldnt be surprised to see the 4 in bold go in the 1st round alone.  

I'd still draft one this season in the mid-rounds, though. Lots of solid mid-round RB talent this season.

Cal RB Daniel Lasco:

41.5" vertical.

11'3" broad.

4.44s 40.

23 reps.

Adding more information on this kid as he was projected for 4th or 5th rd.

Highlight video:

Quick blurb on him:

Daniel Lasco: Lasco made a timely junior leap to become Cal's number one running back. He's become very slippery in space and knows how to execute within the confines of a system. He can catch passes in the backfield and is going to do some good work. He's still got some developing to do, but he is starting to look like the last viable link in the Ron Gould chain of successful running backs who might make it in the pros.

Anyone actually watch him or a fan that knows more?  He looks pretty damn good.

15 minutes ago, JiF said:

Those hands are small....and he's skinny.  

Wentz on the other hand.  Has the size, weight and the hands. 

I'm not saying that Goff cant play or anything but small hands in bad weather (he played in Cali), scares the sh*t out of me 

Wentz scares me because of the lack of experience, but to be honest I'm not crazy about any of the QBs in this class.

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Wentz scares me because of the lack of experience, but to be honest I'm not crazy about any of the QBs in this class.

even if the jets dealt wilkerson to the raiders and got the #14 pick, i doubt they'd take a qb in the first round with either pick.  they have enough holes on the team to restock before taking a first round flier on uninspiring qb prospects.  

So it appears Leonard Floyd is bigger than we thought.

UGA listed him as 6'4, 230. Came into the Combine as 65, 245.

Alot of Jets fans were getting upset at Floyd constantly being mocked to us and wanted nothing to do with him due to his size. Wonder if that will change their minds

9 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

RB CJ Prosise ran a 4.46. Should be available mid-rounds and is a converted WR, so you know he's got good hands. Would be a great addition to the Jets backfield.

Did you go to Notre Dame? You cant love them this much can you?

Just now, Matt39 said:

Did you go to Notre Dame? You cant love them this much can you?

Did not. Not sure what your post has to do with the thread. This is about the NFL combine, is it not? Is he not a player at the NFL combine? Did he not just impress several scouts with his 40 time at 220 lbs? I comment on players I know.

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Did not. Not sure what your post has to do with the thread. This is about the NFL combine, is it not? Is he not a player at the NFL combine? Did he not just impress several scouts with his 40 time at 220 lbs? I comment on players I know.

You're just very into Notre Dame, was wondering the connection.

27 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I'd still draft one this season in the mid-rounds, though. Lots of solid mid-round RB talent this season.

Like who, specifically?  I dont see anyone out there that is overly interesting.  The FA market for RB's is very strong.  I'd rather see them sign a Vet and Powell rather than waste a pick on mid round RB and use the mid rounds on bigger overall needs.  RB's are a dime a dozen.  I'd sign a vet and then target one of the studs next season.

11 minutes ago, King P said:

So it appears Leonard Floyd is bigger than we thought.

UGA listed him as 6'4, 230. Came into the Combine as 65, 245.

Alot of Jets fans were getting upset at Floyd constantly being mocked to us and wanted nothing to do with him due to his size. Wonder if that will change their minds

That is good to know.  I'd love Floyd but my only fear was his size would make it very hard to win at the point of attack.  This helps a bit for sure. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Like who, specifically?  I dont see anyone out there that is overly interesting.  The FA market for RB's is very strong.  I'd rather see them sign a Vet and Powell rather than waste a pick on mid round RB and use the mid rounds on bigger overall needs.  RB's are a dime a dozen.  I'd sign a vet and then target one of the studs next season.

I listed one specifically a few posts up.  Just don't know much and waiting for college fans to chime in if he would be a good fit for us in the 4th or 5th.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

A vet and Powell is only two running backs. Throw in Stacy, I suppose, and that's only three. Need more than that. Here are some, plus Prosise:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2618822-2016-nfl-draft-running-backs-who-could-be-mid-round-steals

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

A vet and Powell is only two running backs. Throw in Stacy, I suppose, and that's only three. Need more than that. Here are some, plus Prosise:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2618822-2016-nfl-draft-running-backs-who-could-be-mid-round-steals

Nice Lasco is listed in there.  Looks like I'm on the right track.  I don't watch college ball but Lasco looks like a good fit to me if he's there in the 4th.

1 hour ago, JETSfaninNE said:

I listed one specifically a few posts up.  Just don't know much and waiting for college fans to chime in if he would be a good fit for us in the 4th or 5th.

I cant say I know too much about him.

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The list of FA RB's is strong.  I think they can sign 3 for cheap and again, none of the mid rounds do anything for me.  Much rather wait for the best stock we'll see in a long long time next year.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/running-back/

We kind of knew he was going to miss this season already but his draft stock will surely plummet after the doctors have taken a look.  If he fell to us in the 2nd would you take a chance?

Ian RapoportVerified account
‏@RapSheet
Difficult day for #NotreDame LB Jaylon Smith, who had his medicals. Ankle & knee nerve issues, teams believe he's out for 2016 -- at least

3 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

We kind of knew he was going to miss this season already but his draft stock will surely plummet after the doctors have taken a look.  If he fell to us in the 2nd would you take a chance?

Ian RapoportVerified account
‏@RapSheet
Difficult day for #NotreDame LB Jaylon Smith, who had his medicals. Ankle & knee nerve issues, teams believe he's out for 2016 -- at least

I would take him off of my board

Archived