Voodoo Island Mafia - Game On

14 minutes ago, CTM said:

could this be as blatantly distancing as it first appears?

agreed on this... and i'm not second-guessing it

this little hess flair-up feels like a shiny object, i'm staying put

3 hours ago, Verbal said:

@Pac

Can you explain the "Leelou didn't shoot JiF but acted like she did" thing?  Do you know something we don't?

Weslina said that all his scenes are flavor.

and why are people just accepting Leelous preposterous claim that she was told JiF was town..  again..  why in this vanilla game do we have an investigator with a gun?

1 hour ago, CTM said:

seems cool

surprised you're not more into this kind of thing considering your former employers..  but I suppose you were just stashed away in a broom closet writing code.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Pac said:

and why are people just accepting Leelous preposterous claim that she was told JiF was town..  again..  why in this vanilla game do we have an investigator with a gun?

23 hours ago, D P R said:

The open bar has had its usual effect and as the evening wore on, the mood turned ugly.

Who can say why these things happen... was it the alcohol? Was it the arguing? Or was it some deeper, hidden desire toward the man who loves trikes?

We may never know.

What we do know is that in the middle of a particularly heated engagement between multiple guests, a shot rang out in the night.

JiF's BVP flew off in tatters, to which he screamed...

WHAT THE ACTUAL ****?!!! 

Deadline will be extended until 2:15. 

23 hours ago, D P R said:

It is. This is a ver, very basic game setup. For me.

One does want just a sprinkle of flavor.

15 hours ago, D P R said:

Pac is just being Pac. Everybody is clear that scenes are written for comic effect and that unless I specify a game action (i.e. a lynch, a death or a shooting) to a specific player, nothing game related should be read into things like the horrible girly-drinks that Pac enjoys.

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Dunno. Didn't he do the flaky voting thing his last time as scum? To me it's a null tell.

I think I mentioned this to 80 (or Leelou, cant remember) -- he does it both as scum and town, but it's more strategically timed as scum (at least 3 out of 4 times...he tries to throw in some variability to keep it from being a true tell).

^^Or I could be really off base and Hess is loving that I'm an overconfident a-hole right now.  Either way, sounds good to me.

2 hours ago, Leelou said:

Happy Birthday @SMC

Totally missed this when he said it because I was a scummy skimming tool.  So Happy Birthday @SMC!!!

2 hours ago, HessStation said:

AVM has just transitioned to town list. Thumbs up guys. We're gonna win this one together.

Woohoo!

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I wish I had a bat wrapped with barbed wire right now.

Please, Hess is Daryl in this scenario.  Pac is Rick.

You know what to do, Ape.

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

You lynched a townie numb nuts. I take it back you're probably scum.

That's two people called numb nuts this game.  I'm pretty sure we can Ape-FOS this thing and call everyone numb nuts this game.

I believe in us.

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

Yea.

Hmm...why? (this is referencing going to random)

I nerded out with my 90% blah blah and "ROI" mess yesterday.

1 hour ago, CTM said:

seems cool

IDK why but this was really funny to me

1 hour ago, CTM said:

No.. normally i go for the hot soul sucking bitch who ruins my life.. this one an average looking hippy girl who is totally good to me.. it's very confusing

So just treat you right and you'll let us curse like sailors again?

CTM you're the best you ******* monster!

...hopefully that counts

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, CTM said:

yeah and he slightly pinged last game but not enough to pursue despite me tryig to bait him a little. The prior game i think i had no clue, but didn't he die random on day 1?

Anyway, this has been going on for years. I feel like Mike McDermott  just waiting to catch Teddy KGB's tell

Watched that again a couple months ago...great movie.

1 hour ago, Leelou said:

I'd really like to hear from dingbat. 

Yeah...we're at the point where he needs to start giving input.

23 minutes ago, Pac said:

The interaction he had with JiF, however, while not confirming him as town per say definitely confirms that Leelou shot at him.

And having been here when it happened...until we have information that states otherwise (and maybe not even then, depending...) they are at worst pretty damn low on the suspect list.

39 minutes ago, Pac said:

when i find out more, i'll tell you... speculating and pushing kooky theories is bad for the town... or so i've been told

Why is Pac acting like we have to get to the bottom of Leelou right now? She's locked to what she's said, if it ends up untrue, then we have her. Zero point in pursuing it further, until we see more.

Seems like he's just pushing a distraction from the Lily/SMC trains.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Why is Pac acting like we have to get to the bottom of Leelou right now? She's locked to what she's said, if it ends up untrue, then we have her. Zero point in pursuing it further, until we see more.

Seems like he's just pushing a distraction from the Lily/SMC trains.

His whole not being able to grasp it is an acting job and its starting to ping.  It's pretty F'ing clear what happened and nobody is clearing anyone off it.  I mean, we know he's slow but he's not this slow.

He fancies himself the best player in the game but can grasp what happened?

I'd put him in my top 3 now.

Dan, Hess, Pac 

1 hour ago, AVM said:

That's two people called numb nuts this game.  I'm pretty sure we can Ape-FOS this thing and call everyone numb nuts this game.

I believe in us.

Hmm...why? (this is referencing going to random)

I nerded out with my 90% blah blah and "ROI" mess yesterday.

IDK why but this was really funny to me

So just treat you right and you'll let us curse like sailors again?

CTM you're the best you ******* monster!

...hopefully that counts

Bc I'm cool and calm under pressure. Like a boss.

2 hours ago, CTM said:

could this be as blatantly distancing as it first appears?

Yeah.. That's what it is starting to looks like to me too. 

My strongest scum read right now is still lily, but that's getting no traction right now for some reason, but really i'm more than happy with these two as the leading train getter anyways. Wombat might either genuinely be busy at work, but he's still up there for me based on his posts so far. Would want him to chime in on his thoughts on lily and smc. 

Pac is also playing little league mafia right now for some reason. 

Unvote

vote smc

37 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Yeah.. That's what it is starting to looks like to me too. 

My strongest scum read right now is still lily, but that's getting no traction right now for some reason, but really i'm more than happy with these two as the leading train getter anyways. Wombat might either genuinely be busy at work, but he's still up there for me based on his posts so far. Would want him to chime in on his thoughts on lily and smc. 

Pac is also playing little league mafia right now for some reason. 

Unvote

vote smc

is Lily getting no traction?  I havent seen a vote count but I thought she had a few votes.

In general, I always think its strange, maybe scummy to say your strongest read is ____ and vote someone else.  Especially when we are in no rush and dont even have a recent vote count.

And a lot of this was straight parroting.

Something to take notice of...

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

is Lily getting no traction?  I havent seen a vote count but I thought she had a few votes.

In general, I always think its strange, maybe scummy to say your strongest read is ____ and vote someone else.  Especially when we are in no rush and dont even have a recent vote count.

And a lot of this was straight parroting.

Something to take notice of...

That rattled around in my head too when I read it. And it's not like Lily hasn't had her name brought up by multiple players, she has some votes already, and it's not like she already had some train that stalled with JVOR's vote on it...

Current Vote Count:

SMC (7) - 80, Ape, Lily, Dan, Verb, JVoR, CTM

Wombat (4) - Hally, Leelou, Hess, AVM

Ape (2) - Smash, JC

Lily (2) - Wombat, SMC

Leelou (1) - Pac

Dan (1) - JiF

CTM (1) - Pac

With 17 Players, it takes 9 to feed the sharks.