Get Used to Geno Being Your QB Again

drdetroit

Just now, Mike135 said:

Wait he got punched for getting into a dumb argument over money?  $hit, screw that then.  Kick his @ss out of the league.  Lock him up in fact.

Guys cheating, shooting up roids, drinking and driving, raping chicks is all one thing... but an argument with a teammate where the other guy is the one to lose his cool and throw a punch is just too much. 

That's a character issue that can never be corrected. 

Sarcasm is not your strong suit. It's a pattern of stupid decisions by Geno in and out of the game. 

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I dont think there's a chance in hell Bowles will stand at a podium any time soon and announce Geno's the starting QB. If Fitz walks, I wouldnt doubt them bringing in Hoyer.

There is zero chance they would ever name Geno the starter. He'd have to go into camp and win the job.  

Guys suggesting we're better off spending big on Fitz, do you really think dropping 10-18mil on Fitz is a better option than not?

What's that 10-18mil equate to?  3-5 quality players filling holes on the Oline, LB...?  

Just saying, you had better be sure Fitz is really that much better than Geno.

Me, (obviously) I'd take the team with Geno and the extra 3-5 solid players vs a team w/Fitz and w/o those additional players.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Fitzpatricks 3 INTs in the last 3 possessions of the 2015 season costing us the game and playoffs is far worse. 

To be fair the play calling in that drive he threw the pick in the end zone should have been more conservative 

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

Guys suggesting we're better off spending big on Fitz, do you really think dropping 10-18mil on Fitz is a better option than not?

What's that 10-18mil equate to?  3-5 quality players filling holes on the Oline, LB...?  

Me, (obviously) I'd take the team with Geno and the extra 3-5 solid players vs a team w/Fitz and w/o those additional players.

Do you know $15M a year is about the 20th highest paid QB? Fitz is top 20. Brock Osweiler just got paid and what has he done? It's a QB hungry league. You have to pay if you want one that doesn't completely blow. It's market forces.

Just now, Mike135 said:

We really need a nose tackle otherwise it's going to get ugly.  I would rather have Geno and a legit NT like Solai or Ngata than Fitz and Deon Simon who didn't even play yet in the nfl

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Do you know $15M a year is about the 20th highest paid QB? Fitz is top 20. Brock Osweiler just got paid and what has he done? It's a QB hungry league. You have to pay if you want one that doesn't completely blow. It's market forces.

Right, and granted, you may laugh at this...  but not every team has a "Geno".

We're faced with the question of if Fitz is really THAT* much better than Geno?

* THAT = 10-18mil. Aka 3-5 solid players.

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

Fits is 33 years old with a weak arm. 

22 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Wait he got punched for getting into a dumb argument over money?  $hit, screw that then.  Kick his @ss out of the league.  Lock him up in fact.

Guys cheating, shooting up roids, drinking and driving, raping chicks is all one thing... but an argument with a teammate where the other guy is the one to lose his cool and throw a punch is just too much. 

That's a character issue that can never be corrected. 

The bigger problem is no one defended him in the situation. I think he's a punk ass. But that doesn't mean much. His team thinks he is a punk ass. That's a serious problem.

20 minutes ago, Bob said:

If Smith is getting a shot at the starting job, we need to get IK Enemkpali back, somehow.

There is no shot.

6 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

That's Top 20 QB money. You could spend all day complaining about market price or you can play ball. The New York Jets aren't going to impact the market by "refusing" to pay a Top 20 QB top 20 money, they will just suck. That's all.

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Right, and granted, you may laugh at this...  but not every team has a "Geno".

We're faced with the question of if Fitz is really THAT* much better than Geno?

* THAT = 10-18mil. Aka 3-5 solid players.

No question. If Geno is worth $1M then Fitz is worth $50M. Geno is actually the one that is overpaid. $15M is the price for an average QB. And that's what Fitz is. The pro-Geno set would have us believe that people are "in love" or "obsessed" with Fitz. No, we just recognize he's the best option out there and are realistic about his market price which is higher than you would like it to be.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Fits is 33 years old with a weak arm. 

Geno has an IQ of 33 and a weak jaw.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Fitz has been with 6 teams in 10 years and never made the playoffs thats a fact. 

But Geno sucked because of supporting cast while Fitz was about average because Fitz sucks. Your argument is as wobbly as Geno's knees after a right hook.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

But Geno sucked because of supporting cast while Fitz was about average because Fitz sucks. Your argument is as wobbly as Geno's knees after a right hook.

Geno never had the WRs Fitz had last year and Geno had MM worst OC in the league 

12 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

10-18 million is a wide range. Literally no one is advocating Fitz at anything more than like, 12. We're just advocating that if Fitz moves on, it's unacceptable as a franchise to start Geno Smith. 

3 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Well to each their own.  Just hoping Macc n Bowles see it my way.

We shall see. Appreciate the cool discussion, despite disagreeing.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Geno never had the WRs Fitz had last year and Geno had MM worst OC in the league 

Neither did Ryan Leaf. Professionals can extrapolate data to analyze expected performance without needing to put a subject in the ideal situation before making an evaluation. In layman's terms: he sucks and all credible evidence is that it's a problem with his maturity/intelligence/work ethic/and leadership qualities. Jerry Rice himself couldn't imbue Geno with such qualities. Geno is the black Ryan Mallet. 

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

We shall see. Appreciate the cool discussion, despite disagreeing.

Neither did Ryan Leaf. Professionals can extrapolate data to analyze expected performance without needing to put a subject in the ideal situation before making an evaluation. In layman's terms: he sucks and all credible evidence is that it's a problem with his maturity/intelligence/work ethic/and leadership qualities. Jerry Rice himself couldn't imbue Geno with such qualities. Geno is the black Ryan Mallet. 

Correct term is he the Afro-American ............... what are  you living in the 50's 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Correct term is he the Afro-American ............... what are  you living in the 50's 

Apparently you are since you still think $15M is a lot of money for an average NFL QB.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Fitzpatrick is below average 1 decent season in 10 doesn't make him a Hall of Fame QB.

There you go again... you have to contort my opinion from "average" to "hall of fame QB" to gain any traction at all. In my business we call that a confession.

This isn't about who has the better chance at being...better. It's not Geno vs Fitz. My mind is working liking this 

1. Neither are good enough to win a Super Bowl without an all time elite Defense. Pretty much. Even with that, mmm, who knows 

2. But Geno...sh*t or even Petty, cost $1MM. And Fitzpatrick doesn't. He'd be cool for like 8 or 9 bc he's probably better thus giving them a better chance but this is all very iffy, because really, he's just a really good back up 

3. Keep drafting QBs until forever 

Archived