JN Training camp coverage for Sun. Aug 13th

AFJF

Two heads are better than one...at least we hope.

Today from camp, JetNation.com will have two reps tweeting about the action.  John Viscardi will be tweeting live from the official JetNation account and I'll be tweeting from my personal account @AceFan23.

Temps are set to "feel like 107" at the mid-way point so if you're heading out to FP, remember sunblock, sunglasses and something to keep the sun at bay.

Jets practice recap from the Florham Park sauna: David Harris, Mo Wilkerson and Matt Forte didn't practice.

Ryan Fitzpatrick (36 reps) was 11-for-18, 4 TDs.

Highlight was a 55-yard TD bomb to Eric Decker. Fitzpatrick got all the first team reps, as usual.

Geno Smith (22 reps) was 8-for-14, 1 INT. Bryce Petty (18 reps) was 7-for-12, 1 TD. Christian Hackenberg (3 reps) was 1-for-1. Strong day for LB Jordan Jenkins.

13 hours ago, Larz said:

Jets practice recap from the Florham Park sauna: David Harris, Mo Wilkerson and Matt Forte didn't practice.

Highlight was a 55-yard TD bomb to Eric Decker. Fitzpatrick got all the first team reps, as usual.

Geno Smith (22 reps) was 8-for-14, 1 INT. Bryce Petty (18 reps) was 7-for-12, 1 TD. Christian Hackenberg (3 reps) was 1-for-1. Strong day for LB Jordan Jenkins.

Petty! Petty! Petty!

14 hours ago, Larz said:

Fitz needs to get completion % up          (I know nitpicking)

I like the 4 TD'S however

24 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Fitz needs to get completion % up          (I know nitpicking)

I like the 4 TD'S however

He has hovered around 60% comp percetage for like the past 5 years. I wouldn't expect it suddenly jump to 70% or anything like that. He is who he is, everyone thinks because he went to Harvard he's too smart to be a gambler, but that's how he plays... 60% comp percentage is fine, as long as he ain't turning it over and he avoids those quarters and halves of games where he can't get it going, we'll be fine. This offense is going to score points!

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

He has hovered around 60% comp percetage for like the past 5 years. I wouldn't expect it suddenly jump to 70% or anything like that. He is who he is, everyone thinks because he went to Harvard he's too smart to be a gambler, but that's how he plays... 60% comp percentage is fine, as long as he ain't turning it over and he avoids those quarters and halves of games where he can't get it going, we'll be fine. This offense is going to score points!

He was 58% last season..... even Fitz stated in camp that he needs to get % up. 6 losses last year with weak schedule.  You better believe that he needs that % up. Could be difference between a win and a loss. If you don't have strong arm you better have an accurate arm

4 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

He was 58% last season..... even Fitz stated in camp that he needs to get % up. 6 losses last year with weak schedule.  You better believe that he needs that % up. Could be difference between a win and a loss. If you don't have strong arm you better have an accurate arm

Yeah, and closer to 62% the prior years in the span I referred to. Every QB in the league should be trying to improve their comp %, but realistically speaking Fitz is historically a 60% guy. 11/18 is in line with that. Should he improve? Sure. Will he? Maybe by 2-3% based on history, any more would be fantastic - but to suggest he needs to jump into a tier he's not normally in based on him posting routine Sunday practice stats is maybe a case of unrealistic expectations.

Obviously, I don't disagree with the notion he should be better... I just think today's numbers are on par for Fitz.

Archived