Andrew 'just ran outta' Luck (guess who's his new QBC)

Lego My Lageman

4 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

None of this proves him to be good in any way, it's nothing but a looooooong list of excuses why it wasn't his fault that they constantly sucked.  2010 was the only year the Jets offense wasn't near the bottom of the league on offense.  So what's your argument... 1 out of 6 ain't bad?  The only thing that has even the slightest bit of validity is that you may be right that he wasn't as awful of an OC as Sparano.  Hardly saying much, considering most on this board could probably be better than Sparano was.

I am not saying he was great but this notion that he sucked is 100% false.  outside of that 2007 season we averaged being 14th in pts scored which is in the top half of the league.  Year before he got here? we were 29th, year after he left? 28th.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

Once again... excuses.  That is quite literally the only thing you have provided.  Granted, those excuses are a valid enough argument for why the failures were not 100% Schitty's fault, and I certainly agree they were not.  But so far, you have provided zero reason to believe that he was by any definition "good".

yep, nothing but excuses for making 2 title games.  minus one bad season where Kellen Clemens was our primary starter the O was in the top half of the league in pts scored on average the other 5 seasons but that sucks, right?

28 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

2010: sanchez elevated to top 10ish QB and the O was responsible for winning most of our games despite Holmes missing 4 games, edwards being suspended for a qtr at Miami(where O scored 14 pts in that qtr w/o him or Holmes) and Cotch being banged up much of the season.  again had his QB playing well in postseason and we had our best chance at a SB since 1968.

if the league figured him out how did we make 2 championship games?  it would be impossible w/ a bad offense to do that.

he was actually doing a fine job w/ Mark, what killed Mark was letting go of his weapons and not replacing them and letting Brian go.  he had his only bad year for us in 2012 w/o Brian and missing all the key guys from the '09/'10 runs.

That's...   so not true.  Sanchez top 10 in the league?

I think Schott did an OK job.  Like most people, if you give him good talent he looks better, if you give him bad talent he looks bad.

2 minutes ago, chirorob said:

That's...   so not true.  Sanchez top 10 in the league?

I think Schott did an OK job.  Like most people, if you give him good talent he looks better, if you give him bad talent he looks bad.

absolutely 100%, how many late game comebacks did he lead that year? he was a major key why we won 11 games then again elevated his play in postseason.  he had some clunkers thrown in too but he was really good the majority of that season despite Holmes missing 4 games, Cotch being hurt, LR being invisible after the first month, losing Mangold that first pats game, losing Woody and having Hunter as our starter late in the year and in 2 of the 3 playoff games.

1 hour ago, Lego My Lageman said:

Didnt know Brian Schottenheimer is the Colts new QB coach. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/11/brian-schottenheimer-were-not-changing-the-way-andrew-luck-plays/

The Colts fired offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton last season and replaced him with Rob Chudzinski before making an offseason change at quarterbacks coach with Brian Schottenheimer taking over for Clyde Christensen.

Those changes were made in order to get better results from the team’s offense than the Colts got during the 2015 season, changes that continued in the draft when the Colts drafted four offensive linemen to join a unit that didn’t do its job very well. When it comes to quarterback Andrew Luck, though, Schottenheimer says they aren’t trying to do something new.

“We’re not going to change the way Andrew plays,” Schottenheimer said, via CBS4 in Indianapolis. “Andrew’s going to play the game. You’ve got to let Andrew play.”

The way Luck has played over his four NFL seasons has often worked out well for the Colts, but everything hasn’t been perfect. He has turned the ball over 84 times in his career and the team has already said they want him to do more to protect himselfwhile trying to extend plays like the one that ended with a lacerated kidney last season.

Those things may not call for changing the way Luck plays, but they will call for some changes to the decisions that he makes on the field. His ability to do so without losing any of the positive things he brings to the offense will have much to do with how much the other changes help the Colts in 2016.

