Excellent QB Article

KRL

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Well he hasn't signed anywhere yet. But barring retirement he'll be starting somewhere.

Houston and philly couldn't wait to throw huge money at two below average starters. It's shocking that a clearly superior talent in Fitzpatrick gets only offered backup money while they get paid

1 minute ago, cant wait said:

Houston and philly couldn't wait to throw huge money at two below average starters. It's shocking that a clearly superior talent in Fitzpatrick gets only offered backup money while they get paid

Fitzpatrick has superior talent to no one. He's simply less embarrassing most times out than Geno.

1 hour ago, cant wait said:

Fitzpatrick is significantly better than Geno.

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Fitzpatrick is significantly better than Geno.

I'm not convinced of that yet.  Gene has been given very little opportunity.  Two questions to all that say he's garbage..

2014 - what would Fitz's record have been with that team?

2015 - what would the Jet's record have been without Marshall?

9 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm not convinced of that yet.  Gene has been given very little opportunity.  Two questions to all that say he's garbage..

2014 - what would Fitz's record have been with that team?

2015 - what would the Jet's record have been without Marshall?

These are hypotheticals that arent worth spending any time with. Geno's individual faults were apparent without even getting to post snap/throw where "weapons" come into play. You cant take absurd sacks and you cant fumble like he did and expect to play more than he has to date.

15 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

These are hypotheticals that arent worth spending any time with. Geno's individual faults were apparent without even getting to post snap/throw where "weapons" come into play. You cant take absurd sacks and you cant fumble like he did and expect to play more than he has to date.

I'm not looking for specific answers but it's certainly worth contemplating...

What else are we doing here right now? 

They are legitimate questions - when talking about the success of Fitz vs. the failures of Geno - these are worthy questions....

Because when I look at the teams - I would say Fitz is no better than 4 wins in '14 and in '15 no better than 8 without Marshall.

Fitz's individual faults with his multi-beachings, as a life long back-up and journeyman is also very apparent? 

Just my opinion....

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm not looking for specific answers but it's certainly worth contemplating...

What else are we doing here right now? 

They are legitimate questions - when talking about the success of Fitz vs. the failures of Geno - these are worthy questions....

Because when I look at the teams - I would say Fitz is no better than 4 wins in '14 and in '15 no better than 8 without Marshall.

Fitz's individual faults, multi-benhngs  - as a life long back-up aren't apparent? 

Just my opinion....

Fitz's faults have always been apparent. But when directly compared to Geno's output or even Sanchez's, its a significant improvement. I mean just watching the offense last year, while limited by his crap arm- we looked organized and functional. If the staff thought Geno could match that he'd be playing. Fitzpatrick puts in the effort required, which at this point is the best we got. 

7 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

I was surprised they let Osweiler go but hey Elway is a top GM. His record speaks volumes.

I wont rush to judge this decision.

Lets hope Macc can be as successful.

Time will tell and it wont be too long before its known if Denver blew it.

* maybe he can actually teach Sanchez how to play QB

**** asterisks are for New England not Denver ****

Just now, Matt39 said:

Fitz's faults have always been apparent. But when directly compared to Geno's output or even Sanchezs, its a significant improvement. I mean just watching the offense last year, while liited by his crap arm- we looked organized and functional. Fitzpatrick puts in the effort required, which at this point is the best we got. 

Fitz was in his 11th season, vs. Geno's 2 years of playing.

But if the best we got isn't good enough to get into the playoffs then we need to take a chance on the unknown.  There are other options I would prefer over Geno...but bringing Fitz back as a starter, to me, feels like we're just wasting another year.  

7 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

I was surprised they let Osweiler go but hey Elway is a top GM. His record speaks volumes.

I wont rush to judge this decision.

Lets hope Macc can be as successful.

Time will tell and it wont be too long before its known if Denver blew it.

* maybe he can actually teach Sanchez how to play QB

Because Elway knows Kaep is going to be an upgrade over Osweiler and cheaper...

Yet Jet fans and management are running away from their best shot at a franchise QB

Fitzpatrick caught magic last season and I would be surprised if he played to 90 percent of those numbers if he comes back. I definitely think he is the best QB on the Jets roster right now and Mac should raise his offer a little to 9-10 mil per for 3 years. If he comes back I feel the Jets will go 9-7 and will miss the playoffs again, but with any other QB they might not finish .500. The new guy would take some time to get up to speed and the schedule is tough this year, and with Geno in there the Jets would be lucky to go 6-10.

9 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

I like almost everything that Mac has done since we hired him.  Last year Cro was a mistake and Revis was def overpaid.  This year it's tagging Mo.  Overall Mac's been ok.  Like how he's handling the QB situation.  How the f are we in such a cap bind though? It's puzzling.

This is also the result of signing vets as stop gaps because his predecessors mangled our drafts and we had/have little to no depth....

