Bills give up 37 points, fire OC

AFJF

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

It is insane. The should hire their old HC back. He miscalculated by opting out and they took a huge step back without him.

Schwartz is now DC with the Eagles but Rex should have hired him from the beginning. And the players I think wanted him back and complained about the Buff defense last season and there will be more complaining after a bad game on D yesterday. But Rex wants to run the defense over everything. 

Phew.  You said something complimentary about someone (Fitz or Forte?) earlier and I was worried.  Glad to see you're okay.

That's what smart, intelligent and objective posters do.

Give credit where credit is due, and point out huge deficiencies when they are quite obvious.

Again, very solid win for the Jets last night.

2 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

That's what smart, intelligent and objective posters do.

Give credit where credit is due, and point out huge deficiencies when they are quite obvious.

Again, very solid win for the Jets last night.

We're so lucky to have you.

46 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Hope not. I love having him in the division. Last year was an anomaly. His presence in Buffalo, and Tanny's presense in Miami, automatically means our division is going to come down to us or the Pats. 

To be fair, when Rex and Tanny worked together, the division was still between us and the Pats

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Yeah, not really though. Maybe for one season. Otherwise, no.

Screen Shot 2016-09-16 at 2.25.42 PM.png

You claiming the division would be between the Jets and Pats is as incorrect. We didn't win the division last year either. Division has always been with the Pats since Brady came in. It'll stay that way for another 2-3 years at least. 

However, my point was that Jets were the only team that were any threat to the Pats. Bills haven't made the playoffs since the Clinton era. Dolphins have made the playoffs ONCE since 2001. Jets have clearly been the #2 team in AFCE.

8 minutes ago, j4jets said:

You claiming the division would be between the Jets and Pats is as incorrect. We didn't win the division last year either. Division has always been with the Pats since Brady came in. It'll stay that way for another 2-3 years at least. 

However, my point was that Jets were the only team that were any threat to the Pats. Bills haven't made the playoffs since the Clinton era. Dolphins have made the playoffs ONCE since 2001. Jets have clearly been the #2 team in AFCE.

Dude, my post was about going forward, which was implicit from the grammar I chose to use in writing it. I don't know why you're talking about the past, but it's irrelevant to the point I was making. I said our division will come down to us or the Pats, which suggest that as long as leadership with the Dolphins and Bills doesn't change, they will be bottom feeders.

I don't really know what the point of arguing this is. 

If you want to get into the history, then go back to last season when the Bills hired Rex. The narrative was that Rex has historically played the Pats tough, and then when he whipped us twice, the implication was that he would make the Bills the #1 challenger for the division. Now, I never believed personally, but this is what the NFL fan/media base at large seemed to assume. Now that it's clearly debunked, going forward (I'll say it specifically so you don't mistake my meaning here) we are the only challenger to the Pats in the division.

So, keep Rex in Buffalo and Tanny in Miami as long as possible. Which is the prevailing point I was making.

9 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Sparano and Mornhinweg were sh*t to begin with. 

Both of them, along with Greg Roman, were hand-picked by Rex. I don't care if they were good/bad before they worked for him. The point is, he chooses his staff, then throws them under the bus for self-preservation. I've never seen ANY coach in the league works so hard to extend his life as HC the way Rex has.

@T0mShane, can I get a witness?

Also, read this on Rotoworld. Hilarious editorializing.

Bills promoted Anthony Lynn to offensive coordinator.

Lynn is a Rex Ryan guy from New York, where he previously coached running backs for the Jets. His old title with Buffalo was assistant head coach/running backs. The Bills needed someone to blame for Rex's inability to stop offenses, so they fired Greg Roman and gave Lynn -- Rex's longtime buddy -- his job. All of these guys are going to get fired after the season, if not before it ends.

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Both of them, along with Greg Roman, were hand-picked by Rex. I don't care if they were good/bad before they worked for him. The point is, he chooses his staff, then throws them under the bus for self-preservation. I've never seen ANY coach in the league works so hard to extend his life as HC the way Rex has.

@T0mShane, can I get a witness?

Rex Ryan is an insidious cockroach who has upholstered the inside of his white-trash Bills-logo-wrapped pickup truck with the pelts of all the people he murdered to preserve his NFL paycheck. The single, solitary reason he wacked Roman today is because he knows he's going to be fired and wants to spend 14 weeks artificially inflating his defensive rankings by forcing Anthony Lynn to run the ball 45 times per game in an effort to burn clock, win or lose. The extra special bonus for Jets fans is that this transparent display of cowardice will effectively end the careers of both Tyrod Taylor and Leshon McCoy, neither of whom the Jets have an answer for.

Archived