His stock was already going down.   I think he had a problem with his shoulder that no one wanted to talk about.  This won't help.

1 minute ago, Savage69 said:

And his rating under Dan Henning with the Fins was 97.4..

in 2008, overall 94.5 and we watched him take a team w/ half the talent as us from 1 win to 11 while we got Favred and missed the playoffs.

24 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

What a genius.

brianschottenheimer.gif

16 minutes ago, JiF said:

Haha love this gif.  Reminds me of his stupidity and how Kerley catches everything. 

Kerley, Keller, Holmes all stop short of the marker as if they guestimated wrong but the D knew where it was.

Sanchez can't judge from his POV, he can only make a snap decision.

It's hard to believe Schotty designed it that way and everybody agreed ... again and again.

8 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

in 2008, overall 94.5 and we watched him take a team w/ half the talent as us from 1 win to 11 while we got Favred and missed the playoffs.

Yep old Chaddy cakes had 1 more good season left in the old beaten body and shoulder.. injury-smiley-emoticon.gif

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

Brian did a very good job for us as an OC, it's a shame he became the scapegoat for the organization and as a QB coach for SD Drew Brees credits him for helping to develop him but let's keep bashing the guy b/c of misguided views on him from whiny fans.

Especially in Pittsburg during the championship game.  Also called the same to play to open every game for years, even after

D backs started jumping it and taking it for six, other than being mentally retarded, vengeful that he wasn't named our OC and totally predictable,  as well hating players like Woodhead he didn't have the pedigree he demanded, he was excellent,

why isn't he a HC or at least OC ?

1 minute ago, 77DRAFT said:

Especially in Pittsburg during the championship game.  Also called the same to play to open every game for years, even after

D backs started jumping it and taking it for six, other than being mentally retarded, vengeful that he wasn't named our OC and totally predictable,  as well hating players like Woodhead he didn't have the pedigree he demanded, he was excellent,

Funny thing is after the 10-6 2006 season fans were crying Dam we finally got a good OC and we probably will lose him in 2007 to a team that needs a HC..:lol:

27 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

absolutely 100%, how many late game comebacks did he lead that year? he was a major key why we won 11 games then again elevated his play in postseason.  he had some clunkers thrown in too but he was really good the majority of that season despite Holmes missing 4 games, Cotch being hurt, LR being invisible after the first month, losing Mangold that first pats game, losing Woody and having Hunter as our starter late in the year and in 2 of the 3 playoff games.

Top 10 in the league.

He threw for 3200 yards, completed almost 55% of his passes, with 17 TDs. 

We are going to have to agree to disagree here.  Now, in 2010 if you said Sanchez improved from his rookie year, and looked like he might become a real  good NFL QB, I'd totally agree.

4 minutes ago, 77DRAFT said:

he did a good job in Pitt in the title game.

he was vengeful? he's the one that got rid of Woodhead?:lol:

Just now, chirorob said:

Top 10 in the league.

He threw for 3200 yards, completed almost 55% of his passes, with 17 TDs. 

We are going to have to agree to disagree here.  Now, in 2010 if you said Sanchez improved from his rookie year, and looked like he might become a real  good NFL QB, I'd totally agree.

meaningless fantasy #s, he helped us win 11 games and get to the title game and gave us a legit shot at a SB under less than ideal circumstances w/ all the injuries/suspensions.

9 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Funny thing is after the 10-6 2006 season fans were crying Dam we finally got a good OC and we probably will lose him in 2007 to a team that needs a HC..:lol:

That was quite funny, 10 wins can be quite easy at times, see last season's schedule.

31 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Kerley, Keller, Holmes all stop short of the marker as if they guestimated wrong but the D knew where it was.

Sanchez can't judge from his POV, he can only make a snap decision.

It's hard to believe Schotty designed it that way and everybody agreed ... again and again.

