Myles Jack Sliding?

KRL

6 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Eventually he might need microfracture Surgery.( big difference)    Medical science is amazing today,  as they keep perfecting techniques to deal better with these type of injuries.

See Acl injuries which at one time as serious as microfracture surgery.( those things aren't as big a deal anymore) .    There are a lot of players that have had Microfracture surgery and have come back from that injury.( more they perfect this technique the better chance down the road this injury isn't as serious).

Of course player come back from microfracture surgery.  The problem is they don't come back as the same guy.

I have never seen a player regain his athleticism after microfracture surgery.

7 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

So he could drop to the Raiders.( last team he worked out for) . .  Seriously Carl which player is going to be drafted first Myles Jack,  or Jaylon Smith? 

Please dear God let the Raiders take Jack.  Anyone remember a guy named Robertson?  How did that pick end up?? 

It is hard to judge a player who has been injured all year especially a college kid. I myself would not take him in the top 5 picks. This draft has to many players who are worth in the top 5 and we have film to review their year. If Jaylon wasn't hurt he was a top 5 pick easily in this draft.  

14 hours ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Please dear God let the Raiders take Jack.  Anyone remember a guy named Robertson?  How did that pick end up?? 

You probably would get your wish.

There is a good chance if Myles Jack makes it to 14 he will be the Raiders pick. There are two perfect fits for the Raiders in this draft Myles Jack, or Robert Nkemdiche.

Each have their own risks, and I don't think they care what happens 3 or 4 years .   They have big plans for 2016.    

I think there is a good chance Beast Mode ends up in Oakland too.( notice he hasn't put his retirement papers yet- Seattle can't afford him .( have to cut him eventually as they can't fit him in their cap).

As a long shot if he drops into the teens or to 20 I could see Mac taking a stab at him. Not sure if he would trade up (he didn't last year when we got Williams). It would depend on his medicals of course. If healthy he's  just what they need. Of course if  he selects the guy and he's always injured he'll get killed by everyone. I mean Milliner was the best CB in his draft class (and didn't have the severe injury history that Jack has) and most experts said it was a good pick and filled a need. But guess who got blamed because so far the guy hasn't been able to get on the field. A guy who was fired.

“[The degenerative problems are] there, but it’s nothing extreme,” Jack said, via Bart Hubbuch of the New York Post. “Down the line, possibly I could have microfracture surgery — potentially. Who knows what will happen?

“Nobody knows how long anybody is going to play in this league. To play three years in this league would be above average.”

Sounds like he's eyeing a fast cash money grab a la Manziel.

On 4/27/2016 at 8:44 AM, Raideraholic said:

Early part of a severe injury that doctors aren't use to see, are hard to deal with. ( doctors haven't perfected the technique) . Players even today are coming back from microfracture surgery( only going to improve with more time ). Like Tommy John surgery use to be career threaten injury to Pitchers.

For example the injury to Bo Jackson that ended his career isn't as big a deal today. The doctors never saw that type of injury before , and didn't know how to treat it -till it was too late.

You have no idea wht the hell you are talking about. Bo had avascular necrosis from having a severe hip dislocation. He had a permanent loss of blood supply (avascular = no blood) to the bone which caused the head of his femur to weaken and die. He wound up with a hip replacement. He was lucky to play pro baseball for a short time but would never ever played  footbal again then or now. If you could ask him I  am certain he would tell you he is happy to be walking.There are no new treatments for that severe of an osteo injury of any kind so please go blab your pseudoscience somehwere else.

On 4/27/2016 at 9:57 PM, NYs Stepchild said:

Trade Mo to CHI Take Jack, Lynch and Jaylon Smith in the 4th. 

We'll be in the SB in 2017, or 2018...or both

Or Jack and Smith will both perennially be on the IR and Lynch will be a bust.

46 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

You have no idea wht the hell you are talking about. Bo had avascular necrosis from having a severe hip dislocation. He had a permanent loss of blood supply (avascular = no blood) to the bone which caused the head of his femur to weaken and die. He wound up with a hip replacement. He was lucky to play pro baseball for a short time but would never ever played  footbal again then or now. If you could ask him I  am certain he would tell you he is happy to be walking.There are no new treatments for that severe of an osteo injury of any kind so please go blab your pseudoscience somehwere else.

Yeah, I gotta agree 100 with this.  He had bone death from lack blood supply.   The only thing you can do for that is hip replacement.

2 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Yeah, I gotta agree 100 with this.  He had bone death from lack blood supply.   The only thing you can do for that is hip replacement.

He only had that condition because he never got checked by a Doctor.  If he would have gotten diagnosed immediately the bone death would have never happened.

Archived