We'll be outta cap hell as soon as next year so its really no worries just one more season to get through...

7 hours ago, Matt39 said:

He's a mid tier to lower tier starter. Which is unfortunately the best we've had in years. Sanchez and Geno couldnt play.

How well do you think Fitz would've done with the 2014 Jets?

Well he hasn't signed anywhere yet. But barring retirement he'll be starting somewhere.

Not necessarily. He'll go to the highest bidder and take whatever role he's given.

In 2014, Fitz was the backup to Ryan Mallet who became backup to Brian Hoyer. 

In 2013, Fitz lost his job in Tennessee to Charlie Whitehurst as the backup to Jake Locker. 

One flash-in-the-pan 2015 season doesn't erase 10 years of suck. 

You're only as good as your last day and with the doors wide open to the playoffs, Fitz took a dump on the welcome mat.

He made his own bed.

1 hour ago, carlito1171 said:

This is also the result of signing vets as stop gaps because his predecessors mangled our drafts and we had/have little to no depth....

We'll be outta cap hell as soon as next year so its really no worries just one more season to get through...

You make a reasonable point but sometimes this time of your I feel like I get one more season-ed to death.

2 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

You make a reasonable point but sometimes this time of your I feel like I get one more season-ed to death.

I hear ya...

Let's hope Mac is actually a component drafter so It truly is "one more year" this time and not the disaster, rinse and repeat we're used to

19 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

The Broncos didnt let that guy walk, Osweiler left. On purpose at that. 

Fair enough.

They franchised Miller and Osweiler left......on  purpose.

Which begs the question.

Why wouldnt they have franchised Osweiler and just given Miller the contract he deserved?

They will have to pay Miller next year anyway.

Elway probably just doesnt believe in Osweiler enought to work that hard and spend that much $ to keep him in Denver.

Until Osweiler becomes a top QB for a few seasons at least, I'm thinking Elway just didnt believe in the guy and in his mind made the right choices.

Plus, maybe he has his eye on Kap all along and signing Osweiler would have prevented this eventual pursuit / signing??

23 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Fair enough.

Which begs the question.

Why wouldnt they have franchised Osweiler and just given Miller the contract he deserved?

Elway probably just doesnt believe in Osweiler enought to work that hard and spend that much $ to keep him in Denver.

Until Osweiler becomes a top QB for a few seasons at least, I'm thinking Elway just didnt believe in the guy and in his mind made the right choices.

Plus, maybe he has his eye on Kap all along and signing Osweiler would have prevented this eventual pursuit / signing??

You and @CrazyCarl40 seem to be hung up on my "on purpose at that" comment

I didnt mean for it to come off the way you guys may have took it, if you in fact took it wrong. It was more about emphasizing the point that Osweiler left with some intention of sticking it to the Broncos and it really wasnt about the Broncos just "letting him walk". The Broncos really tried to keep him but couldnt. I was just emphasizing the point as a way to directly challenge the "letting him walk" comment. 

With that out of the way, they didnt franchise Osweiler beause Miller was a sure thing. Yeah, they were developing him for years, but those 7 games didnt showcase a QB that was totally outstanding. Not bad, but nothing "elite". The Broncos made a choice and it was to keep arguably the best rushing end in the league. Some argue that the #1 and #2 positions in the league are QB and LT, but if you have a DE that could beat any LT/RT in the league and by that sack any QB in the league you can make the fair argument that Miller at minimum plays the most important position on defense, if not in the entire league when taking into account how he disrupts the #1 position in the league on the regular. 

You simply dont play around with a talent like that. With that being said though, The Broncos were actively pursuing Osweiler negotiating and upping their original offer from 39 million to 45 million for a couple years. I was just making a point to show that actions like this doesnt constitute letting a player walk. The Broncos lost out on the bid for a team that bid higher along with the fact that Osweiler didnt like getting benched. So with Osweiler knowing the position the Broncos were in he wasnt playing the "home discount" game. He was going to make sure that if he stayed that they were going to pay through the roof....or someone else would. 

Again, my bad if the comment came off crazy. That wasnt the intention. 

5 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Fair enough.

Which begs the question.

There may be a big difference between what the team thinks he deserves and what his agent is asking . 

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

That sh*t is so bad. I'm glad that I came around too.

The Mariota v Jameis analyses broke me. It revealed what nitwits the far majority of those guys are and how shallow their pool of knowledge is. They prosper through sheer volume.

Amazing how an article that started as a bronco oswieler thing morphed into a bash ftiz thing.

It is going to be amusing when Oswiler falls on his ass in Houston and is a slightly smarter Ryan Mallet.  Osweiler lead denver to those wins this year just like sanchez 'lead' the jets to two afc title games.  For all the hullabaloo about obrein being a great qb guru he actually wanted both hoyer and mallett to be on his team.  Denver dodged a bullet here,

Archived