This is only one example of countless 3rd downs designed to come up just short of the marker. Brian thinks that there's no way the opposing DC will ever expect this. Just like we confuse defenses by going shotgun on 3rd and goal from the 1, or running play action with an empty backfield. Then we tipped off every play we ever ran. 

I am so glad he's gone. 

4 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

True in 2005 the team was 4-12 in 2007 the team was also 4-12 and then the great Mangini got Favre and went 9-7..:)

If Favre was actually any good in 2008, you could use the Favre argument, but in the last 5 games, Favre's play made Sanchez's play look stellar.

Shotty sucks but not nearly as bad as he is kicked around here for.  He had to put up with some of the most dreadful QB's in the league during his tenures.  Bad QB's make OC's bad.

Having said all that Indy is 100% totally stupid, starting with keeping Pagano.  They are going to waste the Andre Luck years.  Bone heads.

5 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

If Favre was actually any good in 2008, you could use the Favre argument, but in the last 5 games, Favre's play made Sanchez's play look stellar.

The Great Mangini had his QB in Clemens that he developed if Favre couldn't go he should have played..BTW Favre in 2008 had 22 tds and 22 picks but you think Sanchez's 12 yd's and 20 picks was stellar??

2 hours ago, Lego My Lageman said:

The back is motion, the back returns to his original spot on the line. Rinse repeat=Superbowl

Oh come on, you forgot the famed FB splits out wide and then flails his hands wildly, completely throws the defense right off their game! 

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

yep, nothing but excuses for making 2 title games.  minus one bad season where Kellen Clemens was our primary starter the O was in the top half of the league in pts scored on average the other 5 seasons but that sucks, right?

This argument doesn't work, because if the 2 championship games somehow proved the value of the likes of Sanchez and Schitty, that means it would apply to every player and coach associated with the Jets in those years as well.  This, of course, would completely invalidate your argument chastising others involved with those team as an excuse for the failures of those two.  It's really rather self-contradictory.

Oh yeah, and that last statement?  That's just a lie.

Didnt this guy just finish helping his HC at U. Georgia get fired with his horrible results as OC or am I missing  something here?

I know this is old news, Indy hired him in January but since we are talkng about him why on earth would Indy even consider this reject?

Maybe they needed to fulfill some EOE requirement.

1 hour ago, Savage69 said:

The Great Mangini had his QB in Clemens that he developed if Favre couldn't go he should have played..BTW Favre in 2008 had 22 tds and 22 picks but you think Sanchez's 12 yd's and 20 picks was stellar??

I specifically said I was referring to Favres last 5 games in 08, in whcih I believe he threw 2 TD's and 9 Int's, yes, that is far worse than Sanchez was in 09.

Mangini was not a very good coach, but the Ryan family should wake up every morning and throw a thank you towards Mangini for building the team that Rex had success with, becasue if it was not for Mangini Rex and Rob would be coaching the DL for D3 colleges these days, instead, they are very wealthy men, or at least Rex is, but Rob has a job. We all saw what Rex has been since Mangini's team fell apart.

Schotty will look like a genius because he has a QB to work with. He never had a QB in NY. Sanchez was garbage.

What's worse is Sanchez is still in the NFL being garbage. I give him credit though for not being a disaster in Philly.

48 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

This argument doesn't work, because if the 2 championship games somehow proved the value of the likes of Sanchez and Schitty, that means it would apply to every player and coach associated with the Jets in those years as well.  This, of course, would completely invalidate your argument chastising others involved with those team as an excuse for the failures of those two.  It's really rather self-contradictory.

Oh yeah, and that last statement?  That's just a lie.

it always amazes me how we bash mark, the OC, Rex, the GM and yet we made 2 title games.  what luck we had!

the last statement is 100% fact.  taking out the disaster of 2007:

pts scored:

2006: 18th

2008: 9th

2009: 17th

2010: 13th

2011: 13th(we spent much of 2011 in the top 10)

18+9+17+13+13=70/5=14

avg ranking was 14, there are 32 teams in the league so 14th is top half.

Archived