Voodoo Island Mafia - Game On

1 minute ago, Pac said:

That post of his was cereal?  I thought it was like a legit post like the Onion writes legit articles.

have you not been skimming all his whining about the down fall of serious mafia play here?

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

and who shoots Crusher??  He's had 1 good game in 11 years.

Me and crush had one of the greater scum wins of all time together. You've actually pulled a few out if your ass as well. I can't recall you ever actually benefiting the town though..

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, CTM said:

have you not been skimming all his whining about the down fall of serious mafia play here?

Well truth be told I've been getting the finishing pieces of a 5.1.4 Atmos system the last couple days and am actually hooking up the ceiling mounted speakers as we type.  I've been preoccupied but reading. 

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

JIF, when he's scum, usually.

Also, anyone that regularly deems Crusher as unlynchable... *looks at CTM*

yes crusher is always a tempting early target for me.. but i don't do it every time to not establish meta..

as far as this game, it wasn't me

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Well truth be told I've been getting the finishing pieces of a 5.1.4 Atmos system the last couple days and am actually hooking up the ceiling mounted speakers as we type.  I've been preoccupied but reading. 

what

he you do the payroll stuff too right?

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

JIF, when he's scum, usually.

Also, anyone that regularly deems Crusher as unlynchable... *looks at CTM*

that's true..  inevitably when Crush gets to L3 he goes nuclear and people peel their votes off faster than Bobby Flay peels an onion.

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

that's true..  inevitably when Crush gets to L3 he goes nuclear and people peel their votes off faster than Bobby Flay peels an onion.

one season i made it my goal to get that fat pos lynched and I think i got him to l-2 once and that was the closest i got

big fat cuddly blumpkin

Just now, CTM said:

one season i made it my goal to get that fat pos lynched and I think i got him to l-2 and that was the closest i got

big fat cuddly blumpkin

It's bizarre..  he stomps his feet like Herman Munster and the "unvotes" start getting passed around like chocolates.  F that fat turd.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, CTM said:

what

he you do the payroll stuff too right?

I think I finally understand this.  Yes I do the payroll stuff and such..  the Atmos system is mine and it's for fun.  Home theater stuff has been a hobby for quite a number of years.  I'll post pics when I'm done and probably declare that I'm awesome.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

I think I finally understand this.  Yes I do the payroll stuff and such..  the Atmos system is mine and it's for fun.  Home theater stuff has been a hobby for quite a number of years.  I'll post pics when I'm done and probably declare that I'm awesome.

i have no ******* clue what atmos is.. i was talking with the guy about payroll today and couldn't remember if you did that + cc or just cc

55 minutes ago, CTM said:

i have no ******* clue what atmos is.. i was talking with the guy about payroll today and couldn't remember if you did that + cc or just cc

dolby-atmos-onkyo-amber-tech-2014-10-09-

Something like this ^^^

Dolby Atmos is a new audio format for creating and playing back multichannel movie soundtracks. It was developed to give movie sound a more three-dimensional effect. Traditional 5.1- and 7.1-channel surround setups deliver captivating sound using speakers placed all around your room.

And I do CC but formerly payroll.  Can get you both.  I haven't forgotten about that.

9 hours ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

I probably should just stop signing up to these things i just can't put enough time and energy in like i used to. Not really into making this a negative experience for you all so sorry if inactivity is doing so. 

in any event, leelou i feel better about now after reading back on her recent posts, i still like my other lynch candidates though in lily and wombat. Wombat in particular i feel like is spending half the time defending his play and not scumhunting like he normally does.  Scummery mcscummery abound. Then again i skimmed about 12 pages in 3 minutes so who the hell knows. 

I guess it's selfish but I'm enjoying myself so I'm going to keep playing, lol.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, CTM said:

this game is fine, last game was slow until ape ape'd our house

I think last game thread felt slower bc of the QTs. At least for me. I was posting more of my unfiltered reactions to things in the QT, where I trusted all of my teammates.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, AVM said:

Stop this "stop signing up" nonsense or I'll fight you.  I'll quickly get hurt and you'll feel a mixture of guilt and overwhelmingly laughter come over you.

You remember back when people flipped out about not lynching inactives, so we lynched inactives for a whole year and figured out it didn't work to just lynch inactives?

Except for Sharrow.  We never lynched Sharrow (and almost always should have).

I miss Sharrow!!!!! What happened to him?

4 hours ago, HessStation said:

Dan was giddy and lol'ijg at mistakes early and Smash seems a little too level headed

I do feel great, lol. I think breastfeeding hormones have made me less of a bitch. Or am I scum!! LOL.

4 hours ago, CTM said:

ok so now that we have the delusional view out of the way I'll tell you what's really happenned

While you were away Ape did begin to tell people he got really good at day 1 scum hunting, I think he blind squirrel Jetscode one time and  used it as his proof.. This of course flys in the face of his true day 1 hit rate which is actually far lower than the 28% chance he'd have should he just throw a dart at at a list of names, but I digress

He also did begin to post more and more but that's mainly because townies completely ignored him and his walls of text (except whomever he was bickering with) and scum used his hot air to hide behind and almost never night kill him because of it . Ape is only able to view this as apathy because as an egomaniac he can't comprehend why everyone of us aren't hanging on his every brilliant word.

The real reality is that over time as games became more plentiful,  people became more experienced and thier roles and niches within the community better defined. Outside of the mafia community,  we've all grown up and had children and job changes and moves etc. So just like the jets football, which brought most of us here and most of us no longer live and die by, each game of mafia became less important,  people took it less seriously, didn't fight tooth and nail to not be the lynch. For most of us it's simply an excuse to have a laugh with some old internet friends, rip on each other a bit and occasionally get in a good puzzle/ contest, a pleasant distraction from the grind of everyday life,  like an afternoon of football watching  ..

outside of ape, our egos aren't defined by success/failure here, days and weeks aren't made or ruined by wins / losses (again, similiar to the way the 10 year older version of us react to jets games )

in short, for most of us, mafia has the proper place and importance within our overall lives

When I started playing I think I was like 20 and this was my first experience talking to strangers online. LOL, I was so nervous.

• Upvote 3