Voodoo Island Mafia - Game On

SMC or Lily.

Should aim for competing trains today, regardless of whether you agree with my 2 choices. If people vote, set the expectation that they should provide a reason. Make people own a position. Part of lazy play is allowing people to waffle on things, it affords far too much hedging, and manipulation.

Vote SMC

2 hours ago, HessStation said:

Ape, Dan and Smash are my tops prob

I understand how I made your list, but why Dan and Smash? Indulge me.

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

vote APE

Good vote. Play the game right, explain why.

@Leelou care to follow up with those scummy posts by me from D1?

You're playing as though I nailed you as scum, and your recourse has been to throw a 'new playstyle' out there to make everyone guess. You weren't doing this bit before I called you out for that nudge though.

4 hours ago, Pac said:

So in this vanilla game leelou is a gun weilding lunatic capable of investigations (claiming got an innocent on jif, and jif has a vest he claims not to know anything about.  Thats followed up by Wesley claiming his scene was flavor.  yeah nothing learned on day 1.

Wait, is this accurate?

So, DPR's scene isn't confirmed as related to a game action? I'm not following... 

Just now, HessStation said:

Dan was giddy and lol'ijg at mistakes early and Smash seems a little too level headed this game.

Cool, thanks. I'm confused how you process these things as "scummy", but applaud you for at least having a point of view.

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

@Leelou care to follow up with those scummy posts by me from D1?

You're playing as though I nailed you as scum, and your recourse has been to throw a 'new playstyle' out there to make everyone guess. You weren't doing this bit before I called you out for that nudge though.

I think Leelou decided to say **** it this game and go rouge. How is it possible you find her scummy?

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Wait, is this accurate?

So, DPR's scene isn't confirmed as related to a game action? I'm not following... 

Pac is just being Pac. Everybody is clear that scenes are written for comic effect and that unless I specify a game action (i.e. a lynch, a death or a shooting) to a specific player, nothing game related should be read into things like the horrible girly-drinks that Pac enjoys.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I think Leelou decided to say **** it this game and go rouge. How is it possible you find her scummy?

Her play, before going "**** it" was the type of nudgy thing I look for from scum (which includes all non-town players). It's not a grandiose case, it's just something that pinged.

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

Imo possible Sk for Leelou but not scum. But if that's the case id love to see her mow down a bunch players first. Pew pew pew go sk go!!!!

I said this already. I agree. It's not a stretch for her to call JIF town as a bluff of some sort too... odds favor her guessing right.

What I don't agree with is that she is "vetted" which several people have said. Including CTM I think, which seems like a leap in logic for him.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Her play, before going "**** it" was the type of nudgy thing I look for from scum (which includes all non-town players). It's not a grandiose case, it's just something that pinged.

I said this already. I agree. It's not a stretch for her to call JIF town as a bluff of some sort too... odds favor her guessing right.

What I don't agree with is that she is "vetted" which several people have said. Including CTM I think, which seems like a leap in logic for him.

Pretty sure she was on the **** this sh*t train from post one. Everybody has those games usually when RL sh*t gets a little crazy and the game is used to vent, let off steam. If Leelou's scum I'm Janet Jackson. 

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Pretty sure she was on the **** this sh*t train from post one. Everybody has those games usually when RL sh*t gets a little crazy and the game is used to vent, let off steam. If Leelou's scum I'm Janet Jackson. 

You've put more thought into why Leelou isn't scum, than why me, Dan and/or Smash are. Why?

5 hours ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

It feels like people make snap decisions based off of very little information. Seems like a recipe for disaster to play that way. Games used to drag a while back but at least day one people didnn't act like it was serious business when we're all working with like next to no information. 

psst...  there was a deadline.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Not really, no. it just took more words to explain it

Disagree.

For your list of 3 scum FOS. You said our names, and I had to prompt you to provide more. You wrote a sentence.

For Leelou, you've volunteered several responses/explanations for why she's town, and inquiring why I think otherwise.

Seems like more thought, and if nothing else more effort, going into Leelou defense.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Disagree.

For your list of 3 scum FOS. You said our names, and I had to prompt you to provide more. You wrote a sentence.

For Leelou, you've volunteered several responses/explanations for why she's town, and inquiring why I think otherwise.

Seems like more thought, and if nothing else more effort, going into Leelou defense.

Nope, same amount of thought. I'm pretty sure.

Just now, HessStation said:

Nope, same amount of thought. I'm pretty sure.

Alright, then I'll amend my observation to effort. So, why so much effort to defend Leelou, with so little put into advocating for your own FOS list?

23 minutes ago, D P R said:

Pac is just being Pac. Everybody is clear that scenes are written for comic effect and that unless I specify a game action (i.e. a lynch, a death or a shooting) to a specific player, nothing game related should be read into things like the horrible girly-drinks that Pac enjoys.

So Leelou didn't shoot JiF.  But she sure acted like she did.

Vote Leelou

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Alright, then I'll amend my observation to effort. So, why so much effort to defend Leelou, with so little put into advocating for your own FOS list?

because I'm more confident of my town list. It's like I have a 6th sense sometimes it feels like.

8 minutes ago, CTM said:

ok so now that we have the delusional view out of the way I'll tell you what's really happenned

While you were away Ape did begin to tell people he got really good at day 1 scum hunting, I think he blind squirrel Jetscode one time and  used it as his proof.. This of course flys in the face of his true day 1 hit rate which is actually far lower than the 28% chance he'd have should he just throw a dart at at a list of names, but I digress

He also did begin to post more and more but that's mainly because townies completely ignored him and his walls of text (except whomever he was bickering with) and scum used his hot air to hide behind and almost never night kill him because of it . Ape is only able to view this as apathy because as an egomaniac he can't comprehend why everyone of us aren't hanging on his every brilliant word.

The real reality is that over time as games became more plentiful,  people became more experienced and thier roles and niches within the community better defined. Outside of the mafia community,  we've all grown up and had children and job changes and moves etc. So just like the jets football, which brought most of us here and most of us no longer live and die by, each game of mafia became less important,  people took it less seriously, didn't fight tooth and nail to not be the lynch. For most of us it's simply an excuse to have a laugh with some old internet friends, rip on each other a bit and occasionally get in a good puzzle/ contest, a pleasant distraction from the grind of everyday life,  like an afternoon of football watching  ..

outside of ape, our egos aren't defined by success/failure here, days and weeks aren't made or ruined by wins / losses (again, similiar to the way the 10 year older version of us react to jets games )

in short, for most of us, mafia has the proper place and importance within our overall lives

Projecting ^^^

• Upvote 3

Just now, CTM said:

allowing ape to tell the history of jn mafia to good people like JVOR would be like letting you or smash describe the career of Chad Pennington to my future grandson 

That post of his was cereal?  I thought it was like a legit post like the Onion writes legit articles.