Brandon Marshall Snaps After Terrible Practice

Freemanm

I've never seen this level of emo reached so quickly, over s case of one person assuming everyone would know wtf he's talking about and being wrong.

Amazing.

Anyway, Marshall is our best player. He's not disrupting the team, he's setting the bar higher. Not a problem.

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I was hoping to steer the thread to malcontent but we could start there if you want.  

I hope the ball landed in the parking lot and dented the Porsche he will eventually have to hand over to Antonio Brown.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I've never seen this level of emo reached so quickly, over s case of one person assuming everyone would know wtf he's talking about and being wrong.

Amazing.

Anyway, Marshall is our best player. He's not disrupting the team, he's setting the bar higher. Not a problem.

If punting the ball out of frustration was the worst thing someone did back when I played, we would have been the kindest and happiest team in the country.  We, also, would have probably sucked.

If things starting going south with Fitz, that locker room is going to get very interesting.  Think Bears before the trade.

And who the **** is Marshall to be losing his sh*t over some roster fodder dropping a pass in practice when this dude dropped the game winning TD pass vs. the Pats in the first meeting last year.  2nd in the league in drops too.

This dude is a straight wack-a-doo. 

3 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Unbelieveable the increased frequency of posters here acting like 13 year old girls with their first period sand stuck in their panties.

That really is giving me a disturbing and somewhat confused visual.

20 hours ago, JiF said:

If things starting going south with Fitz, that locker room is going to get very interesting.  Think Bears before the trade.

And who the **** is Marshall to be losing his sh*t over some roster fodder dropping a pass in practice when this dude dropped the game winning TD pass vs. the Pats in the first meeting last year.  2nd in the league in drops too.

This dude is a straight wack-a-doo. 

For punting a ball out of frustration? You guys are ridiculous behind your keyboards.

Only Jet fans criticize their best players constantly. Marshall has been a godsend to this team. I liken him to a rehabilitated Chris Carter. Leads by example & is so confident and so talented that younger players strive to emulate him. All great WRs are strange cats, with a few exceptions, just like top CBs. I can't wait to see the slim downed Brandon dominating again, especially in the 2nd year in this offense with the addition of Forte & Amaro. 

1 hour ago, jgb said:

For punting a ball out of frustration? You guys are ridiculous behind your keyboards.

He even admitted he overreacted.  So, I'm pretty sure my take was spot on.

And I'm plenty ridiculous when I'm not behind a keyboard, so I take offense to that comment.  Though I did find this ironic coming from you of all people.   

1 hour ago, JiF said:

He even admitted he overreacted.  So, I'm pretty sure my take was spot on.

And I'm plenty ridiculous when I'm not behind a keyboard, so I take offense to that comment.  Though I did find this ironic coming from you of all people.   

Overreaction is human, not contemptible. For those who take this message board so seriously about the Jets I find it humorous those same people denigrate an actual Jet for showing emotion over things that could actually affect the performance of said Jets.

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Overreaction is human, not contemptible. For those who take this message board so seriously about the Jets I find it humorous those same people denigrate an actual Jet for showing emotion over things that could actually affect the performance of said Jets.

Yeah, a fodder camp RB dropping a pass is pretty much a season ending event. 

Just now, JiF said:

Yeah, a fodder camp RB dropping a pass is pretty much a season ending event. 

Seems you're spending a lot more energy on the subject than Marshall in a flash of frustration kicking a football.

On 8/3/2016 at 5:34 AM, Rexorcism said:

In the fifth practice of training camp, Brandon Marshall — the anti-Iverson, who never took much stock in practice in his NBA playing days — blew up, punting a ball over the bleachers

I think you guys missed the biggest takeaway from this non-story.  He can punt?  Over the bleachers?  He'd probably be hellacious in punt coverage.  Bet he can nail that coffin corner, too.  Opens up a roster spot and a little cap room.

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Only Jet fans criticize their best players constantly. Marshall has been a godsend to this team. I liken him to a rehabilitated Chris Carter. Leads by example & is so confident and so talented that younger players strive to emulate him. All great WRs are strange cats, with a few exceptions, just like top CBs. I can't wait to see the slim downed Brandon dominating again, especially in the 2nd year in this offense with the addition of Forte & Amaro. 

I tend to agree that this is likely a non-issue, but there precedent (multiple) for Marshall to destroy QB and team chemistry.   It's a reasonable topic to be discussed on a NY Jets messaged board.

Archived