Get Used to Geno Being Your QB Again

drdetroit

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, King P said:

Fitzpatrick scrambles for 15 yards, gets nailed by not sliding*
"What a gutsy play! You gotta hand it to this guy, hes all heart and hes going to fight for every yard. What a leader!"

*Geno scrambles for 30 yards,gets nailed by not sliding*
"You have got to be smarter than that! What a brain dead mistake by Geno,you cannot take a hit there!"

Gotta love the double standards lol

Fitzpatrick never took a hit anywhere close to that...especially with the sideline right there. That's as dumb as it gets.

6 hours ago, Paradis said:

I don't know what to say... I read this thread and it's like bunch grown babies. Sh*t eating children. I feel like 75% of you (especially jgb) have never played organized sports in life, let alone competitively.... It's next man, up... All. Fcking. Day. Every day. That's how it is in the looker room.

Fitz is here? Great - get out there and do your job. That's it. That's all the matters... What, Fitz's gone? Fck, who's up? Geno? Get out there and do your fcking job. Repeat, repeat. Repeat. 

Also, it's like most of you have been sleeping on the fact that the Jets have been more involved in QB scouting than another other team in 2015. We're drafting a QB. That's the plan. Not Geno. Not Fitz... new guy. Whoever's here is just keeping the seat warm. 

They are just going to be keeping a seat warm for Paxton Lynch, who will start in 2017. 

6 hours ago, Paradis said:

I don't know what to say... I read this thread and it's like bunch grown babies. Sh*t eating children. I feel like 75% of you (especially jgb) have never played organized sports in life, let alone competitively.... It's next man, up... All. Fcking. Day. Every day. That's how it is in the looker room.

Fitz is here? Great - get out there and do your job. That's it. That's all the matters... What, Fitz's gone? Fck, who's up? Geno? Get out there and do your fcking job. Repeat, repeat. Repeat. 

Also, it's like most of you have been sleeping on the fact that the Jets have been more involved in QB scouting than another other team in 2015. We're drafting a QB. That's the plan. Not Geno. Not Fitz... new guy. Whoever's here is just keeping the seat warm. 

Problem is that Geno has shown that he has no ability to "Get out there and do your fcking job".  Guy is a scrub and a douche.  Wish Mcc would pull the trigger and release Geno.  

11 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Problem is that Geno has shown that he has no ability to "Get out there and do your fcking job".  Guy is a scrub and a douche.  Wish Mcc would pull the trigger and release Geno.  

I am not sure why this is so hard for the Geno lovers to see. Its amazing to me that anyone can call Fitzpatrick a scrub, yet act like Geno has shown any ability to be anything more than a backup. Fitzpatrick is not great by any means, but he has shown much more than Geno could even imagine. And I know I am going to get whacked with 15 negatives and a whole bunch of weapinz arguments, and 8-8 rookie year nonsense, but Geno just does not have what it takes to play competent QB in the NFL, and that is on many different levels.

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

I believe the politically correct term is Geno is a scub and a douchebag.  Please be mindful of your syntax, thank you.

15 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Writing on the wall boys.  Denver and the Rams both need qb's.  We're cash strapped.  Bradford sucked last year and got $36 million and Osweiler played half a season and did ok and got $72 million.

I say sign Matt Moore to a contract similar to what they gave Fitzy and let him complete with Smith and Petty. Then draft Connor Cook in the third round or if Paxton Lynch is still there at 20, but he is a developmental guy like Petty who is not yet ready, so it may mean Geno Smith gets back under center and the Jets take a major step backward. But it is worse to over pay for Fitzpatrick who will take a step backward from his career high's of last season. That kills you in future years and Mac is NOT going to do that. With Smith the Jets could go 8-8 and hopefully Petty will have shown enough as number two to give him a shot in 2017.

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

And then when Fitz signs with Denver the team is left with a second year QB who never took a regular season snap. Yeah, good move there x-lax. The Jets won't get a shot at Lynch at 20. There QB options in the draft are Connor Cook, Dak Prescott or some DII guy nobody has heard of.

15 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Connor Cook could be had in round 3 or 4, but he is no better than Petty. 

Connor Cook will never last to round 3 or 4. Not happening and I watched both these QBs for three years and Cook was a way better prospect than Petty. I do like Petty but he will be better in a west coast environment. Connor has played on the East Coast and is a more tougher QB. If we get him in round 2 we will be lucky. I see him going late 1st or early 2nd depending on his pro day. Don't know Michigan St. Pro day but this could tip him to a certain team. 

17 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Connor Cook will never last to round 3 or 4. Not happening and I watched both these QBs for three years and Cook was a way better prospect than Petty. I do like Petty but he will be better in a west coast environment. Connor has played on the East Coast and is a more tougher QB. If we get him in round 2 we will be lucky. I see him going late 1st or early 2nd depending on his pro day. Don't know Michigan St. Pro day but this could tip him to a certain team. 

Which games stick out in your mind most?

1 hour ago, Ex-Rex said:

And then when Fitz signs with Denver the team is left with a second year QB who never took a regular season snap. Yeah, good move there x-lax. The Jets won't get a shot at Lynch at 20. There QB options in the draft are Connor Cook, Dak Prescott or some DII guy nobody has heard of.

I don't care.  IMO, this year is going to be a disaster anyway.  With Fitz or without him.  But in no way do I start Geno.  That ship (wreck) has sailed.  Start Petty or some other second tier QB.  No way they could be worse than Geno.

35 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Which games stick out in your mind most?

I don't look at one game. I look at his whole college career. If I would of looked at one or two games than Geno would of been Joe Namath. I watched many games which Connor Cook played and I just like his way of taking control of a game. Sure Alabama destroyed his team but Alabama has at least a dozen NFL ready players if not more on their team. 

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

I don't care.  IMO, this year is going to be a disaster anyway.  With Fitz or without him.  But in no way do I start Geno.  That ship (wreck) has sailed.  Start Petty or some other second tier QB.  No way they could be worse than Geno.

If we resigned Fitz here would have regressed big time next season.  All teams need to do is watch tape of how Rex beat him.

plus Fitz almost got Marshall and Decker killed throwing up jump balls

14 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

If we resigned Fitz here would have regressed big time next season.  All teams need to do is watch tape of how Rex beat him.

plus Fitz almost got Marshall and Decker killed throwing up jump balls

Plus our OC is an idiot. If Fitz doesn't play out of his mind last season--and Marshall doesn't save Fitz a bunch of times with unbelievable catches/effort--we'd be questioning Gailey's game planning.  Big time.  

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

It isn't about the past anymore Mick. It's about the FUTURE. 

if the jets drafted a qb and went into camp with the rook, geno and petty, i'm not even sure geno clearly beats out petty if petty made strides.  geno didn't beat out sanchez and didn't beat out fitz up until his injury in TC last year.  why is everyone assuming that if fitz doesn't return geno is automatically the starter.  

Sometimes i think i'd rather have the guy that might (and does) suck - than to be strapped with a Matt Ryan for 10 years that never gets it done, but keeps your FO hostage with potential. At least with sucky guy you're gonna to get a good pick and a window to move the next year.  

10 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

if the jets drafted a qb and went into camp with the rook, geno and petty, i'm not even sure geno clearly beats out petty if petty made strides.  geno didn't beat out sanchez and didn't beat out fitz up until his injury in TC last year.  why is everyone assuming that if fitz doesn't return geno is automatically the starter.  

That would be cool too.

Archived